Technically it's a dialect of the Arabic language but it's so unintelligible to non-Lebanese speakers that it should be. :naughty:

Hahaha, you tell me! I first learnt some Arabic in Syria, and when I came back and tried to talk with my Moroccan and Tunisian friends in them, they could hardly understand me!:roftl:

Wasabi_tea, dear, Lebanese are actually everywhere, MIka is just the starting point of their quest to rule the world...:naughty:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I've seen so many Lebanese places nearby... there's a Lebanese restaurant on Kensington High Street (as well as another restaurant I saw near there), a Lebanese sandwich shop thinger on Earl's Court Road, that little Lebanese grocery I mentioned before... they really are everywhere, like Mika said :biggrin2:

Hii!!

Lebanese food is very yummy& Lebanese cooker are very good!!!

Sooooo Funny, we are always talkin about food, delights restaurants here!!:bleh:

& Yes WE ARE EVERYWHERE!!

Wasabi_tea, dear, Lebanese are actually everywhere, MIka is just the starting point of their quest to rule the world...:naughty:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

IT'S UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!! GO GO GO GO!! GO CHECK OUR PROJECT HERE

:woot_jump: :woot_jump: :woot_jump: :woot_jump:

*Takes Sandis hands and jumps around with her like a loonie* We did it babe, in the middle of the night but it's OK.......we're MIKANEEN :roftl::thumb_yello::biggrin2:

it reminds me Ghouyar...didnt he have this kind of hospital???

just remember something which ended with "sa7 el nom"

but definatly it was worth waitin for it!!:roftl:

OMG, how many times did I say it's madness here!!!:naughty:

Hahaha, SEE!

We stopped mawdou3 el numbers in the Mikaneen thread because Jass said it isn't fair to all of you who have been waiting over here.

So no numbers, we're all one and the same, MIKANEEEEENNNN!!!!! :wink2:

it reminds me Ghouyar...didnt he have this kind of hospital???

just remember something which ended with "sa7 el nom"

but definatly it was worth waitin for it!!:roftl:

OMG, how many times did I say it's madness here!!!:naughty:

I loved that show...Ghawuar El Toshee xD

Hahaha, SEE!

We stopped mawdou3 el numbers in the Mikaneen thread because Jass said it isn't fair to all of you who have been waiting over here.

So no numbers, we're all one and the same, MIKANEEEEENNNN!!!!! :wink2:

:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Luv u all lots!

Gosh, it's about the best idea in the world!!!!! I'll check in at once, before my insanity goes wild, hahaha, a hospital was needed around here!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Gals, you're the best, it was worth wainting! Too bad I couldn't be here last night, but I did think about the surprise all the time, I was sooooo intrigued...:lol3:Thanks, Jass and Sou!!! *runs to check in*

*squeezes Jass and Sandi until she can't breathe* I love the Mikaneen idea. It gave me a good laugh, it was worth the wait. It's the MikaLunatic Asylum Arabic style! :roftl:

Hahaha, you tell me! I first learnt some Arabic in Syria, and when I came back and tried to talk with my Moroccan and Tunisian friends in them, they could hardly understand me!:roftl:
Moroccan is even more unintelligible with Berber, French and Spanish mixed into it and its weird pronunciation! :naughty:

IT'S UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!! GO GO GO GO!! GO CHECK OUR PROJECT HERE

:woot_jump:

*Takes Sandis hands and jumps around with her like a loonie* We did it babe, in the middle of the night but it's OK.......we're MIKANEEN :roftl::thumb_yello::biggrin2:

OMG, you girls are crazy!! Love you!! such a lovely idea. Good job :thumb_yello:

:roftl: :roftl:

I'm gonna talk about food again, LOL...

