i actually didn't even know who mika was then :biggrin2:

i only heard of him last may/june at a year end show

at my son's school.

my son was playing the base in a band.

a girl sang grace kelly and i thought wow.. nice song

but i didn't realise until i came back home and my son

made me listen to the song that the original was sung

by a man! and the rest is history lol

Nice way to discover Mika! A few of us saw him when he came to Montreal and Toronto in March. I was there but joined the forum only in may.

I hadn't heard that one before - thank you! Some of his answers are the same ones he's said over and over, but he does sound quite happy, and more candid than some recent ones.

And I think he really does have a soft spot for Montreal. It's kinda sweet, really. :wub2:

Calling all Montrealers!

So my fiance and I were talking, and he said that he'd rather not go to a gig in Montreal because, quote, "Montreal smells bad. The whole city smells like murky water." He was there once, in July '03. :blush-anim-cl:

(Please don't throw vegetables at him; he really is a nice person! :thumb_yello: )

Can anyone confirm/deny this claim? I've never heard of Montreal smelling bad...:blink: In fact, most people rave about Montreal - Mika included!

Calling all Montrealers!

So my fiance and I were talking, and he said that he'd rather not go to a gig in Montreal because, quote, "Montreal smells bad. The whole city smells like murky water." He was there once, in July '03. :blush-anim-cl:

(Please don't throw vegetables at him; he really is a nice person! :thumb_yello: )

Can anyone confirm/deny this claim? I've never heard of Montreal smelling bad...:blink: In fact, most people rave about Montreal - Mika included!

Nope...Montreal is lovely, and I didn't notice a smell. It may have been because it was -5 and therefore anything not covered up was frozen, i.e, my nose.

Paris, on the other hand, smells like a charming blend of cigarette smoke, car exhaust, human sweat, and piss.

Calling all Montrealers!

Montreal smells very good! :thumb_yello:

I prefer warmer temps and that's the truth..I love Montreal indeed

but would rather go in the summer! (will locate my fellow Canadians and give you guys a telephone call).However..as I said....its better for my pocket book etc if I go to California. Ritchie's sister lives there and she will pick me us up.

and I know the place because I have been there three times ...so if anyone wants to join me there! just let me know!

Good point about the "too-cold-to-smell" aspect.

How cold does Montreal get, btw? January in Calgary has been known to be around -25C some days.

It's making California/Florida look more and more appealing...

well ,,,,join me in California then!

well ,,,,join me in California then!

I have to go to California in January/February anyway to book vendors for my San Diego wedding - so if he plays in California any time in those months, I'll be there. :thumb_yello:

Hmm, wouldn't it be nice if he played San Diego, LA and San Francisco? I wouldn't mind chasing that boy all the way up the Golden State!

New York/Montreal are also tempting, both because I've never been there and it sounds like there might be many fellow MFCers to share the craziness with.

Hmm, wouldn't it be nice if he played San Diego, LA and San Francisco? I wouldn't mind chasing that boy all the way up the Golden State!

That's a pretty likely scenario...at least LA and San Fran. He said after Christmas so it's going to be sooner rather than later.

Calling all Montrealers!

Montreal don't usually smell bad. But during summer when it's really hot and humid and a garbage day it may smell. But in winter it won't smell :thumb_yello:

Calling all Montrealers!

hahaha :roftl:

i'm from montreal and nooooooooo it doesn't smell bad at all!

i don't find it has a particular smell.

:bleh:

my tummy's making weird rumbling noises.

Toronto...now that's a smell.

You need breakfast.

Toronto is smelly.

I am going to drive now in on the icy, snow (first ice storm of the season).

That's friggin' Canada for ya...(couldn't this have happened next week, while I'm gone....nooooo) :thumbdown: