Mika in Dutch newspaper, the AD

Marly

There is a page about Mika in the Dutch newspaper, the AD. It's nothing new, but it's a positive article. It's about Mika finally saying he's gay and why. About Paloma's accident, his writer's block and that he's in love. Also a bit about the new album.

It's nice too see more about Mika in de Dutch media.

d3e471e7.jpg

ebaee153.jpg

5d414410.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AMP did a transcription/translation. Thanks both for your efforts. :flowers2:

Mika onder druk gezet om uit de kast te komen

Mika being pressured to come out of the closet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Novum) - Mika is naar eigen zeggen enorm onder druk gezet om uit de kast te komen. "Eigenlijk beledigend", concludeert de 29-jarige zanger in een interview met het AD. "Wat halen anderen voor vreugde uit zo'n mededeling? Klinkt mijn muziek er anders door?"

Mika says he has felt enormous pressure to come out of the closet. "Actually it is insulting." the 29 yo singer says in an interview in AD. "What pleasure do others get out of such an announcement? Does my music sound different because of it?

De zanger, bekend van hits als Grace Kelly en Big Girl, biechtte deze zomer op dat hij op mannen valt. "Nee, dat is voor mij heus geen recente ontdekking", geeft Mika toe. "Maar het kiezen van het moment erover te vertellen was aan mij en niemand anders. De tijd is nu rijp, omdat ik een geweldige relatie heb. Met wie, dat houd ik voor mezelf, maar dankzij hem voel ik me vrij mijn seksualiteit te bevestigen."

The singer, known from hits like Grace Kelly and Big Girl, confessed this summer that he likes men. "No, that isn't a new discovery for me,"admits Mika "but it was up to me to choose the moment to tell it, and nobody elses. Now the time is ripe, because I have a wonderful relationship. With whom I keep to myself, but thanks to him I feel free to confirm my sexuality."

Zijn nieuwe relatie gaf Mika, die werd geboren als Michael Penniman, naar eigen zeggen vleugels. "Het cliché luidt dat depressieve songwriters de beste liedjes maken; ik ben op mijn best als ik dolgelukkig ben."

His new relation gave Mika wings (sorry don't know if that is an english expression) the cliche that songwriters are on their best when depressed doesn't work for Mika. "I'm on my best when I am happy."

Ook het zware ongeluk van zijn zus, die van vier hoog uit een raam op een ijzeren hek viel, veranderde de zanger. "Ik voelde me tot het ongeluk van Paloma al een jaar lang mat en inspiratieloos", biecht Mika op. "Het plotselinge succes van de jaren ervoor had m'n ego opgeblazen."

His sisters severe accident, who fell out of a window on a iron fence, changed the singer. "Up to a year after the accident I felt flat and out of inspriration."confesses Mika. "The sudden succes from the former years had blown up my ego. "

Terwijl zijn zus voor haar leven vocht, werd Mika wakker geschud. "Wat heb je aan een enorm ego als iemand ligt te vechten voor haar leven? Ik besefte me dat ik niet moest zeuren over wat anderen van me dachten, maar gewoon aan de slag moest."

While his sisters was fighting for her life, Mika got shook up. "What do you get by an enormous ego when someelse is fighting for her life? I realised that I shouldn't whine about how others thought of me, but got to get to work!"

There is a page about Mika in the Dutch newspaper, the AD. It's nothing new, but it's a positive article. It's about Mika finally saying he's gay and why. About Paloma's accident, his writer's block and that he's in love. Also a bit about the new album.

It's nice too see more about Mika in de Dutch media.

Thanks for posting! :huglove:

It says TOOL will be released Friday next week?

I was expecting the album tomorrow ('cause general release is monday)? So, wel'll have to wait another week? :o:(

What about the general release on Monday? I thought every country had a different release date...

You're right about the 14th of September though: when I ordered my cd at the Dutch site 'Bol.com' it said that the album would be released on the 14th... in the meantime they miraculously changed the date to the 21th of September (never got an e-mail about the change of date).

Thanks for posting! :huglove:

What about the general release on Monday? I thought every country had a different release date...

You're right about the 14th of September though: when I ordered my cd at the Dutch site 'Bol.com' it said that the album would be released on the 14th... in the meantime they miraculously changed the date to the 21th of September (never got an e-mail about the change of date).

Itunes also says the 21th and so does the FreeRecordShop.

Oh em gee! He's in love with a BOY!

Anyways, the Dutch release date was pushed back. I reckon to make it harder for me not to listen to the previews. But I won't give in:mf_rosetinted:

Well, I ordered my copy yesterday at Fnac, 'cause it's already available there. For some reasons they only sell the French editions (probably 'cause it's in fact a French chain).

It's expected to be delivered on Monday... I'll buy the Belgian edition when I pass by a record shop in one of the next couple of weeks haha :D