• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ok...sinon l'aéroport de Nice c'est vraiment une salle d'attente géante, ok comme ts les aéroports mais celui là je le trouve très très particulier... ok so i hope someone will tell me about the cedar trees and thanx again 4 everythg!!

The Cedar trees, i think are the most beautiful trees that ever lived on this earth. For most of the Lebanese those trees are sacred.

Unfortunatly we do not find a lot of cedars in Lebanon any more. The bigest cedars forest is in a region called SHOUF. The cedars there represent 25% of the remaining cedars in Lebanon.

Tell us a little more about you... Where are you from? Where do you live? Why do you like Lebanon?

Hiii! I'm Lucy, from the mexican thread ;)

I just wanted to say HIIII to all of u, mikadicts from Lebanon!! :punk:

I'm 25% lebanese, and very proud :D there are lots of lebaneses in my city actually :blink:

Anyway, cheers to all of u!! hopefully one day I'll be in Lebanon :wub2: visiting my family and YOU :D

cheers from Mexico and my lil lebanese community ;)

I'm hoping and praying that things calm down in lebanon so tht mika would be willing to do a show there haha... I was at music hall (is that what its called?)last summer and they had to have played every one of his singles lol...

My family is moving there soon we've got an apartment and stuff so I'm gonna be going back and forth between Toronto and Beirut and nothin would beat seeing mika play live in beirut!

I'm hoping and praying that things calm down in lebanon so tht mika would be willing to do a show there haha... I was at music hall (is that what its called?)last summer and they had to have played every one of his singles lol...

My family is moving there soon we've got an apartment and stuff so I'm gonna be going back and forth between Toronto and Beirut and nothin would beat seeing mika play live in beirut!

Oh, good luck moving and setling down and all, are you excited?

Tell me what Beirut is like, I would love to know and go someday ;)

Hello everyone :)

Looks a nice friendly thread to join :)

My husband is Lebanese andwe have 2 kiddies, we go to Lebanon most summers as we have a flat there and lots of family,we live in Nabatieh,in the South. Last summer Mika wasn't heard of much there,but that mght have been different in Beirut,we didn't get to Beirut that time as it was just sooooo hot! I do love Lebanon just wish it would settle down a bit and wish the electricity supply was better! We had AC ftted in our bedrooms and couldn't use it much last year because of the electrcity rationing, I was sooo frustrated! We are currently looking for flights ready for this summer althought I won't be going for as long this time as after about 3- weeks I always get very ill :(

OK I'm off to cook some Mograbieh and Mahallibeyeh ready for dinner,anyone want some :D

haha here we are!!!

je sais pas comment je dois prendre ça??!!! je cherche un smiley qui convienne ms je ne le trouve pas!!

Freedom is a very important subject for me, moreover in Lebanon, but i'm not a politician (not yet....maybe one day ....who knows....you will find me in the ministry of transports )

but we can make it all change together, and i'm sure a lot of things are gonna change there and it will be because of all of us!!

well done for your searchs!!! i totally agree with you, you pointed out really good the problem!!

but i desagree on the pourcentage it's impossible, in my opinion, to give numbers, things have changed a lot since 2005.

about Nice, i didnt talk about an hospital, i talked about the airport!!!

you're tooo obsessed with your studies!! SCARY

but it's good

and i know you're not from nice but from Menton, isn't it?

but you are studying in nice, si j'ai bien compris...

mdr oui j'ai réalisé que j'avais fait une betise mais c'était déja trop tard je doit etre vraiment obsédé j'ai mes partiels fin fevrier :blush-anim-cl: and yes i live in menton the city of citrus but im mooving to Nice this summer in order to gain more time and to be near the hospital :naughty: as for the airport of Nice i dunno why but i don't like it :blink: btw i love Vienna's airport :naughty: *retourne bosser son hémato clinique lol*

Ahhh and welcome to the new lebs !! this thread is yours :thumb_yello:

Oh, good luck moving and setling down and all, are you excited?

Tell me what Beirut is like, I would love to know and go someday ;)

to be honest ive only been to lebanon once as im not lebanese... we went to visit my uncle beirut over the summer and my mom and sister fell in love with it and bought a place there ... im staying in toronto i'll just be going back and forth for vacations i guess ... its gorgeous there and people seriously know how to party ... ive never come across such an outgoing population of people ..

i was hoping someone here could tell me about beirut ... where to go to party anddd if they know anything about an area called rabia ... is it in beirut or is it a suburb etc

to be honest ive only been to lebanon once as im not lebanese... we went to visit my uncle beirut over the summer and my mom and sister fell in love with it and bought a place there ... im staying in toronto i'll just be going back and forth for vacations i guess ... its gorgeous there and people seriously know how to party ... ive never come across such an outgoing population of people ..

i was hoping someone here could tell me about beirut ... where to go to party anddd if they know anything about an area called rabia ... is it in beirut or is it a suburb etc

Rabieh is located around 10 km from Beirut and it's a very beautiful (and luxurious ) city. You have an excellent view of beirut and the mediterranean sea from there , the greatest lebanese diva of all time Feiruz have a house there :wink2:

Hello everyone :)

Looks a nice friendly thread to join :)

My husband is Lebanese andwe have 2 kiddies, we go to Lebanon most summers as we have a flat there and lots of family,we live in Nabatieh,in the South. Last summer Mika wasn't heard of much there,but that mght have been different in Beirut,we didn't get to Beirut that time as it was just sooooo hot! I do love Lebanon just wish it would settle down a bit and wish the electricity supply was better! We had AC ftted in our bedrooms and couldn't use it much last year because of the electrcity rationing, I was sooo frustrated! We are currently looking for flights ready for this summer althought I won't be going for as long this time as after about 3- weeks I always get very ill :(

OK I'm off to cook some Mograbieh and Mahallibeyeh ready for dinner,anyone want some :D

MOGHRABYE AND MHALABYE!!!!!!!!!!!!11:shocked: Ohhhhhh my GOD, my favourite

Just came back from school... don't know what to eat.. could you please send me some?????

