2013 - MIKA @ The Aladdin in PORTLAND, OR - 23 March - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

dcdeb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wombos: Ahh! That's so cool! I was trying to strike up conversation with everyone around me (besides the nasty brats to my right), but just incase we didn't share a few words, HELLO!! :D

I love being able to read these posts and hear the different perspectives! This really adds to the Mika experience times ten! I hope I never bumped into you. I did step on someone's toes a couple times, so if it was you, sorry!!:huglove:

Wombos: Ahh! That's so cool! I was trying to strike up conversation with everyone around me (besides the nasty brats to my right), but just incase we didn't share a few words, HELLO!! :D

I love being able to read these posts and hear the different perspectives! This really adds to the Mika experience times ten! I hope I never bumped into you. I did step on someone's toes a couple times, so if it was you, sorry!!:huglove:

Man I've been kicked, punched, elbowed in the face and shoved to the floor at concerts around here, the Mika concert was nothing. If you did bump into me I didn't notice. I know I bumped a few people around me, but that's what happens when you are dancing in a tight crowd.

I didn't really talk to very many people at the concert. I mainly kept to myself, but that's just the way I am. I was listening to the conversations around me though. I started out standing behind a blonde girl and her gay boyfriend but as the crowd danced and moved around I soon ended up between them. After a while the blonde girl tapped me on the shoulder and said she had a awesome spot but she wanted to be next to her friend so she offered to trade me spots. I said sure. I could see way better from her spot. From there I ended up getting pushed closer to stage until I ended up behind you. That was awesome! The people around me were just so nice. Loved it.

By the way, to everyone reading this, there are still a few promotional posters for the Portland show on eBay for like $10.

Man I've been kicked, punched, elbowed in the face and shoved to the floor at concerts around here, the Mika concert was nothing. If you did bump into me I didn't notice. I know I bumped a few people around me, but that's what happens when you are dancing in a tight crowd.

I didn't really talk to very many people at the concert. I mainly kept to myself, but that's just the way I am. I was listening to the conversations around me though. I started out standing behind a blonde girl and her gay boyfriend but as the crowd danced and moved around I soon ended up between them. After a while the blonde girl tapped me on the shoulder and said she had a awesome spot but she wanted to be next to her friend so she offered to trade me spots. I said sure. I could see way better from her spot. From there I ended up getting pushed closer to stage until I ended up behind you. That was awesome! The people around me were just so nice. Loved it.

By the way, to everyone reading this, there are still a few promotional posters for the Portland show on eBay for like $10.

Okay. :aah: I just wanted to clear that up. I know there was a group of people being really rude and kicking my knees out from under me to make me move, an I sure hope that didn't happen to you!

I wanted to talk to people around me to see if anyone as from MFC, but it never really came up. I did speak to someone after the gig who was from here, but we didn't realise we were fellow members until AFTER we met back here. XD

Oh really?? I may have to buy one for myself. :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay! So, I FINALLY got the rest of the higher quality videos on a laptop. All of them were filmed by my mother a few rows back, but still nice to have! I believe she recorded Billy Brown in 2 parts, Emily/Elle Me Dit (mostly just the guy that was dancing like mad), and Big Girl. I can post early next week!

Okay! So, I FINALLY got the rest of the higher quality videos on a laptop. All of them were filmed by my mother a few rows back, but still nice to have! I believe she recorded Billy Brown in 2 parts, Emily/Elle Me Dit (mostly just the guy that was dancing like mad), and Big Girl. I can post early next week!

AWESOME! Can't wait to see them!

Here's the link to Elle Me Dit/Emily! It's pretty short, but at least I got a little! Actually, my mother took this video, so it wasn't as close to the stage as I was, but that's probably better because you can see the whole act here. It's pretty late here, and long videos take forever, so I will have to upload the rest either tomorrow or the next day!

Our Billy Brown files were damaged in uploading from phone to computer, so those appear to be lost. :tears: Sorry! But we do have a (I think...) full length Big Girl video! Tomorrow, young ones! Xx

AAAANNNDDDD I think this is a link to SOME of the pictures. I have more that, once again, I will upload later! I have some more of the ending and the meeting after the concert that I will be working with tomorrow! XX

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/SaintMadilyn/library/

Edited by Micah

AAAANNNDDDD I think this is a link to SOME of the pictures. I have more that, once again, I will upload later! I have some more of the ending and the meeting after the concert that I will be working with tomorrow! XX

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/SaintMadilyn/library/

Thanks a lot for sharing !!! :flowers2:

I love these pics !! :teehee:

20130323_214923_zps6f399e2a.jpg

20130323_214821_zps6de28d83.jpg

20130323_214607_zps9dfbaac8.jpg

20130323_214602_zpsd5a6ea8c.jpg

Here's the link to Elle Me Dit/Emily! It's pretty short, but at least I got a little! Actually, my mother took this video, so it wasn't as close to the stage as I was, but that's probably better because you can see the whole act here. It's pretty late here, and long videos take forever, so I will have to upload the rest either tomorrow or the next day!

Our Billy Brown files were damaged in uploading from phone to computer, so those appear to be lost. :tears: Sorry! But we do have a (I think...) full length Big Girl video! Tomorrow, young ones! Xx

NICE VIDEO !! :mikadas:

can't wait for your Big Girl video !! Thanks a lot for sharing again. :huglove:

[YOUTUBE]MRBxsd-OAFk[/YOUTUBE]

Oh yeah! Totally! Sharing all of these is super fun these are all taken farther back in the standing room by my mother, but I almost think that's better. She was able to get some good angles. :)

That's great! I was telling my boyfriend about the guy dancing on stage, it was cool to finally get to show that to him. He laughed pretty hard.

I keep trying to find myself in the pictures and videos. I had brightly dyed hair for over ten years and I quit dying my hair a little over a year ago and let it all grow out. Having natural colored hair now makes me hard to spot, lol. Now I kinda wish I would have dyed it bright pink before the show so I would have stood out more.

Damn my shortness. I think I might have stopped me though. About 10 seconds into the video, slightly to the right of Mika, there is a taller girl with her hair in a bun jumping and in front of her there is a short girl with dark blonde hair. I believe that's me. There is a taller girl in front of her with redish hair. Looks like the girl I was standing behind for a while. I'm quite sure that short girl is me.

• 1 month later...

Sorry about never posting the Big Girl video. :sneaky2: The file is HUUUUUUGE and takes ages to upload, so I haven't found a good time to do it. I have finals and such this week, but after school gets out, I swear I will! I know it's not a big deal or anything, but you know. I kind of feel bad for saying I would upload it, then never doing it. :aah:

Anyways, I've managed to come into contact with a few of the people standing near me at the gig. :aah: Such a cool experience to be able to relive the night again and again!

• 5 years later...
  • silver changed the title to 2013 - MIKA @ The Aladdin in PORTLAND, OR - 23 March - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS