Question About Age Limit....

lovelove_mika

For the march 29th show, (my tickets just came!:roftl: )

and, it says 16+, now, I'm 15 and this concert is 10days before my 16th birthday. Does anyone think they are going to ID?

I mean, I think its weird, I've never herd of IDing for 16 at a concert.

But I'd appreciate a reply, if i dont get in, I WILL KILL!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh gosh, what a coincidence, i'm talking about the same thing right now. it's not the concert, though, just a show...and they won't let me in!

i agree, it's completely pointless. at least make the age limit for the birth year of 1991- not just if you're 16 the day of the concert!

argh.

hope they let you in, though!!!!! they should.

I hope you get in, hopefully they won't ask for ID, and for you to be so close to your birthday, surely they wouldn't be that nasty.

I don't get this age restriction thing on his gigs. Last year I went to see the Scissor Sisters at 2 venues, Westpoint in Exeter (or as Jake called it the ranch house, I think it's used as a cattle auction building normally) and Wembley Arena, and at both venues there where children of about 10 there (they were with their parents) and a couple of year back at the Scissor Sisters gig at a local small venue near to where I live ther was a little boy of about 8 there with his dad.

Mika doesn't have anything in his lyrics that is any worse than Jake Shears does, so why do they insist on cutting out his younger fans of the pleasure of seeing him live, I don't think that it's fair. All his fans should be able to see him not just the adults.

This might sound silly, but, anyone could say there birthday is in 10 days, so the security guard isnt gunna by it. But since mine really is, do you thinking bringing my birth certificate,and having my parents bring me to the gate, will work?

I hope they won't be checking ID's. But I know somebody in NYC who wasn't let in to the club with age limit 21+, one day before his birthday!!! :thumbdown:

I'll be there March 29th also, and, luckily, we're all 16 (almost 17 for me!). I'm thinking if they ask for ID, just flash your learner's permit/driver's license or school ID, and hopefully the security person won't look at the date, just the year. And, if they look at your actual birth date, I doubt any person would be so cold hearted as to not let you in.

Honestly, though, I doubt you'll be checked for ID. I can't remember the last time they've asked for ID at a movie or show for me...I must have been 12! I don't think they'll care.

Good luck! See you at the show!!!! :biggrin2:

I'd stay away from bringing your birth certificate, it's too obvious.

Don't make a big deal out of it, flash your ID quickly if they ask to see it.

If they question you, explain that your birthday is in 10 days. Tell them that the show is an early birthday present. What type of monster would deprive someone of their sweet sixteenth birthday gift?? :wink2:

It'll be okay!

They are having a 18 years old age limit on the concert in Stockholm the 7th April, but that's maybe because they have a bar and sell alcohol there (the age limit of buying booze is 18 here), so I think they are pretty hard on checking ID's.

do you know what license the place has? If their entertainment license is 16+ then as harsh as it is they will protect their license as they could loose it if someone is admitted even a day before they are 16. If they have bouncers then im afraid to say i doubt you will get it, being honest. I'm 25 and my ID still gets checked, one bouncer tried to peel my driving license apart because he thought it was fake...

but seriously, i'd get your parents to ring up and explain the situation, see if it's a policy that can be got round or if it's a legal thing. They're more likely to listen to your parents than to an underage person trying to get in to be honest...

Was it explained on the advertisement it was 16+ or just when you got the tickets? if it wasnt on the advertisement you may get some compensation?

• 2 weeks later...
Some gigs are over 14 then some are over 16yrs & 18yrs !!

alot fit depends on the country and local venue rules.

i wish my 4 years old little sis could come but i'm afraid she can't hear anything after the gig :roftl: !! it's a pity though , since she loves mika !!