MIKA - Beatles survey, Spain, 5.10.12

nanuk

Sorry, I cannot translate this article.My english is terrible.

He makes a survey of Beatles songs.

http://www.finanzas.com/noticias-001/cultura/20121005/varios-musicos-cuentan-cuales-1561227.html

Varios músicos nos cuentan cuáles son sus cinco canciones favoritas de los Beatles

Varios músicos nos cuentan cuáles son sus cinco canciones favoritas de los Beatles

Mika, Jorge Drexler, Leiva, Amaral, El Pescao y Nek nos cuentan cuáles son sus canciones favoritas de los Fab Four

I. SERRANO/P. M. PITA / MADRID

ABC

«I am the Walrus» es, junto con «Blackbird», la canción de los Beatles más seleccionada

Toda la actualidad de Cultura

Resulta ardua la tarea de escoger tan solo cinco canciones de los Beatles, pero es el esfuerzo que hemos pedido a algunos músicos. Este es el resultado:

Mika

El artista líbano-británico ha venido a Madrid a promocionar su nuevo disco, «The Origin Of Love By Mika», pero se muestra encantado de contestar a nuestra pequeña encuesta. Sabe que los Fab Four abrieron una puerta por la que él mismo se ha colado. Así que, tras sorprenderse de que ya hayan pasado cincuenta años desde la publicación de «Love Me Do», nos explica uno a uno los motivos de su selección:

1. «Blackbird»: Es la canción definitiva sobre la libertad. Habla sobre el racismo, de un modo abstracto para que el mensaje sea aún más poderoso. Habla sobre libertad, pero sin estar politizada.

2. «Taxman»: Me gusta porque tiene ese realismo brutal del norte de Inglaterra, ese humor. Los Beatles eran los mejores creando fantasías a partir de la vida real. Me encanta ese ese guiño que parece decir «¿confías en el hombre de los impuestos, o quieres salir corriendo cuando llega?».

3. «I am the Walrus»: También tiene mucho de ese sentido del humor que hay en «Taxman». La adoro, sin duda está en mi lista.

4. «She loves you», pero en la versión en alemán, «Sie Liebt Dich». Es tan bizarro… me encanta.

5. «Yellow Submarine»: Sé que la gente no da un duro por Ringo Starr, pero cómo canta esa canción es alucinante. El sonido es precioso, y es tan idiosincrática…

Por cierto, mostró su aversión por «Ticket to Ride».

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika, the lebanese/british singer has come to Madrid to promote his new album "TOOL", and he feels pleased to answer to one of our questions. Know that the Fab Four opened a door from where he himself slipped in through. So, after getting surprised by the fact that it´s already 50 years since "Love Me Do" was released, he explains step by step the reasons of his choices.

1.Blackbird. This is the deffinitive song about freedom. It talks about racism, in an abstract way so that it gets even more power. It talks about freedom but not in a politic-ish way.

2.Taxman. I like it cause it has that brutal realism from the North England, that sense of humour. The Beatles were the best creating fantasies based on real life. I love that wink that seems to say: "do you trust the taxman or you rather scape when he arrives?"

3.I am the Walrus. This one also has a part of the sense of humour in Taxman. I adore it. It´s in my list for sure.

4.She Loves You. But its german version. It´s so bizarre... I love it.

5.Yellow Submarine. I know people doesn´t give a damn about Ringo, but the way he sings this song is awesome. The sound is wonderful and it´s so idiosyncratic....

By the way he showed his aversion for "Ticket To Ride".

Mika, the lebanese/british singer has come to Madrid to promote his new album "TOOL", and he feels pleased to answer to one of our questions. Know that the Fab Four opened a door from where he himself slipped in through. So, after getting surprised by the fact that it´s already 50 years since "Love Me Do" was released, he explains step by step the reasons of his choices.

1.Blackbird. This is the deffinitive song about freedom. It talks about racism, in an abstract way so that it gets even more power. It talks about freedom but not in a politic-ish way.

2.Taxman. I like it cause it has that brutal realism from the North England, that sense of humour. The Beatles were the best creating fantasies based on real life. I love that wink that seems to say: "do you trust the taxman or you rather scape when he arrives?"

3.I am the Walrus. This one also has a part of the sense of humour in Taxman. I adore it. It´s in my list for sure.

4.She Loves You. But its german version. It´s so bizarre... I love it.

5.Yellow Submarine. I know people doesn´t give a damn about Ringo, but the way he sings this song is awesome. The sound is wonderful and it´s so idiosyncratic....

By the way he showed his aversion for "Ticket To Ride".

I love Blackbird :fangurl: and Taxman coz George Harrison :wub2: wrote it, but I expected "Here comes the sun" as one of his favourites because he sings a bit on "Instant Martyr"

Thanks for posting and translating:thumb_yello:

It's always interesting to read this type of articles. I remember a similar one about his favorite Queen tracks a few years ago.

Yellow Submarine is one of my fave Beatles songs too.