Feels like I'm not allowed to like him!

Queenie87

Well, after all I think everybody is entitled not to like Mika or his music or his clothes or whatever. We are not all the same but different due to our different backgrounds and different experiences and influences in our environment. So I really don't consider it in an overly negative way if somebody around me doesn't share my taste. Sure it can be annoying and maybe even disappointing if our best friends just 'don't get it'. But on the other hand think for a minute about all the people/things and stuff they adore and we don't for whatever reason. :wink2:

....aaand last but not least think about the fiasco of getting tickets if everybody in the world loved LOVED Mika as much as we do....:mf_rosetinted:

...oh and I read in some of the first posts in this thread something like 'I had to make up a girlfriend for him because my friends keep on claiming he's gay...'

Errr, apart from the fact that I don't care :mf_rosetinted: - maybe I've missed something, so please help me along: Is there really a positive correlation between somebody being gay and a personal aversion to the person/music? :blink:

I agree, especially on the part about the tickets! :naughty: Anyway, I don't have a problem with people not liking Mika. There are tons of artists that I don't like but I don't call them names and carry on. I just wish people would, I guess, 'dislike' Mika 'cause it's just not their type of music or whatever. What upsets me are the reasons they don't like Mika. For example if my friend said something along the lines of 'I just don't like his style of music or his music in general' I wouldn't care. Instead, I get from them, 'Oh, I don't like him 'cause he's gay.' First, we don't KNOW if he's gay, second, we don't CARE if he's gay, and third, who said being gay is BAD?! That's just the way people in my school think.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahah, people on the Fratellis forum hate him? The Fratellis are good for a quick listen, but they are such glam wannabes, and the lead singer is just desperately trying to be a hetero version of Marc Bolan. (Which is funny 'cos slight gender/sexual ambiguity was the main point of Marc's appeal.) Anyway, they are fun but they are just your generic pop-punk band without any originality, so for them or their fans to slam Mika is really ironic.

As for people who call him "gay" as an insult (again, if ANY Fratellis fan did that I'd laugh in their face and point them to some T. Rex videos), my response is usually not to even argue but just reply with something like, "yes, gay and fabulous!" Or "Oh, well we can hope!" That works better than trying to "defend" him, imo. Because after all, why shouldn't he be gay?

--Jack

The people who don’t like Mika are just closed minded well that what I think anyway lol this mite be a bit off topic but when I first showed my mum and dad the Grace Kelly video they where like "WOW" that was amazing I was a bit surprised and happy they liked it and when I come down stairs I some times see my dad watching the Grace Kelly video on you tube lol I think its so cute

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion and there are many artists I don't like but my friends do. The difference is.....why is it necessary to make fun of the artists I do like, every single time there is something mentioned about them? They know it bugs me, why do it? I've sat through many annoying songs and videos because my friends like the artist. I don't make comments, I just tend to talk about anything and everything, just to tune the song out (bad, I know) but at least I'm not making fun of their taste in music.

We don't have to like the same artists. That's what keeps it interesting. Just back off sometimes, you know what I mean?

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion and there are many artists I don't like but my friends do. The difference is.....why is it necessary to make fun of the artists I do like, every single time there is something mentioned about them? They know it bugs me, why do it? I've sat through many annoying songs and videos because my friends like the artist. I don't make comments, I just tend to talk about anything and everything, just to tune the song out (bad, I know) but at least I'm not making fun of their taste in music.

We don't have to like the same artists. That's what keeps it interesting. Just back off sometimes, you know what I mean?

Agree:thumb_yello:

Exactly, I mean I don't care that they don't like him. There are lots of artists my friends like and I don't. I just want them to keep the smart comments to themselves. Even when I'm minding my own business listening to Mika, people will come up to me and say oh, Mika, again? blah, blah, insult, insult, blah, blah. Also, I hate when people look down on other people for their taste in music. Why is their taste in music so much better than mine?! I am SO glad this thread is here so I can vent! lol.