The Overtones

Milda

I don't know much about them, because only today I came across one of their videos on Youtube. And wow, they're pretty much amazing, IMHO :mf_lustslow:

From what I've heard, I mostly love the covers they've done, here are some of them:

[YOUTUBE]VMhkygcBZdo&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]hXRQiCPSDDI&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kOO1tVYGaI8&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

This is what Wikipedia has to say about The Overtones:

The Overtones are a five-piece British-Irish doo-wop boy band from London, formed in 2010. They were discovered by a Warner Brothers talent scout while working as decorators in a shop near Oxford Street, singing during their tea break. Their debut album Good Ol' Fashioned Love entered the UK Albums Chart at 16 in November 2010. However, after the re-release of the album in March 2011, it propelled to the high end of the chart at number 4.

Anyone else know/like them? :teehee:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, loving that Ceelo cover! The guy with the lead vocals in that one has an amazing voice! :mf_lustslow:

What a story about how they got discovered, that's like something out of a movie. :lmfao:

Thank you so much for posting this! :flowers2:

So happy you liked them :fangurl:

Ceelo cover is my favorite too :naughty: That guy reminds me Marshall from "How I met your mother" :roftl: and I agree with you, his voice is stunning :mf_lustslow: He would be a great solo singer, I think.

OMG did you see this? :mf_lustslow:

[YOUTUBE]4YehyIXI1Sc&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

I love how everyone on that video has a delicious accent, especially the male host and the Irish guy on the left. I kept listening to that part where he says "the only girl in the world" like a hundred times, it's so cute! :teehee:

I would rather hear Ceelo doing Ceelo but the I Need a Dollar is brilliant. That guy has an extraordinary voice. It's so unique and he's got a great tone.

I thought so too at first, but after a few listens, I started to prefer their cover :teehee:

I guess Mika is not the only one who's into Spice Girls... :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]hVv8Bh7Bkdc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

:roftl::roftl:

Since the Overtones and Mika has similar interests, they could do a tour together :naughty: like Mika did with the King's Singers.. I would die from the happiness :mf_lustslow:

OMG did you see this? :mf_lustslow:

[YOUTUBE]4YehyIXI1Sc&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

I love how everyone on that video has a delicious accent, especially the male host and the Irish guy on the left. I kept listening to that part where he says "the only girl in the world" like a hundred times, it's so cute! :teehee:

Yes I saw it :mf_lustslow: I must say I'm in love with Lachie's (the guy who's singing lead vocals) voice. I just can't understand why they don't let him sing lead vocals more often.. There's only a few songs where I can hear his beautiful voice :aah:

:roftl::roftl:

Since the Overtones and Mika has similar interests, they could do a tour together :naughty: like Mika did with the King's Singers.. I would die from the happiness :mf_lustslow:

Who would've guessed Spice Girls can unite people! :naughty:

Seriously though, I would love to see that happen. :mf_lustslow:

Yes I saw it :mf_lustslow:I must say I'm in love with Lachie's (the guy who's singing lead vocals) voice. I just can't understand why they don't let him sing lead vocals more often.. There's only a few songs where I can hear his beautiful voice :aah:

Me too! His voice is really unique (at least to me) and he sings so effortlessly. As you said earlier, he would make a great solo artist. I think they're all awfully talented but he's my favourite. :teehee: I can't stop listening to that Rihanna cover, it's stunning.

Me too! His voice is really unique (at least to me) and he sings so effortlessly. As you said earlier, he would make a great solo artist. I think they're all awfully talented but he's my favourite. :teehee: I can't stop listening to that Rihanna cover, it's stunning.

That's exactly what I've said to one of my friends :teehee:

I would describe his voice as... sexy, perhaps? :swoon: And he's so charming, I saw one interview with him and he was just so cute :fangurl: Apparently, he is Australian.. My sister always says Australian males are the best :naughty:

That's exactly what I've said to one of my friends :teehee:

I would describe his voice as... sexy, perhaps? :swoon: And he's so charming, I saw one interview with him and he was just so cute :fangurl: Apparently, he is Australian.. My sister always says Australian males are the best :naughty:

I would have to agree with you on that. :mf_lustslow:

Yeah I read from Wikipedia that he's from Australia! I couldn't hear that too much from his speech though. Maybe it's just my inability to recognize accents. :teehee:

I would have to agree with you on that. :mf_lustslow:

Yeah I read from Wikipedia that he's from Australia! I couldn't hear that too much from his speech though. Maybe it's just my inability to recognize accents. :teehee:

