Your favourite lyric?

Wanted to write a reply, but I see that my favourite lyrics already are mentioned!

As the title says, what's your favourite lyric? I thought it'd be nice to find out what song lines are special to people and why :)

I love the line from lonely alcoholic "If we're all together screaming why can't we make a sound? Because the dirt in which we're stepping is the one in which we will be found." So that's probably one of my favourites but I'll think of more later :)

Totally agree! Just want to add: "But tell me, who will cuddle up to a lonely alcoholic" - it concerns not only alcoholics, but all the people who shows themselves as the most unhappy ones, moaning that nobody loves them, but they did nothing to deserve someone's love!

I totally agree, i love those lines too!!!!

But Happy Ending is just a total of impressive lines, like:

"This is the way that we love,

Like its forever.

Then live the rest of our life,

But not together."

or

"If I pretend that nothing ever went wrong

I can get to my sleep

I can think that we just carried on."

This song always makes me sad and happy at the same time...and the genius lyrics strike me every single time i listen to it :wub2:

And two other favorite lines from Mikas songs:

"I've gone identity mad!" :kachinga:

"My oh my, i think my mind is gone. I'm left here wondering was I crazy all along?":freak:

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

My favorite lyrics are: "This is the hardest story that I've ever told" it breaks my heart.

Another one is "You mean the world to me but you'll never know" I really, really love I see you, I think almost everybody had felt that and it has a really simple lyrics but really touching ._.

So true! Mika means a word for me, but he will never know :boxed:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You touched these tired eyes of mine

and mapped my face out line by line

and somehow growing old seems fine

now listen close for im not smart

You wrapped your thoughts and works of art

and they're hanging on the walls of my heart

I may not have the softest touch

I may not say the words as such

And though I may not look like much,

I'm yours

And though my edge are quite rough,

i never feel im quite enough,

i may not look like very much,

but im yours

I really, really love

"Many years have gone by, I'm still wondering why, I had to let the world, let it bleed me dry"

Because so many people just become like, poisoned by what's around them as they get older and are sucked dry of their own like true individuality, and it's like their own character disintegrates and they just become a mixture of everyone else; just like everyone else. And i feel like WAG is about the people that don't lose that; the people like Mika that are really golden!!!

And it always just makes me really emotional!

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? Cos I could really use a wish right now :wub2:

as well as a lot of Mika lyrics... :wub2:

I especially love 'Paint me in a colour that you swear you've never seen before' but i wasn't sure if i could post it <3

Oh, other lyrics I like:

Put your heart back in your pocket,

Pick your love up off the floor

When your momma says you're stopping,

But girl, let me tell you more:

If he's 95 or 22,

A boy's gonna do what he's gonna do,

He says he don't love you anymore,

So pick up off the floor.

Oh, and I like when Mika sings Big Girl (You are beautiful)...Make me feels better even when I'm not big :shocked:

Oh, other lyrics I like:

Put your heart back in your pocket,

Pick your love up off the floor

When your momma says you're stopping,

But girl, let me tell you more:

If he's 95 or 22,

A boy's gonna do what he's gonna do,

He says he don't love you anymore,

So pick up off the floor.

Oh, and I like when Mika sings Big Girl (You are beautiful)...Make me feels better even when I'm not big :shocked:

Ohh :tears: i love pick up off the floor :wub2::mf_lustslow:

I heard it in Gossip Girl 3x08 and I just fell in love with it.This song is wonderful. I love this song. it is so awesome.It is a very interesting song.I love mika and always will he is awesome i love this song it is so beautiful mika does it wonderfully

The first line, that came to my mind was "Lonely is so lonely alone". On the one hand it's a great wordplay and it has a great "speaking rhythm". On the other hand there is so a deep meaning in this one line.

But thinking about it, I realized, that there are so much lines from Mika, where my feelings are ":wub2:".

The posted lines from "Happy Ending" are for sure some of these lines. Although I could quote the whole lyrics of this song, they are so special :wub2:

One of my favourite lines at the moment is "I'm going where the sun is shining, through the pouring rain" although it's "only" from a cover. Actually I like the sound of it and the meaning, not so much the pictures used (I don't think I would like the lines in German :blink:)

Some other special lines for me are...

"Sucking too hard on your lollipop. Oh, love's gonna get you down" because of the metaphoric meaning in it. And I like the connection with the line "Oh, love come get me down" later.

"Gonna pick you up like a paper cup" in "Billy Brown". It's such a strange comparison :roftl: And the line "While it was all going accordingly to plan. Then Billy Brown fell in love with another man", too.

"Cold. Drunk. Tired. Lost." in "Over my shoulder". Less is more. Four small words. And everyone of it has such a bunch of emotions in it.

"Running around again. Running from running". Mostly the same like with "Lonely is so lonely alone".

