LiCM (Japanese Edition) – CD back cover doesn’t match track listing (Erase + Your Sympathy)

Hi everybody! I‘m not sure if this has been discussed before (if so, please direct me to the right forum thread, and I will delete this), but I’ve always wondered about the following: I own the version of LiCM that includes Erase and Your Sympathy (+ Ring Ring, and Over My Shoulder as the hidden track on Happy Ending), so the album has 13 tracks total (labeled "Japanese edition on Wikipedia). But as you can see on the back cover of that CD, Your Sympathy isn’t listed, although it‘s an actual track, not even a hidden one, number 12 to be exact! It comes right between Erase and Happy Ending. I’ve had this CD like forever, but never really noticed until recently. Does anybody know if it‘s a misprint or something? Does a correct back cover even exist? I just looked it up, but can’t seem to find it…

IMG_7337.jpeg

IMG_7338.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kreacher said:

looks like you have this one

MIKA – Life In Cartoon Motion (2007, Jewel Case, CD) - Discogs

hmm curious, it doesn't mention the fact the listing on the back is missing "Your Sympathy"

Oh yes, looks like that‘s the version I own! The back cover shown on that Discogs listing doesn’t include Your Sympathy either, how odd 🤔

9 hours ago, sarinaa said:

Hi everybody! I‘m not sure if this has been discussed before (if so, please direct me to the right forum thread, and I will delete this), but I’ve always wondered about the following: I own the version of LiCM that includes Erase and Your Sympathy (+ Ring Ring, and Over My Shoulder as the hidden track on Happy Ending), so the album has 13 tracks total (labeled "Japanese edition on Wikipedia). But as you can see on the back cover of that CD, Your Sympathy isn’t listed, although it‘s an actual track, not even a hidden one, number 12 to be exact! It comes right between Erase and Happy Ending. I’ve had this CD like forever, but never really noticed until recently. Does anybody know if it‘s a misprint or something? Does a correct back cover even exist? I just looked it up, but can’t seem to find it…

IMG_7337.jpeg

IMG_7338.jpeg

Could it be a hidden track? For the version of LICM I bought in France Over My Shoulder is the hidden track. It doesn't appear anywhere. The first time I heard it I thought it was playing only in my head and that I had gone mad :lmfao: I didn't know a singer could hide tracks in an album. I do now :thumb_yello: Mika is very naughty and he loves to surprise us :lmao:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Could it be a hidden track? 

It‘s actually not, 'cause it has its own track on the CD (track no. 12), so that Happy Ending (including Over My Shoulder as an actual hidden track) is track no. 13 instead of being the 12th track as it says on the back cover… I’m so confused hahaha :confused:

37 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

The first time I heard it I thought it was playing only in my head and that I had gone mad :lmfao:

That‘s hilarious and so could’ve happened to me 😂👍🏻 Robbie Williams did it on his first couple of albums with like 30 min in between the end of the actual track and the beginning of the hidden one. Whenever I forget that the album didn’t stop playing yet, I get a heart attack when he suddenly starts singing again :floor:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sarinaa said:

It‘s actually not, 'cause it has its own track on the CD (track no. 12), so that Happy Ending (including Over My Shoulder as an actual hidden track) is track no. 13 instead of being the 12th track as it says on the back cover… I’m so confused hahaha :confused:

That‘s hilarious and so could’ve happened to me 😂👍🏻 Robbie Williams did it on his first couple of albums with like 30 min in between the end of the actual track and the beginning of the hidden one. Whenever I forget that the album didn’t stop playing yet, I get a heart attack when he suddenly starts singing again :floor:

Same exact feeling :hi5:

:floor:

• Haha 1