Sheet music issues...

Hi everyone! Hopefully one of you can help me. I've recently purchased the piano books for LICM and BWKTM, only to find out that the sheet music has the vocals worked into the treble line (I may have cried just a little lol).

Would anyone know where to find music for the real part that Mika is playing; specifically for Blame It, Relax, My Interpretation, or Erase? I really wanted to learn these four, but the books only have the real chords for like four measures and then the vocals kick in. :/

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Hopefully one of you can help me. I've recently purchased the piano books for LICM and BWKTM, only to find out that the sheet music has the vocals worked into the treble line (I may have cried just a little lol).

Would anyone know where to find music for the real part that Mika is playing; specifically for Blame It, Relax, My Interpretation, or Erase? I really wanted to learn these four, but the books only have the real chords for like four measures and then the vocals kick in. :/

Thanks in advance!

I see your point. Unfortunately, it is really hard to find :( I got tired of finding only vocal parts, too. I watched his songs from Youtube, but it wasnt enough because everyone plays different or they make covers, which I dont want to play. I watch all videos, and mix them according to the original song. That's what I do. I couldn't find the entire sheet of Blame It On The Gırls, My Interpretation...just some parts of them... There is nothing to do :(

• 1 month later...

hey there!
I'm a pianist as well so I understand your frustration, unfortunately pop songs are rarely notated as "recorded" so fact of the matter is you're *not* gonna find any sheet music for what MIKA (or Greg, as he's usually playing on the recordings lol) actually play on the recordings.  Grace Kelly is popular enough that you may be able to find some sort of fan transcription but obviously thats gonna require searching on  your part.

When I want to play exactly what MIKA plays, I find it easier to listen to a live performance, especially one that's "stripped" as it's easier to heard each instrument and pick out what voicing are being used on the piano.

However, I don't know how well you play by ear, so if I were you, I would purchase or acquire the "official" sheet music, and then do your best to adjust whats printed to what you hear on the records.

And specifically for "Blame it on the Girls" the printed sheet music is actually relatively accurate regarding the piano portions; it's just notated a half step up iirc, so if you play it a half step lower you can get pretty close.

Relax, Take It Easy is primarily synthesizers and keyboards, so i mean the chords are basically "it" and the riffs are simple melodies, so they should be simple enough to deduce.

good luck!!