"Looking for treasure in the things that you threw, like a magpie - I live for glitter, not you" because it's so much Mika. And "Like a magpie" I like also, because it sounds so great, when he switches to falsett with the "-pie".

"Well, you can't predict the future for you can't erase the past". It's such a true line.

Other lines, which were named before, are "I think my mind is gone" and "I've gone identity mad!"

And the playing with colours in "Grace Kelly" is very creative, too. Mika could have used "normal" adjective that are describing your behaviour (like "nice", "cool", "adapted"...). But he uses the colours. And this empowers the meaning.

My favourite lyric, off course is :

"Waking up in a midday sun, What's to live for

u could see what i've done."

and

" Now I'm sitting alone, i'm finally looking around,

Left here on my own, i'm gonna hurt myself

Maybe losing my mind, i'm still wondering why

Had to let the world let it bleed me dry...."

That's exactly what i'm feeling now~:thumb_yello:

when i first time listen to "we are golden"

I was totally fell in love with the lyrics of the song~

Every single words which is describing my life.

yeah ~ i'm a teenager~

so, that's why I'm gonna addicted to this song:blush-anim-cl:

"A watering hole with the girls around and curves in all the right places!" :thumb_yello::biggrin2::wub2:

What big girl DOESN'T wanna hear that line? :D

Ditto!

Also, "I wanna be your sister and your mother too" Just cuz it's also in a Prince song. (Just figured it out but can't remember the title of the song. . . dumb radio people never saying what's playing! :sneaky2: )

I love so many of the lyrics everyones posted! "Well you can't predict the future, for you can't erase the past." is so full of meaning, it sends chills down my spine! And I agree with "curves in all the right places." because I think it makes everyone feel a little better about themselves - no matter what size!

"Smile like you mean it and let yourself let go." is an incredible line, because I

find it really relates to the people I know who just smile, because they feel they have to smile to be nice, but really they don't want to be nice. And with people like that you need to "let yourself let go."

"Left here on my own, I'm gonna hurt myself. Maybe i'm loosing my mind, I'm still wondering why had to let the world, let it bleed me dry." Is so powerful! Because you can tell it means so much as the emotion when he sings it (especially when it's live and he changes it to I'm gonna kill myself) is incredible. :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

I love so many of the lyrics everyones posted!

"Left here on my own, I'm gonna hurt myself. Maybe i'm loosing my mind, I'm still wondering why had to let the world, let it bleed me dry." Is so powerful! Because you can tell it means so much as the emotion when he sings it (especially when it's live and he changes it to I'm gonna kill myself) is incredible. :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

ha! yea!

every time when i watched the vids that he was singing "we are golden" with the different intro version

:mf_lustslow:

i'll rewind it again and again:aah:

aw i love this thread so much!

hmmm... some of my faves from Mika songs at this moment:

All of My Interpretation but especially:

This is my interpretation,

And it don't, don't make sense.

And a lot of One Foot Boy:

Say you like me,

But not with changes?

Shut up and forget it

These are my faces

Also:

Life could be simple but you never fail

To complicate it every single time

And of course:

We are not what you think we are

We are golden, we are golden

but goodness, there are so many!!! :biggrin2:

and a few from other songs:

"Say who you are, say what you mean, question yourself, are you really what you dream?" --Dispatch, Hey Hey

"A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through" -- Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

"Choose not a life of imitation" -- Can't Stop, Red Hot Chilli Peppers

ha! yea!

every time when i watched the vids that he was singing "we are golden" with the different intro version

:mf_lustslow:

i'll rewind it again and again:aah:

mm same with me :teehee: I'm addicted to it

btw some time ago I found an acoustic version of it (not live)! :thumb_yello:

and I love sooo many lyrics, I just can't tell which I love the most, but

"the dirt in which we're stepping is the one in which we will be found" is simply amazing :blink:

ah well and of course "go find your spirit in a lost and found"

oh and

"Come sorrow is so peculiar

It comes in a day then it'll never leave you

You take a pill wonder if it will fix you

Then wonder why sorrow has never left you"

....simply great!

and

"I shouldn't ever said the things i said, looking for love, we left for dead in a grave with out a stone."

oh and I get goosebumps whe I hear him sing "Would you hate me

if I stuttered? Would you make me walk out of the door?" and "paint me

in a color you swear you've never seen before"

I can go on and on for hours :naughty:

As the title says, what's your favourite lyric? I thought it'd be nice to find out what song lines are special to people and why :)

I love the line from lonely alcoholic "If we're all together screaming why can't we make a sound? Because the dirt in which we're stepping is the one in which we will be found." So that's probably one of my favourites but I'll think of more later :)

I have the same favorite line.. I was just about to say that.. :jawdrop:

Archived