tell us a tidbit about your culture.

raha!

I'm from Connecticut and not everyone here is well-off, but it's very New-England, beach-ish here. We go to the beach whenever its nice out and I think some people here have sticks up their asses here! People don't really acknowledge eachother in New England. Like when you walk by somebody, people put their heads down and it's like weird if you smile or wave (unless you know them really well). It's sort of just a rush here, people kind of hide their emotions a lot and it's awkward if you show how you feel, often. People are very timely, too.

Not that I totally hate it here!

But my family's from Armenia. We make Armenian food from time to time and on the holidays, like stuffed grape leaves, cheese borachs (like calzones), and Lemahgenes (like meat pizzas with lemons squeezed ove them- super good), Kibbe (meatballs), and guyas (cookies). YUM.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I'm from Portugal!

My opinion is suspect, of couse, but I guess we have a very interesting culture. We all love the sea 'cause it is related to the history of our country (we discovered Brazil, for eg.) and we love to party (as everybody!).

Wen you meet a Portuguese, the first thing he'll do is, probably, take you somewhere to eat (God, how we love to eat) or to drink a beer.

And don't know what to say...

We are very friendly, so if you wanna know something more... just ask!:D

CIAO!!!

I'm from ITALY...what can I say about my country?

I love Italy, because it has a great history and I love history!!! Anyway you go you can find something historical (I live in a little little city near Milan and we have ancient palaces and a Church built in 1200 and rebuilt in 1500...etc).

Of course we love to party every-time and every-where (sometimes we have alcoholic party in uny too ahahah) and use to go out on Saturday (I think that in other countries it's on friday...)

Italian people is very coloured and characteristic...in particolar in the South, but not all of us is kind and funny, of course...

Two Italian things are famous all over the world: our COOKING and FOOTBALL!!!

Yes, in Italy one of the most important thing is to eat and we are very critics...in particular about pasta, pizza and coffee...Cooking is an art for us :bleh:

About football... well, we are World Champion and football has a so great influence on us that, after our winning, people has been kindier and friendly for a pair of weeks :shocked:

We are famous for our F1 team FERRARI too, which I loved when Michael Schumacher was still driving...

I could write pages, but I don't want to annoy you anymore...anyway, to sum up, COME FIND ME IN ITALY!!! :wink2:

my brother adores schumacher... :P

pity my parents have been to italy but i haven't :(...it seems like such a beautiful place!

Well, I'm from Portugal!

My opinion is suspect, of couse, but I guess we have a very interesting culture. We all love the sea 'cause it is related to the history of our country (we discovered Brazil, for eg.) and we love to party (as everybody!).

Wen you meet a Portuguese, the first thing he'll do is, probably, take you somewhere to eat (God, how we love to eat) or to drink a beer.

And don't know what to say...

We are very friendly, so if you wanna know something more... just ask!:D

I went to Lisbon last summer. It was great:biggrin2:

Well I Was Born In North Dakota, USA. And Then I Moved To Denver, CO, USA. And I've Learned Alot Since Then. My Culture Here In America? I Don't Know. Me Myself? I'm Musically Inclined, And I Also Act.

So Ja.

Schock:thumb_yello:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Me too, but don't you find that if you treat people as you would like to be treated that works?

When I went to the Czech Republic (where are all the Czech fans by the way?) I was told by quite a few people that the Czechs were rude and unfriendly, but I did not find that at all, they were very helpful and welcoming, I think a lot has to do with your own attitude. :)

Here :lmao:

After almost one year, we are here :biggrin2: