Those going to the Chicago gig on june 11th

So i posted a question on Yahoo answers asking about just general information and tips for concerts at the Metro and possibly meeting the band, and i got this response which i found pretty exciting and i thought that the people who are also going would like to read this..

Melissa,

You are talking to the right person..... The Metro is one of the best and easiest places to meet a band. I have met hundreds! Immediately before the last song is over run downstatirs to the main entrance lobby. The stairwell there is the same that the artists descent after the concert. Usually after they leave the stage you can call them over there. If not, wait outside in between the Gingerman bar and Smart Bar. Many artists like to go downstairs and have a few drinks at Smartbar so that may be a good gamble as well!

Good luck!

YAYY!!! I'm so excited!!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. Thank you so much! =D

I know one of my friends has been to many concerts but the info about getting to meet the band was unclear to me since it was passed on from one friend to another. *sigh*

Apperently my friends can't repeat what they've been told. -_-

But anyway...

Yeah. I'm not sure how early I should get there. I want to get there early enough to get a good seat but not that early that it's still dark outside. lol.

That would be crazy/over obsessive.

I just want the perfect seat where I can take a lot of pics, dance around like crazy, and for Mika to...well...notice me.

I hope that doesn't sound selfish. I want everyone going to this Chicago gig to finally see Mika! But this may be my only chance to be in the same room with him and get my hugging pic with Mika! :naughty:

I'll probably be soooo shy.

I think this club isn't that huge, so I imagine that we will all have pretty good views no matter what! At least I hope so!

I am not sure how early my sister and I will be arriving there. We will actually be going to Chicago on June 8th for a Gwen Stefani concert, so we will be able to get to the Mika show as early as we want. I doubt I'll be out with a tent either! LOL

And Emy, I just hope all of us can have the time of our lives and will be able to enjoy ourselves to the fullest!

Some of my friends went to a Say Anything concert at The Metro a week ago and one of the girls said it isn't a big place at all and you're RIGHT next to the band, and she didn't even get there early. She also said they weren't really strict on cameras and stuff and they were easy to sneak in, which is a very good thing.

Also, I guess the people that I'm going with are dressing up like Lollipop Girl and stuff but I'm not really sure I want to...I think I'll just stick with a Mika shirt or something, lol.

yeah the metro is very small, it only holds about 1000 people, and i read that the back of the room is only 25 feet away from the stage! plus, the concert isn't even sold out (yet) so there will be even less people! AHHHHHh i'm so excited! 30 days!!!!!!!!

If it's not sold out, how come my friends couldn't get any tickets? They're driving 14 hours to Boston to go see him! lol. I tried to get another ticket and I couldn't either.

Well now it's official, I will absolutely not be able to concentrate one bit on anything for the next month!!! I was so bummed reading they don't allow cameras but if they are not strict on it then I'm all for trying to get one in.

I have no idea when to show up - does anyone know, are there assigned places or is it just a rush, whoever shows up earlier gets the better seats?

Yeah, also, I was been trying to get a ticket for a week now, every day, and they always said nothing available, then boom, late Friday night, I searched again and there it was, so I'm waiting for mine in the mail.

Ticketmaster's trying to mess with our heads :bleh:

I wouldn't worry about cameras. It seems as though venues are not as strict as they used to be. To be honest, I am going to sneak mine in because once you get the camera in they don't seem to care a whole lot!

And I believe this show is a general admission show, which means there's probably no seating (there may be in the balcony, however).