Hi guys!!

I've always dream of being to Lebanon ^^

Well, my great grand father was lebanese... is it something? LOL

Cheers

Then this thread is yours hun' :wub2: Welcome home !!!! ahla w sahla :roftl: this thread is for anyone related to Lebanon either by origins , ancestry , culture , friendship anything !!! I think Mika would be proud to see how we're keeping the Lebanese thread active XD

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!!

I've always dream of being to Lebanon ^^

Well, my great grand father was lebanese... is it something? LOL

Cheers

of course it counts:biggrin2:

Welcome on the Lebanese Thread!!

about earthquakes & snowstorms.....it's quite unbelievable what's happening there.....

i've seen it on tv.... i was :shocked:, poor journalists they were freezing...last time i was in Lebanon, it was 10 degrees celsius and it was very cold....and i'm used to negative degrees in France....I cant imagine how freezing it must be now!!!

What a strange world...really!

take care all, especially people in Lebanon!!!

:shocked:

i'm still under shock right now!!!!!!!!:shocked:

my mum just told me that.......in the leb starac .....they are singing mika's song!!!

she suspects he could come tommorrow on the show:shocked:

they havent announced yet who are the guests for this week!!!:shocked:

i can hear them singing LOllipop!!!!!

could it be possible??? :blink:

:shocked:

i'm still under shock right now!!!!!!!!:shocked:

my mum just told me that.......in the leb starac .....they are singing mika's song!!!

she suspects he could come tommorrow on the show:shocked:

they havent announced yet who are the guests for this week!!!:shocked:

i can hear them singing LOllipop!!!!!

could it be possible??? :blink:

I think it could be possible yeah...as I said before i have a friend (in leb) whose mum is a friend of the headmistress of the star academy and he told me that she told his mum that they might receive Mika !!! but i still doubt it...

But please please Lebangel try to watch the prime and to record it just in case you know...I think if he ever goes he'll do it by suprise that's what Shakira did years ago and it makes sense in these troubled times there....

Keep us in touch about anything mika-related there please ! :wink2:

not sure if i ever said hi here...

but as someone from Israel... i should!

hello :)

wish all israeli and lebanese ppl could be friends... :wink2:

hii Sivan!

Welcome here!!

yes really...i wish there's more open minded and respectful people & one day we could find a peace in the Middle East...i hope & i pray it will coming soon!

i think that everybody: israeli, lebanese, syrian...etc...people are fed up with this & just want to live their life without any fear...

dont hesite to say hi whenever you want:thumb_yello:

I think it could be possible yeah...as I said before i have a friend (in leb) whose mum is a friend of the headmistress of the star academy and he told me that she told his mum that they might receive Mika !!! but i still doubt it...

But please please Lebangel try to watch the prime and to record it just in case you know...I think if he ever goes he'll do it by suprise that's what Shakira did years ago and it makes sense in these troubled times there....

Keep us in touch about anything mika-related there please !

of course i will if i'd get any info....i cant garantee i'm gonna watch them all day long:blink:

i cant stand them!

i'll ask my mum to make me a sum up of the day...well actually i dont think i will have to coz for everything related to mika she tells me immediatly! she is a real fan:roftl:

Mika, if one day you'd have to meet my mum........RUN!!!!! RUN as fast as you can!!:roftl:

Anyway, maybe it would be a surprise, moreover he's got nothing planned for ths week end & Lolllipop is the easiest song in the album...+ another one... but wich one & who's abble to sing with him:blink:

i didnt know for Shakira!!! do you remember with whom she sang?

not sure if i ever said hi here...

but as someone from Israel... i should!

hello :)

wish all israeli and lebanese ppl could be friends... :wink2:

Welcome Sivan !! :huglove: you're not my first israeli friend you know :wink2: one of my best friends in the university is jewish and she keeps telling me about her summers in Ashdod :wink2: the lebanese and jewish community in france are close here . As for peace...we're still waiting...hope it'll happen one day cuz honestly one of my dreams is to visit Jerusalem or Cepharnaum (where my mum's family was in 1690 and i was surprised to see it on the family tree at my granny's house lol )

By the way does the name Sivan stands for ''June''(the month) ??

i didnt know for Shakira!!! do you remember with whom she sang?

