Boy Problem

glorious revenge

Ok, so I had to post this coz it was worrying me a bit too much; I hope I've not posted in the wrong place though.

Ok, so there's this guy at college who I kind of know. I think you could say we're acqquaintances. He studies music, I study Science. We met randomly and we got on really well. And he loves poetry. I used to think he was kinda hipster-ish but I guess he's just his own thing...and we kept bumping into each other on and off...nothing serious and then one day, out of the blue, he asks me for my number....and the next day while I was walking with my friends, he asked me if I wanted to go for dinner with him, but I said no coz I was going out with my friends...and ever since that day he's been as silent as a mouse. Should I call him casually? Did I do something wrong? Is he bored of me? I think the MFC should have a separate coloumn for Relationship Advice lol

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, so I had to post this coz it was worrying me a bit too much; I hope I've not posted in the wrong place though.

Ok, so there's this guy at college who I kind of know. I think you could say we're acqquaintances. He studies music, I study Science. We met randomly and we got on really well. And he loves poetry. I used to think he was kinda hipster-ish but I guess he's just his own thing...and we kept bumping into each other on and off...nothing serious and then one day, out of the blue, he asks me for my number....and the next day while I was walking with my friends, he asked me if I wanted to go for dinner with him, but I said no coz I was going out with my friends...and ever since that day he's been as silent as a mouse. Should I call him casually? Did I do something wrong? Is he bored of me? I think the MFC should have a separate coloumn for Relationship Advice lol

IMO, we can give you an advice, but not tell you what to do, I think there's no Relationship advice because it had to be someone as a psycologist or therapyst, or someone like that, that take care of that kind of problems on MFC, cause is very dangerous say what to do to someone else and then, if something goes wrong, who would take the responsability of what happenned? :boxed: don't know, maybe that's why it doesn't exist a thread like that, or maybe I'm wrong, don't know :blink:

Anyway, IMO, is that he likes you and that is why he was trying to be your friend to reach you, and as you said "no" to have a date he let it go, but maybe I'm wrong, I would try to call him to ask him what's wrong, and then see if you can be friends again :wink2:

You should call him and say, that you're sorry you couldn't go out with him that night, but you had already arranged to go out with your friends that night, and you would love to go out to dinner with him, and arrange a night thats good for you both:thumb_yello:

Aw, the teenage years!:wub2:

I can't give you any advice whether you should call him or not, that depends on what you really want to do. How much do you like him? Are you interested to get to know him more?

You are the only one with the answers to that.

What I want to do however is to ask you to try to see it though his point of view. Boys can be shy too, you know.:wink2:

Maybe he has been thinking to ask you out for a long time but didn't have the courage, and finally he took a deep breath and did it and it happened to be on the same day you had plans!

If you want more of his company then maybe you should take a step, because he can be thinking that you didn't really want to meet him!:boxed:

Good luck!

Aw, the teenage years!:wub2:

I can't give you any advice whether you should call him or not, that depends on what you really want to do. How much do you like him? Are you interested to get to know him more?

You are the only one with the answers to that.

What I want to do however is to ask you to try to see it though his point of view. Boys can be shy too, you know.:wink2:

Maybe he has been thinking to ask you out for a long time but didn't have the courage, and finally he took a deep breath and did it and it happened to be on the same day you had plans!

If you want more of his company then maybe you should take a step, because he can be thinking that you didn't really want to meet him!:boxed:

Good luck!

aw, yea ur right, i tried putting myself in his shoes but he dint seem that shy....maybe i shud just call him and get it over with, life's short and if it doesn't turn out ok, oh well :)

Oh this one's easy! He feels as though you shot him down and the "pre-arranged day out with friends" might have been an excuse and a hint that maybe you don't want to go out with him. So, now the ball is in your court to change this.

