Hello from Amsterdam

Pascale

Thanks for your warm welcomes. I've just had a very boring day, sleeping and lying at the couch because I'm ill. But your messages and the last episode of the Voice France brightened up my day.

Good to speak to some Dutchies and Oldlings here.And most of all to Mika fans. None of my friends understand my fascination for Mika although they think it's rather cute that I'm suddenly sort of obsessed by a singer that I didn't know until recently. I don't understand it myself to be honest. :dunno::shocked:

So I just enjoy it and wonder what will happen.

I bought tickets for the festival in Rochefort. I must confess that I'm probably not such a hardcore fan that I''ll queue to get places in the front rows. But you never know. I hope I'll experience some of the excitement that you all write about.

love

Some of us are in the same situation so, no worry :wink2: I'm proud of that " obsession" :blush-anim-cl:

• 3 months later...

I just found the clip of the cover of Grace Kelly of the Dutch singer Simon. http://www.een.be/programmas/sing-that-song/simon-grace-kelly

No far as impressive as the original but not bad. I understand why the song got my attention so i started searching for it and for this singer Mika that i'd never heard of until then.

By the way, is there a thread for Mika covers or are we only going for the real stuff?

I just found the clip of the cover of Grace Kelly of the Dutch singer Simon. http://www.een.be/programmas/sing-that-song/simon-grace-kelly

No far as impressive as the original but not bad. I understand why the song got my attention so i started searching for it and for this singer Mika that i'd never heard of until then.

By the way, is there a thread for Mika covers or are we only going for the real stuff?

:shocked:

Okay that was interesting.... For everyone that doesn't know, this Simon is extremely well-known here as a duo with a guy named Nick and they usually sing Dutch songs :teehee:  I kept laughing at his "gotta be gween, gotta be mean", sorry :naughty:

But thank you for posting, I had never seen that before! His vocals are good, as it's such a hard song to sing!

• Like 1

Hi Pascale :welcomeani:

Happy to meet you! I like what you wrote about his music.

and I agree his music make our life more creatively and more nice to people!

Plus I want to learn French, Italian, English haha

Hi Pascale :welcomeani:

Happy to meet you! I like what you wrote about his music.

and I agree his music make our life more creatively and more nice to people!

Plus I want to learn French, Italian, English haha

Hi Nuri, thanks a lot. Welcome to you too. We're both relatively new members, so still trying to find our way in Mikaworld, aren't we?

I hope you enjoy yourself as much here as I do, then you'll have a lot of fun.

I'd like to learn Korean, Chinese and Japanese as well. But since Mika is not a judge in Asian X-factor (yet) i'll stick to the European languages for now.

• Like 2

Hi Nuri, thanks a lot. Welcome to you too. We're both relatively new members, so still trying to find our way in Mikaworld, aren't we?

I hope you enjoy yourself as much here as I do, then you'll have a lot of fun.

I'd like to learn Korean, Chinese and Japanese as well. But since Mika is not a judge in Asian X-factor (yet) i'll stick to the European languages for now.

Because of language barriers I struggled a few haha.

Thanks warming reply :)