John Hughes

England

Does anyone like him? He was an amazing filmmaker :wub2: He made movies like The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink, Home Alone, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off :biggrin2: I was looking through the threads and I saw the Breakfast Club thread about the books for the band and I was just thinking about watching Sixteen Candles again...and anyways I wondered if MFC had a thread about him :aah: I love John Hughes, and I really love all of his movies :wub2:So if there is a thread already, this can be closed :wink2:

custom_1249919545446_John-Hughes.jpg

6a00c2251d77a7549d0110185ef7b0860f-500pi

sixteen-candles-400ds0629.jpg

Sixteen Candles...Jake Ryans :wub2:

nike-dunk-high-pro-sb-ferris-bueller-sample-detailed-pictures.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sixteen Candles is one of my favourite movies of all time. I am the same age as Molly Ringwald so I was 16 at the time too. Ferris Bueller is a total classic. Matthew Broderick was brilliant in that.

I've got a pink vinyl record of Pretty in Pink.

I just love all those movies. I really connected with John Hughes. A girl that became his penpal years ago wrote a nice piece about him when he died. I'll see if I can find it. It was really touching.

EDIT: Here is her story. It's really worth a read.

http://wellknowwhenwegetthere.blogspot.com/2009/08/sincerely-john-hughes.html

Not sure if there's another thread. I don't think I've seen one, but then again, I've only been on here again recently.

I adore his films! Finally convinced my mom after ages to get The Breakfast Club. I've yet to see 16 candles, though I have seen Ferris Bueller, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink. Did he direct Planes, Train and Automobiles? I think he did.

I really love that his films have a kind of heart to them. They are hilarious, sweet, crazy, and all that jazz and completely entertaining, but they, I don't know, seem to have a kind of soul. A very human soul. That sounds really odd/strange, but I'm not sure how to describe it. Well, a lot of movies don't have that 'soul', and I really like that Hughes movies do and still are awesome.

:thumb_yello:

Sixteen Candles is one of my favourite movies of all time. I am the same age as Molly Ringwald so I was 16 at the time too. Ferris Bueller is a total classic. Matthew Broderick was brilliant in that.

I've got a pink vinyl record of Pretty in Pink.

I just love all those movies. I really connected with John Hughes. A girl that became his penpal years ago wrote a nice piece about him when he died. I'll see if I can find it. It was really touching.

EDIT: Here is her story. It's really worth a read.

http://wellknowwhenwegetthere.blogspot.com/2009/08/sincerely-john-hughes.html

That's a really nice story, it must have been so awesome to write to him...I wish I could've met him :wub2: Thanks for posting the story :D

Not sure if there's another thread. I don't think I've seen one, but then again, I've only been on here again recently.

I adore his films! Finally convinced my mom after ages to get The Breakfast Club. I've yet to see 16 candles, though I have seen Ferris Bueller, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink. Did he direct Planes, Train and Automobiles? I think he did.

I really love that his films have a kind of heart to them. They are hilarious, sweet, crazy, and all that jazz and completely entertaining, but they, I don't know, seem to have a kind of soul. A very human soul. That sounds really odd/strange, but I'm not sure how to describe it. Well, a lot of movies don't have that 'soul', and I really like that Hughes movies do and still are awesome.

:thumb_yello:

I totally know what you mean, I love that about his movies too :biggrin2::wub2:

Archived