My current boyfriend asked me out on a date over a year ago but I said no because I didn't know him at all. He seemed nice and kept in contact, but then I started to speak to him a lot over the course of the year and realised I actually fancied him. But because he had already bitten the bullet there was no way he was going to ask me again, so I had to do the asking. And now we're together! It's the 21st century so girls can make the move, y'know :mf_rosetinted: It's hard and it took a lot of pushing from my friends (my MFC friends, actually! :roftl:) because I was scared to ask him, but your situation sounds a little similar to mine. What have you got to lose? He obviously likes you. Now's the time to say "About dinner, are you free Saturday night? I'm sorry I wasn't available before, so how about we set a date where we're both free?"

:) Good luck!

I'd say the fact you're posting this shows you care about him. I mean, if you didn't care about his reaction you wouldn't have taken the time to start this thread. I think that's really nice of you!

I think everyone here has given some good advice so far.

Do you have his number? I agree with Rose when I say: maybe you can call him and talk to him. Just explain that you weren't trying to be rude and that you'd like to meet up with him one day. You can start off with something casual like meeting for drinks, lunch or going to a movie. I also agree with what sienna said, maybe he'll take your 'no' as you don't like him. When was this? Last week, right? I'd say if he knew you long enough before asking you out to dinner, it's not as if his feelings are going to completely go away in a week or two.

Just be honest with him and yourself and I think you'll be okay.

Hope everything goes well and let us know how things go. :wink2:

Oh this one's easy! He feels as though you shot him down and the "pre-arranged day out with friends" might have been an excuse and a hint that maybe you don't want to go out with him. So, now the ball is in your court to change this.

My current boyfriend asked me out on a date over a year ago but I said no because I didn't know him at all. He seemed nice and kept in contact, but then I started to speak to him a lot over the course of the year and realised I actually fancied him. But because he had already bitten the bullet there was no way he was going to ask me again, so I had to do the asking. And now we're together! It's the 21st century so girls can make the move, y'know :mf_rosetinted: It's hard and it took a lot of pushing from my friends (my MFC friends, actually! :roftl:) because I was scared to ask him, but your situation sounds a little similar to mine. What have you got to lose? He obviously likes you. Now's the time to say "About dinner, are you free Saturday night? I'm sorry I wasn't available before, so how about we set a date where we're both free?"

:) Good luck!

Thanks... ur ryt, making the first ( well techincally second) move is quite nerve-wrecking.....yea, like u said, if it's a no, it's a no....I hope he hasn't forgotten all about me tho lol coz it's been quite a while since we bumped into each other so I wanted to call him incase things start to get awkward.....

I'd say the fact you're posting this shows you care about him. I mean, if you didn't care about his reaction you wouldn't have taken the time to start this thread. I think that's really nice of you!

I think everyone here has given some good advice so far.

Do you have his number? I agree with Rose when I say: maybe you can call him and talk to him. Just explain that you weren't trying to be rude and that you'd like to meet up with him one day. You can start off with something casual like meeting for drinks, lunch or going to a movie. I also agree with what sienna said, maybe he'll take your 'no' as you don't like him. When was this? Last week, right? I'd say if he knew you long enough before asking you out to dinner, it's not as if his feelings are going to completely go away in a week or two.

Just be honest with him and yourself and I think you'll be okay.

Hope everything goes well and let us know how things go. :wink2:

thnks...yea i hope it'll turn out ok...thing is he didn't even knw me very well before he asked me out to dinner with his friends...infact we're merely acqquaintances...but he gave me his number lol... yea he gave me his number coz i asked for it haha...and then he called me later to make sure it was my number coz I gave him a missed call....ryt i shud just get over it i guess......I'm just afraid he would have already lost interest in me since he doesn't knw me that well

Thanks... ur ryt, making the first ( well techincally second) move is quite nerve-wrecking.....yea, like u said, if it's a no, it's a no....I hope he hasn't forgotten all about me tho lol coz it's been quite a while since we bumped into each other so I wanted to call him incase things start to get awkward.....

well it had been over a year since my boyfriend first asked me out and he still said yes :naughty:

Archived