I can't recognize any accents :roftl:

Oh my, I'm listening to them non stop now... I just hope I won't become so obsessed with them, like I am with Mika. One obsession is more than enough :aah::aah:

I can't recognize any accents :roftl:

Oh my, I'm listening to them non stop now... I just hope I won't become so obsessed with them, like I am with Mika. One obsession is more than enough :aah::aah:

I'm obsessed with plenty of bands and I've never been happier! Mika is just the tip of the iceberg! :naughty:

I'm obsessed with plenty of bands and I've never been happier! Mika is just the tip of the iceberg! :naughty:

I couldn't handle it :roftl: but I might consider becoming The Overtones fan.. Blame it on Lachie, he's irresistible :naughty:

I love how everyone on that video has a delicious accent, especially the male host and the Irish guy on the left.

When I was watching the vids last night I thought oh he must be the Irish one. He reminds me of a couple of guys who worked in our Irish office. Maybe just a lucky guess though. :naughty:

I thought so too at first, but after a few listens, I started to prefer their cover :teehee:

I just like Ceelo's anger/angst, but this guy is a very good singer for sure.

Since the Overtones and Mika has similar interests, they could do a tour together :naughty: like Mika did with the King's Singers..

I would like that. The King's Singers are too old fashioned for me. I'm sure they are great singers but their style doesn't interest me.

I didn't hear it at all at first. He must have been in England for quite awhile because his Australian accent is almost gone.

I just hope I won't become so obsessed with them, like I am with Mika. One obsession is more than enough :aah::aah:

I like a lot of other artists but I don't have the time or energy for another obsession either. I am loving Adele more than Mika at the moment but I still can't obsess over her and keep track of Mika at the same time. :naughty:

I didn't hear it at all at first. He must have been in England for quite awhile because his Australian accent is almost gone.

That's what I thought too. Surely I wouldn't have even heard it if I hadn't known he is from Australia. :teehee:

I like a lot of other artists but I don't have the time or energy for another obsession either. I am loving Adele more than Mika at the moment but I still can't obsess over her and keep track of Mika at the same time. :naughty:

Mika is my main obsession too, this is the first and only fanclub I belong to. :naughty: I still follow a lot of other musicians and fangurl over some of them *cough The Strokes cough* but not as intensely I guess.

I just like Ceelo's anger/angst, but this guy is a very good singer for sure.

Oh, I see :naughty: Those guys don't have much anger, that's for sure. As someone commented on that video "Lachie makes 'f**k' sound like such a beautiful word!" :teehee:

He came to the UK 5 years ago.

It's a good thing you said "at the moment" :mf_rosetinted: I want to believe this will change when Mika's album comes out :naughty:

He came to the UK 5 years ago.

Ah. I was married to a South African and after we were living in England for a couple of years people would ask him what town he was from (in England). He was educated in English schools though so he never had a strong SA accent like people who've grown up as Afrikaners.

It's a good thing you said "at the moment" :mf_rosetinted: I want to believe this will change when Mika's album comes out :naughty:

Yes hopefully. :teehee: I find Adele's music more moving than Mika's and always have but Mika is a lot of fun. :wink2:

Lachie must be Mika's fan, look what he wore at the concert... He clearly wants to be GOLDEN :aah::roftl:

p1090636-1.jpg

Photo taken by "Swiss reporter, Stefanie"

:lmfao:

I just realized I haven't listened to anything else besides these guys today! :shocked: I had some errands to run today and all I could think of was Lachie singing 'f**k you'. :roftl: It took huge effort not to burst out singing that to the cashier when I went to do some grocery shopping.

:lmfao:

I just realized I haven't listened to anything else besides these guys today! :shocked: I had some errands to run today and all I could think of was Lachie singing 'f**k you'. :roftl:It took huge effort not to burst out singing that to the cashier when I went to do some grocery shopping.

:lmfao::lmfao:

Today I had three songs on repeat - "F**k you" -> "Only girl in the World" -> "I need a dollar" :naughty: I can totally understand why you wanted to sing out loud :roftl:

:lmfao::lmfao:

Today I had three songs on repeat - "F**k you" -> "Only girl in the World" -> "I need a dollar" :naughty: I can totally understand why you wanted to sing out loud :roftl:

I've been listening to those all day too, but I've also had Gambling Man and The Longest Time on repeat. :teehee: You were sooo right, I wish they had given the lead vocals to Lachie in those too!