Queeniac Club

mandilambi

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMFG ROBBIE JUST GIVE IT UP!!! :sneaky2: For God's sake. If I were Roger or Brian I'd sue him.

I have one more thing to add, today I discovered, to my great surprised and mild horror, that Robbie Williams also has a song called Spread your Wings. I'm afraid I didn't get a chance to listen to it, but I mean really!!!:thumbdown:

WHAT????:shocked: Roger's in Africa????? What's he doing here? And where abouts is he? (not getting too hopeful, Africa is a BIG continent)

Brian yesterday at the Hard Rock Cafe presentation of the Montreal DVD.

quote BRIAN

:

You might be wondering where Roger is …. Well, he sends his love. He told me to tell you that he would actually MUCH rather be here with us for the launch of the DVD, rather than sunbathing on his luxurious boat off the coast of Africa, if he were someone who gave a ****!! :roftl: :roftl:

That's all I know about it ^^ :wink2:

No kidding. He's been biting off Queen for a long time now. Grow some funk of your own, dude. :thumbdown:

Well, as far as I am concerned, Robbie is not a musician but a pop star.

That 's a huge difference. It means that we cannot expect him to develop his own style of songs because he cannot write songs ( Stupid boy 'split up' with Guy Chambers who was delivering him the good tunes).

I think he can only claim the lyrics to be his own - some of them are really good, or at least candid and self ironic, and therefore, entertaining. However, even in those you notice that he is either obsessed with Freddie and George Michael or tries to copy them because he does not seem to have an identity of his own.

In my opinion, the fact that now he apparently wants to cover Dean Martin songs (after his commercially successful album of Frank Sinatra covers) means that he simply feeds on ideas that have already proven commercial success... That's understandable but not particularly likeable.:mf_rosetinted:

That 's a huge difference. It means that we cannot expect him to develop his own style of songs because he cannot write songs ( Stupid boy 'split up' with Guy Chambers who was delivering him the good tunes).

I think he can only claim the lyrics to be his own - some of them are really good, or at least candid and self ironic, and therefore, entertaining. However, even in those you notice that he is either obsessed with Freddie and George Michael or tries to copy them because he does not seem to have an identity of his own.

In my opinion, the fact that now he apparently wants to cover Dean Martin songs (after his commercially successful album of Frank Sinatra covers) means that he simply feeds on ideas that have already proven commercial success... That's understandable but not particularly likeable.:mf_rosetinted:

Couldn't have said it better if I had tried!!!! I have "Swing when your Winning"and while it is very good, once I heard the original songs I thought "Oh my goodness! He's stolen everything from them!"

I totally agree.

I can't remember what concert it was - it was some big concert in London where a bunch of artists came together to perform and it was aired on Vh1. But anyway, Robbie came on and performed one of his songs and at the end to get the crowd going he started singing the lyrics "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier" over and over again.

Any Killers cans will know that that lyric is from their song "All These Things That I've Done," and the Killers actually performed a little after Robbie did. What possessed him to take those lyrics? It was so bizarre and infuriating at the same time.

Unless, of course, these lyrics are taken from some other song that I'm not aware of. But it appeared to be blatant ripping-off.

I can't remember what concert it was - it was some big concert in London where a bunch of artists came together to perform and it was aired on Vh1. But anyway, Robbie came on and performed one of his songs and at the end to get the crowd going he started singing the lyrics "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier" over and over again.

It was the Live8 concert. :cool:

However, him ruining We Will Rock You was more memorable that day...:thumbdown:

Hi Alex

Anyway, totally off track but my friend was soooo mean to me today!!!

I was telling her about how Roger was on holiday here and I thought it was so cool and she said "Well you're not going to see him so what's your point?" Then I said "I know, but it's cool. But I will meet him one day, and of course Brian!"And she said "Well they're going to bite the dust soon so you better hurry!"

I was like "Gee thanks....":tears: :bash:

Hi Alex

Anyway, totally off track but my friend was soooo mean to me today!!!

I was telling her about how Roger was on holiday here and I thought it was so cool and she said "Well you're not going to see him so what's your point?" Then I said "I know, but it's cool. But I will meet him one day, and of course Brian!"And she said "Well they're going to bite the dust soon so you better hurry!"

I was like "Gee thanks....":tears: :bash:

awwww I'm sure you will meat them !!!! I will too by the way haha.... don't listen to what other say... I mean you know that Roger and Brian will live for at least 30 more years ;):punk:

@ mandilambi : I think you should add bambi to the queeniacs ! I know her and she is definitely a Queeniac !!! :biggrin2: