To the U.S People who love Mika

kjoshi

Do you think next time he comes back that he'll be too big and we won't get to meet him? Cause I just recently became a fan and missed him by a day when he was at New York and I've never seen him live or in person or anything. I was really hoping that when he came back I would get a chance to. What do you guys think??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where there's a will there's a way. If you're in NYC you should be able to track him down if you're persistent enough. If he's not doing any scheduled CD signings or whatever, try to catch him at a TV/radio station.

I know in Toronto he appeared on MuchMusic and MTV, plus people were able to meet him at the club. I heard him say he was playing some larger venues after this small club tour, but I would imagine it will just be larger clubs, not concert halls.

Even in the case of concert halls you can always hang out back if the artist is very fan friendly, which Mika certainly seems to be.

Where there's a will there's a way. If you're in NYC you should be able to track him down if you're persistent enough. If he's not doing any scheduled CD signings or whatever, try to catch him at a TV/radio station.

I know in Toronto he appeared on MuchMusic and MTV, plus people were able to meet him at the club. I heard him say he was playing some larger venues after this small club tour, but I would imagine it will just be larger clubs, not concert halls.

Even in the case of concert halls you can always hang out back if the artist is very fan friendly, which Mika certainly seems to be.

I really want to see him live again! Is it hard to track him down to meet him on a more personal level if you're younger? I'm 16 and I might be 17 when he comes to NY but they prolly wouldn't let 17 yr olds into most clubs in NYC. Maybe if I get my heels and thick eyeliner then maybe =p

I hope that we're still able to meet him!!!! I found out about the LA show when the tickets were already sold out!!! I hope that he isnt that big when he comes back though, but I still want to to be big, just still be able to meet fans, because I have to meet him!!!:shocked::wub2:

ThatPinkSock, I don't know about clubs in NY, but the Toronto show was all ages. I went to see Paolo Nutini in the same club 2 weeks before and it was drinking age only, so I'm guessing that the artist has some influence over this and Mika encourages all ages shows.

I also saw Lily Allen at an all-ages show in a larger club last week. The bar is at the back of the club, so they check ID before you can go into that section, but young people were free to go up to the front of the stage.

ThatPinkSock, I don't know about clubs in NY, but the Toronto show was all ages. I went to see Paolo Nutini in the same club 2 weeks before and it was drinking age only, so I'm guessing that the artist has some influence over this and Mika encourages all ages shows.

I also saw Lily Allen at an all-ages show in a larger club last week. The bar is at the back of the club, so they check ID before you can go into that section, but young people were free to go up to the front of the stage.

Thanks!! You've given me mika hope =] Have you ever met Mika at a club?

Thanks!! You've given me mika hope =] Have you ever met Mika at a club?

No I didn't meet him. I feel like I'm too old to chase after pop stars ;)

I used to work for a record company when I was your age so I've been to a few parties, backstage, etc. but I think I'd feel kind of silly now unless it was part of my job.

I'm also ashamed to admit I wasn't even that excited to see Mika. I had been desperate for Paolo Nutini to come here and play a small club since last summer and because the show was 2 weeks before I was hyped up about that.

But when Mika came on stage though I was blown away. I studied him for at least 5 minutes trying to be sure he wasn't lip synching. I mean, I didn't really believe he was, of course, because why would he when he can sing like that? But his voice was incredible and I just couldn't believe it was coming out of his mouth and not a recording.

I have seen solo opera singers perform at the Royal Albert Hall, but to hear someone project like that in a small club of 500 people was extraordinary. The band was quite loud but during some of his piano and acoustic songs, he could have easily sung without a microphone and everyone would have been able to hear it.

I'm a fan for life now and I can't wait until he comes back.

Christine,

No one will ever be too old for Mika!!!!! He said he wants to have fans of all ages.

And that job you had at a record company sounds amazing and glamorous. I worked at a vet where I cleaned up dog crap.

And I agree with you 100% on that bit about his flawless voice. It's perfection.

Oh sorry you have to clean up dog crap! The record company job was fun. Not just because of the parties and meeting musicians, but the people who worked in the industry were creative and smart. They were also able to get me into the clubs when I was only 17, which was great because I looked even younger and couldn't sneak in on my own.

I don't feel too old to be a fan, I just won't be stalking him on the streets, that's all. :naughty:

I used to live in Mika's neighbourhood, so who knows? Maybe I saw him and didn't even know it!

Yeah dog crap kinda sucks the fun out of one's day. I don't work there anymore thank god.

Thatd be really cool if you saw him but you probably would have remembered because he seems to have this heavenly glow wherever he is =] Its kinda weird to think about people who knew him before he was famous, like the kids in school who used to bully him. I wonder what they think now-a-days since tons of people adore him.

Oh sorry you have to clean up dog crap! The record company job was fun. Not just because of the parties and meeting musicians, but the people who worked in the industry were creative and smart. They were also able to get me into the clubs when I was only 17, which was great because I looked even younger and couldn't sneak in on my own.

I don't feel too old to be a fan, I just won't be stalking him on the streets, that's all. :naughty:

I used to live in Mika's neighbourhood, so who knows? Maybe I saw him and didn't even know it!

thats so cool i would love to work at a record company when im 17(which will hopefully be before mikas us tour)

Yes if it was fairly recently I think I might have noticed him, because men in England are generally shorter (not to mention balder and fatter). But this was around 1999 so he probably wasn't even full grown.

I've been thinking about the bullying too since I read an article earlier and it's hard to imagine. I remember a child that was bullied when I was in 6th grade but he was truly odd. In retrospect I think he had some sort of autism because his social skills were so off and he didn't seem to understand how to interact and respond to people and didn't make eye contact.

I could see Mika getting teased by some boys because they didn't like his pants or something stupid, but I'm really surprised he didn't have a lot of friends (especially girls) to create a buffer against being harassed day in and day out.

I think it's amazing that he's managed to stay true to himself and doesn't let anyone bully him - not even the music industry. And the best part is, it's all working out for him. I think it's that individuality that really appeals to people.

Yes if it was fairly recently I think I might have noticed him, because men in England are generally shorter (not to mention balder and fatter). But this was around 1999 so he probably wasn't even full grown.

I've been thinking about the bullying too since I read an article earlier and it's hard to imagine. I remember a child that was bullied when I was in 6th grade but he was truly odd. In retrospect I think he had some sort of autism because his social skills were so off and he didn't seem to understand how to interact and respond to people and didn't make eye contact.

I could see Mika getting teased by some boys because they didn't like his pants or something stupid, but I'm really surprised he didn't have a lot of friends (especially girls) to create a buffer against being harassed day in and day out.

I think it's amazing that he's managed to stay true to himself and doesn't let anyone bully him - not even the music industry. And the best part is, it's all working out for him. I think it's that individuality that really appeals to people.

aw i work with kids with autism and i hate when people stare and make fun of them i hate bullying, no one deserves to be made fun of because they do different things or like different things

aw i work with kids with autism and i hate when people stare and make fun of them i hate bullying, no one deserves to be made fun of because they do different things or like different things

Yeah, you're right. 11 year olds are really mean in a pack and they want everyone to conform.

yeah my brothers 11 and oh my god the kids in his grade are so mean! they dont accept people who are different hes a boy so its not as bad but theres one girl in his grade who hates everyone cause they arent like her

i whow did you get the job?

I was really mouthy and difficult and pretty much got myself kicked out of high school and into a program for kids like me. They taught us in the morning and sent us to work at an internship in the afternoon. I said I liked music and they couldn't get me into a record store in the local mall so somehow they got me into an actual record company which is pretty unbelievable now that I think about it :naughty:

Anyway when the school year was over the record company offered me a paying job so I worked there for about 2 years and then got another job at a smaller label.

Eventually I went into university as a mature student to make up for all the goofing around.

After university I moved to Vancouver and worked for the top booking agent in Canada who is also partners with Bryan Adams's manager. I didn't have the same kind of access as I did at the record company, but they basically book for every act in Canada so it was easy to get concert tickets.

Anyway I've got a boring job at a software company now but if you can get into the entertainment industry when you're young it's a whole lot of fun! The pay is terrible but the perks are awesome.

Thats so cool. lol Theres probably offices for record companies in the city which isnt a horrioble commute but i doubt they would hire someone like me, being im still 16 and i do play in the school bad but i dont think thats enough plus i dont have time for a job in the city. Sounds like you had fun though.

Yeah! Musta been crazy fun! When you're young it's probably more about the perks anyways. I hope I can get an internship at a news station when I'm in college (I'm prolly majoring in meteorology) then move my way up to the top as a weather girl. Then Mika will realize he loves weather girls.. so basically you're all invited to my wedding.

yes, I'm going to school but it would be soo amazing to work for a record company. XD *sigh* I must resign myself to waiting though.

I definitely agree that it'd be really fun to work for a record company! i'm going to try and experiment with that prospect when i'm in college.. :cool: it just sounds like such an exciting job!