2007 : Paul Smith Campaign

River

Paul Smith’s latest advertising campaign for SS07 stars musician "Mika" who hit the number one spot yesterday in the UK chart with his single "Grace Kelly".

The campaign continues on the theme from AW06 focusing on individuality with around 20 'real' people being shot by photographer Julian Broad early last year. These include Mika and a member of the band, All American Rejects amongst others.

The adverts are due to be featured in GQ, Vogue, and Elle amongst other publications worldwide.

post-115-142983647786_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
update

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Paul Smith, I always get Paul Smith when I shop in London. Now PS is only sold in Neiman's, Saks, Nordstrom (like Selfridge's and Harvey Nic's) and they only carried a small line but my mates bf (who works for Neima's) told me that they are ordering a lot of PS for the Spring line. And (this is my favorite cologne btw) they just started selling Paul Smith London for men and women! They NEVER did that before. But cool, way to go MIKA!

Manny

xoxo

• 15 years later...

https://www.thefashionisto.com/throwback-thursday-mika-paul-smith-campaign/

Mika for Paul Smith

For his spring/summer 2007 advertising campaign, designer Paul Smith connected with singer songwriter Mika.

A man of great style himself, the pairing was a perfect match with Mika easily filling the role of model and complementing Smith’s contemporary style.

mika-paul-smith-photo-e1397147753428.thumb.jpg.9139980616ca8435f0118e8158ac0fe0.jpg

The Sunday Times

Sunday, December 3, 2006

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/oh-mika-youre-so-fine-mjv33phb53f

Oh, Mika, you're so fine

Mika releases his first album of knowing agit-pop only in February, but on MySpace, there is a fever of expectation not witnessed since just before Lily Allen made it big. His on-stage charisma is such that comparisons are being made to Freddie Mercury.

Last year, he scooped record deals on both sides of the Atlantic, and he has just been chosen as the extremely pretty face of Paul Smith’s 2007 global ad campaign. In America, he has been picked up by Tommy Mottola, former mentor to Mariah Carey and one of the music industry’s most respected players.

“In greatness, he could achieve what Bowie or Robbie or Elton has achieved,” Mottola says. “He’s in the league of those gentlemen.” Indeed, there is something almost surreal...

• Like 1

• Kumazzz changed the title to 2007 : Paul Smith Campaign