2 french interviews!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second video is in German, not French :)

He was drop dead gorgeous in the French interview :mf_lustslow:

Btw, if you click on 'more' in the German video, there's a translation :D

Okay, here is just the mika talking part:

The question was if he particularly liked cartoons…

“ I think it is just because I had a lot of problems at school, and I was spending a great deal of my youth just looking around and observing silently what happened there...

Yes I think I felt a little like being part of a cartoon.”

Then the interviewer mentions Mika’s origin, the hostage story of his father…and asks him about the impact of all that on Mika’s further life and how he keeps all those influences in balance…

Im not sure if I got that right but I think he said that what he got from the Lebanese side in his music is the way people react on difficult, dark and depressing situations; so he said when life gets too hard, they just jump on the table and have a party.

About Freddie Mercury: “I think he was unbelievable. Particularly his voice, the way he wrote his songs with such a powerful melodic intensity. I like the thought of creating pop and rock songs with a strong melodic tune.”

The last question is what he wished to happen now and he sais he would like to be on tour for a whole year.

I really hope I got it right

For the first one interview in french:

The new london sensation, Mika, shares his joy of life and his contagious energy with Joanne.

Joanne: Hello everyone, and welcome to Info Plus. Born in Beirut, singer Mika is on fire now a days with his new single Grace Kelly. He performed yesterday in Montreal, where i got the chance to talk to him about his expectations for his first album : Life in Cartoon Motion.

Joanne: About the title of your album... Do you really see your life as bit of a "cartoon/comic book"? Or are you the type of person who likes cartoons/comic books?

Mika: I had a lot of problems at school and I spent most of my Childhood quietly watching what was going on around me, and yeah i thought that most of the things going on around me were cartoonish. ( im not too sure about that last part.. maybe someone can fix it or something.)

Joanne: So, you were born in Beirut, but you had to move and alot of things happened in your life, like your dad being kidnapped during the first war in Iraq, so you moved to Paris, and then to London, how do you find equality in all of that, and how has your past influenced your music?

Mika: I think that its really Lebanese. When everything is dark, depressing and hard for you, we jump on tables, have a party put really loud music.

Mika: Ive had alot of comparaisons to Freddie, its been quite while actually. I think he was incredible.

Joanne: Is it his personality?

Mika: No, no, his voice, the way he wrote songs with such strong melody. I like the idea that we can write pop songs, or rock songs, and put such an amount of melody.

Joanne: What do you want to happen for you this year in 2007?

Mika: I wanna go on tour for one whole year.

Joanne: And what do you want to do after?

Mika: I wanna do tours, tours and more tours.

If theres anything wrong, just metion it and ill fix it. It might not be as acurate as i want it to, but i tried my best.

Okay, here is just the mika talking part:

The question was if he particularly liked cartoons…

“ I think it is just because I had a lot of problems at school, and I was spending a great deal of my youth just looking around and observing silently what happened there...

Yes I think I felt a little like being part of a cartoon.â€Â

Then the interviewer mentions Mika’s origin, the hostage story of his father…and asks him about the impact of all that on Mika’s further life and how he keeps all those influences in balance…

Im not sure if I got that right but I think he said that what he got from the Lebanese side in his music is the way people react on difficult, dark and depressing situations; so he said when life gets too hard, they just jump on the table and have a party.

About Freddie Mercury: “I think he was unbelievable. Particularly his voice, the way he wrote his songs with such a powerful melodic intensity. I like the thought of creating pop and rock songs with a strong melodic tune.â€Â

The last question is what he wished to happen now and he sais he would like to be on tour for a whole year.

I really hope I got it right

aw man, you beat me to it :P lol

First of all, THANK YOU FOR THE TRANSLATION, c'est super! hehe.

Joanne: So, you were born in Beirut, but you had to move and alot of things happened in your life, like your dad being kidnapped during the first war in Iraq, so you moved to Paris, and then to London, how do you find equality in all of that, and how has your past influenced your music?

"Iraq"?!!! The presenter was wrong, it isn't supposed to be Iraq, it's supposed to be Kuwait. I wonder why he didn't correct her through his answer.

He's right about the Lebanese thing though...no matter how terrible things are, they will see la vie en rose. I admire that about them, they won't let anything get them down. I just wish I picked that up...must've been diluted throughout the generations :P lol

Thanks again for the translation! :thumb_yello:

First of all, THANK YOU FOR THE TRANSLATION, c'est super! hehe.

"Iraq"?!!! The presenter was wrong, it isn't supposed to be Iraq, it's supposed to be Kuwait. I wonder why he didn't correct her through his answer.

He's right about the Lebanese thing though...no matter how terrible things are, they will see la vie en rose. I admire that about them, they won't let anything get them down. I just wish I picked that up...must've been diluted throughout the generations :P lol

Thanks again for the translation! :thumb_yello:

No problem , glad you liked it. =)