So where do you live?

Unfortunatly we do not find a lot of cedars in Lebanon any more. The bigest cedars forest is in a region called SHOUF. The cedars there represent 25% of the remaining cedars in Lebanon.

Why do you like Lebanon?

OK, now i know that if i ever go there i have to go to SHOUF...

At first I was attracted by the name...then i discovered the cooking and then the cedars etc. I have that idea in my mind that the colors must be great there, the daylight etc and i love colors... thats' why I had planned to go there two or three years ago and finally didnt because of everything that was happening there...but maybe I'm totally wrong , maybe i would be disappointed, it's just a mental image that i have, nothing much really...so I will go to SHOUF someday hopefully ;) to stare at cedars for hours...

OK, now i know that if i ever go there i have to go to SHOUF...

At first I was attracted by the name...then i discovered the cooking and then the cedars etc. I have that idea in my mind that the colors must be great there, the daylight etc and i love colors... thats' why I had planned to go there two or three years ago and finally didnt because of everything that was happening there...but maybe I'm totally wrong , maybe i would be disappointed, it's just a mental image that i have, nothing much really...so I will go to SHOUF someday hopefully ;) to stare at cedars for hours...

Trust me you won't be dissapointed.. you won't only see multiple colors and contrasts, but you will also smell cedar trees over there.. trust me it's wonderfull.. you'll just feel like you are not on this earth.

Here ya go Christy, can you catch :D

I live in Doncaster, UK

OHHHH YEAAAAAA.......... YUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

it's sooooooo gooddddddd... You live in doncaster huhh? when can i come and visit you???:naughty:

Did you see Mika in concert? do you like him?

Hii everyone!!!

i'm very happy to read so many posts here after a long and tired day spent in Paris:wub2:

i bring some Baklawa with me, couldnt help they are yummy!

Do we all speak French in Lebanon?

Or just lots of out little Mikamunity?

yes or at least the understand...people are either english educated or french educated....but very often they speak 3 langages.

good luck!! hope everything will be ok in Lebanon soon and for you!

i'd like to se him live especially in Lebanon, i'd like to believe it would be something very special....

Menton is very beautiful, i've spent once my summer holidays there, the beach is great, avec pleins de galets et le maitre nageur était :mf_lustslow:

(en plus il y avait un coin magnifique avec une super belle vue sur toute la côte:wub2: ) and in a few minutes you are in Italy and in San Remo!!!

But i definatly prefer the french riviera!!!!!

Hii everyone!!!

i'm very happy to read so many posts here after a long and tired day spent in Paris:wub2:

Why everybody is talking about food, GOOD LEBANESE FOOD????

I'm on a diet and i'm starving!!! Tomorrow i'll buy some... Tu m'as trooo donne envie:naughty:

Oh, we have a habit of getting on week-long conversations about food in this thread.:roftl:

Although, I'm getting sick of Kefte. We haven't had it in a while and my Dad keeps forgetting this certain part of the recipe... He's continually trying it over and over again until he gets it right. Ahhhh.

Hii everyone!!!

yes or at least the understand...people are either english educated or french educated....but very often they speak 3 langages.

good luck!! hope everything will be ok in Lebanon soon and for you!

i'd like to se him live especially in Lebanon, i'd like to believe it would be something very special....

Menton is very beautiful, i've spent once my summer holidays there, the beach is great, avec pleins de galets et le maitre nageur était :mf_lustslow:

(en plus il y avait un coin magnifique avec une super belle vue sur toute la côte:wub2: ) and in a few minutes you are in Italy and in San Remo!!!

But i definatly prefer the french riviera!!!!!

Hmm.

I'm learning French now and my teacher said at the end of the course we'd be able to get by in France with basic things.

I've done two tearms on French and it's my fave subject!

Maybe I can practice my french here?

Oh, we have a habit of getting on week-long conversations about food in this thread.

Although, I'm getting sick of Kefte. We haven't had it in a while and my Dad keeps forgetting this certain part of the recipe... He's continually trying it over and over again until he gets it right. Ahhhh.

oh my dear!!!:boxed:

maybe you should help him:mf_rosetinted: see who's talking:naughty:

Hmm.

I'm learning French now and my teacher said at the end of the course we'd be able to get by in France with basic things.

I've done two tearms on French and it's my fave subject!

Maybe I can practice my french here?

of course you can!!!

there's a french thread too if u'd like, but here it's funnier we can peak 3 langages in the same time!!!

brrrrr that looks cold!!

Wonder if they have had snow in the south, I'll have to ring tonight :)

Don't the Lebanese always talk about food?!!! I'm making Lubia (french bean stew) and rice today :)

hmmmm loubié, i love loubié b zet!!

haha yeh we always end up talking about food:roftl:

Haha .. I'm craving Lebanese now .. I live opposite a Lebanese restaurant (I can see it from my window) and the guy there knows me so well now!

Nice photos by the way

i would love to live next to a leb restaurant!!!!

as i'm a very very very bad cooker!!!

bi sir bado ykashné men 3ando!!!:roftl:

OMG guys, just got back home from a longgggggg day, I'm starving and you are all talking about food:roftl:

I sooo miss lebanese food, i'm a very very bad cooker and don't have lebanese restaurants around...

I finally ordered sushi to eat tonight... anyone cares to join me??