shout out to all Londoners and everyone who knows London

mikatuned

Hello all!!!

i'm going to london and looking for a cheap but safe place to stay for a few days ... this trip wasn't planned in advance so i didn't have time to save enough for it... that's why the principle 'the cheaper the better' is applied

if you know any low cost but still nice place to stay ... i'd be really grateful if you shared details )))

thanks!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello all!!!

i'm going to london in january and looking for a cheap but safe place to stay for 4 days tops ... this trip wasn't planned in advance so i didn't have time to save enough for it... that's why the principle 'the cheaper the better' is applied

if you know any nice and low cost place to stay ... i'd be really grateful if you shared details )))

thanks!

I've been to London in november and there was a youth hostel in the street of our hotel it was close to Hyde Park. I was trying to look it up and than I found this. http://www.britanniatravel.com then go to student accomodation: student housing and appartments. When you open this you have on the left side Hostels and hotels. Hope it can help you ! :thumb_yello:

that site looks fine, although the prices for student accommodation are valid till March 2008 only - so basically that site has not been updated for the last 2 years.

My advice would be to go to http://www.booking.com and choose from those the options it offers. It is absolutely safe to book via that site and for some hotels / particular packages it even gives you the option to cancel the booking 1-2 days in advance or even on the day.

The other thing I'd say you need to consider is to stay in the centre (Zones 1-2) as travelling from a hostel or hotel a bit further from the centre can add significant amount to your costs as well as take more of your time you'd rather spend on sightseeing I suppose.

Hello all!!!

i'm going to london and looking for a cheap but safe place to stay for a few days ... this trip wasn't planned in advance so i didn't have time to save enough for it... that's why the principle 'the cheaper the better' is applied

if you know any low cost but still nice place to stay ... i'd be really grateful if you shared details )))

thanks!

What dates are you going to London?

What a useful thread! :thumb_yello:

I've started to look for a B&B or a hotel in London for an extended weekend sometime in spring, but the choice is vast and making a decision is therefore difficult.

I'd appreciate if you'd share your good (and bad!) experiences regarding accommodation in London. I'm not particularly picky, that is I'm not looking for a fancy hotel, cause I'm not planning on spending too much time there anyways, but a nice place not too far from the center.

that site looks fine, although the prices for student accommodation are valid till March 2008 only - so basically that site has not been updated for the last 2 years.

My advice would be to go to http://www.booking.com and choose from those the options it offers. It is absolutely safe to book via that site and for some hotels / particular packages it even gives you the option to cancel the booking 1-2 days in advance or even on the day.

The other thing I'd say you need to consider is to stay in the centre (Zones 1-2) as travelling from a hostel or hotel a bit further from the centre can add significant amount to your costs as well as take more of your time you'd rather spend on sightseeing I suppose.

yeah, public transport is not the cheapest in London... and i'm looking for a place to stay right in those areas

thanks for advice and a link, Suzie!!!!!!

yeah, public transport is not the cheapest in London... and i'm looking for a place to stay right in those areas

thanks for advice and a link, Suzie!!!!!!

I have found the name of the hostel in the street of our hotel I was talking about earlier. Give in " Astor Quest hostel Queensborrough Terrace London " It's very good situated close to everything. In the street nearby there are 2 metro stations Bayswater and Queensway and it's also next to Hyde Park and Kensington.

Hi!

I have two links for you if you haven't found an accomodation yet:

http://www.bookdirectrooms.com/

http://www.hrs.com/web3/showHomepage.do;jsessionid=C7D70BBEAA9E6B0E78E9EF22F61FD483.1-4?clientId=ZW5fX05FWFQ-&cid=1-4&activity=show

The price of a anytime-day-ticket for London Transport (zones 1 and 2) is 8,00 GBP. When you only travel at off-peak-times (after 9:30 am) it's 6,60 GBP. A ticket for seven days costs 27,60 GBP and is valid anytime. With those day-tickets or 7-days-tickets you can use all tubes, buses and trains within the zones 1 and 2. If you plan to travel by bus only you can buy a special bus-ticket. The price is 4,00 GBP for a day-ticket and 17,80 GBP for a 7-day-ticket. But those tickets are only valid for travelling in buses and trams.

Please let me know if you need further informations. :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello¡¡

My name is Lola I'm from Spain and I want to travel to London in March. This threat is very interesting for me:wink2:

I will go with my family I have two children , 9 and 14 years old.

The hostel are cheap, but maybe is just only for a students? Do you know any for families?

Archived