Today, I went to that Lebanese sandwich shop/takeaway I said about before, and I got some mujadara with this stuff that had chickpeas, aubergines, potato (I think) and tomatoes in it, and it was sooooooo good! I sat in Holland Park munching away happily, feeling glad that I'm not like my fussy brother, who wouldn't have dared to try the lovely food that I was eating. It was a really good-sized portion too, it filled me up and I still have some left, and it only cost £3.50! I'd also bought this rosewater drink in the Lebanese grocery (along with some kibbeh and some more baklawa), and I had no idea that it was going to taste just like Turkish Delight, LOL! (Wasn't a bad thing, though, just a little surprising!)

I haven't tried the baklawa yet (I got an assortment this time, I only had one sort of baklawa before), nor have I tried the kibbeh yet, but they look yummeh!

Baklawa.jpg

^ The baklawa I bought, mmmm...

mmm Sahtein!!

When you talked about the rose water you reminds me Jellab syrup...

mmmm....It's very good you should try it!!!

Personally I love it, but sorry I coudnt explain you what it is, my english is not the best & I dont evne know what it's made about...

Just cold say it's a red syrup...:blush-anim-cl:

BTw thx for the pic...baklawa mmmm

Aww, that's all right, it sounds nice anyhow! ^_^

I asked Wikipedia about it, and this is what I got:

"Jallab (from Arabic, جلاب )is a type of syrup popular in the Middle East and made from dates, grape molasses and rose water."

Mmmmmm... :biggrin2:

Hehe. I'm usually the one who starts the week-long food discussions. :-PPP The baklawa looks very yummy.

My family is so dorky, I love it. We live in the middle of a suburb, and I remembered always seeing Grape Leaves by my old elementary school, when I used to bike there as a kid. We never pursued it, but I've been dying for Dolma, lately. JUNE Dolmas. So good. June 15th is the best time to pick grrape leaves.

So we went through the woods to pick some grape leaves last weekend, and we found a bunch. This old lady who lived nearby came up to us and asked what we were doing. I think we looked suspicious, haha.

My dad went to great lengths, too. He insisted on climbing this fence and going down an ultra-steep hill to get some. He has pickeng them off by these huge long trees. It looked like he was in the middle of a forest or something. It was hilarious. I drove back to get my camera, but by the time I got it, he was done. Poo. It was hilarious. But I got a few pictures on my mom's disposable which is still undeveloped. I'll post them eventually. :naughty:

Hehe. I'm usually the one who starts the week-long food discussions. :-PPP The baklawa looks very yummy.

Haha XD

I've actually tried some of the baklawa now, and it's heavenly! I'm SO going to end up addicted to this stuff, neeheehee!

Wasabi Tea, that picture is making me crave. :wink2: My favourite store on Sydney Road in Melbourne is called "Balha's Pastries". It's huge and they have dozens of types of Lebanese sweets and gourmet ice creams. In high school my friends and I would always visit there and a shop further down the road, "Falafel Moudy's". :naughty:

My family is so dorky, I love it.

So is mine. There's a plant that we call "shiba" and put into Moroccan mint tea and it grows wild here in Australia so my parents or my grandma go and pick it. :roftl:

Hi everybody! I'm not Lebanese (I was born in India actually) but I had a question for you. Sorry if you've discussed this over and over, but what are some of the most popular traditional Lebanese foods? I don't know much about Lebanese cuisine, but I love to cook, so I would like to learn more about it. Thanks! :biggrin2:

OMG, Wasabi Tea, those baklawa look delicious!!!! You made me hungry again *rushes to the fridge to see if there's anything yummy*:roftl: I'm sooo glad you've growing addicted to them, just like myself, haha. Thanks for posting the pic and making us eager for some baklawa, hahahahaha.

Jallab is wonderful, but I can't find it in Madrid:thumbdown: , in spite of the many Arabs that live here, why?? I'll go and ask at the Muslim groceries' tomorrow, I need a shot!!!!!:biggrin2:

Hi and welcome, DaMango! I'm not Lebanese either, I'm Spanish, but I feel better than at home here, so make yourself comfortable!