:roftl: no no lol Shakira didn't sing in the star academy !!! She just wanted to visit her country of origin and went by surprise but all the media were tipped off lol and her visit ended extremely mediatised she even went to Zahlé to take a look at her grand parent's house :naughty:

....Jerusalem beautiful:wub2: i've seen it lately on tv.....

actually all the mediteranean lands are wonderful, amazing....this part of the world is unique...(not saying that coz i'm leb, it's the truth:mf_rosetinted: )

oh Shakira... i've misunderstood you:naughty: i remember having watched her interview...that reminds me mariah carey & mohamed 3attieh :lmao::roftl:

ok i'm watching star academy:cool:

nothing yet.

dont think there's anyhing to come.

but the leb guy, Saad, & the jordanian, Mohamad have great voice really:thumb_yello:

people from saad's village came from the jnoub (south lebanon) to the studio & they had a party in front of it, kind of zafé, with tablé, mazamir, everything...

I LOVE LEBANON!!!!!:mf_lustslow:

The Lebanese Star Academy sounds cool ;)

I'm not into the French one too much ..

Do you live in Lebanon then? Or just have the channels?

neither me, didnt watch this year too..

for the leb one, i wasnt watching till today, & i'm very surprised coz they are not bad at all...actually i really like those 2, st très très forts....& tonight the stage is on fire:naughty: they're singing the biggest leb songs....

if i found any link i'll post it here.

and for the b!tch thing....cant remember:blink:

use the french word:roftl:

Well that wouldn't work cos I'm in France now ;)

The swearing at teachers in another language was funny at uni .. until I did it a few times in the teacher's OWN language!! Hahaha It's easy to fall into a false sense of security that no-one will ever understand you!!

The link would be greatly appreciated .. would love to see it ..

hahaha :roftl: it happened with me several times !!! when i was in lebanon i was in a lycée francais (like mika :wink2: ) and I was studying italian as an LV3 and the teacher was italian and we were only 10 people in the class because others were doing another language and i had the idea before one of the exams to write all the grammar course IN ARABIC on the board :naughty: and the teacher thought we had an arabic class before her and didn't realise anything ! you know it was a stuff like Io parlo/ tu parli / lui parla / noi parliamo / voi parlate / loro parlono and all that was written in arabic :naughty:

:naughty: :naughty: shuuuuuuush it's ''SHARMOOTA'' :naughty: Lebangel how could you forget it ? :shocked: i mean it is a common swear in lebanese !!

yeh i know i'm unforgivable :naughty:

I swear often in lebanese while driving.....most of the time it's after men....so...

otherwise i use loveable & adorable animal's name for the others...:naughty:

i like speaking in lebanese....no one understand, but it's not good at all when i'm in lebanon...use to forget...so....i might be VERY honest with people:naughty:

yeh i know i'm unforgivable :naughty:

I swear often in lebanese while driving.....most of the time it's after men....so...

otherwise i use loveable & adorable animal's name for the others...:naughty:

Is it something involving Cows and Donkeys ?? :naughty: no actualy i forgot swearing in lebanese i dunno why perhaps because i feel lebanese swears ARE something like a swear whereas french swears aren't...dunno i mean everybody says ''putain'' even for nothing in french :boxed:

And you swear while driving ??!! :roftl: you remind me of my brother lol but he swears after women :mf_rosetinted: he forget french when he become mad and start yelling in lebanese **** in the stupid who gave you the keys loooool but it seems like a vulgar phrase to say :blink:

Is it something involving Cows and Donkeys ?? no actualy i forgot swearing in lebanese i dunno why perhaps because i feel lebanese swears ARE something like a swear whereas french swears aren't...dunno i mean everybody says ''putain'' even for nothing in french

And you swear while driving ??!! :roftl: you remind me of my brother lol but he swears after women he forget french when he become mad and start yelling in lebanese **** in the stupid who gave you the keys loooool but it seems like a vulgar phrase to say

:lmao::lmao:

so do I when I get angry....bsir betarshi' bel arabé:roftl:

but i only use "soft" words...not heavy ones :mf_rosetinted:

u're right, lebanese swears are very meaningfull (?) (while the french are common) maybe that's why i "like" them, bi fésho el khéle' & it's very funny you can say them in different ways, different intonations....it's an art:naughty: (always talking about the soft...coz the others are :blink: )

QUESTION for the people who are fluent in 2 langages or more.

Have you ever noticed in which langage you think??

In BOTH :wink2: but depends of the feeling...when i'm angry it's in lebanese :naughty: when i'm sad or happy it's in french weird ehh ?! :blink: *go back to his oncology:sneaky2: *