Feels like I'm not allowed to like him!

Queenie87

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever get people questioning you about liking Mika? I feel like alot of people dictate whether I should like him or not when it's not even any of their buisness! Someone said he can't sing and his writing skills are nothing special and I said that it was their opinion but the person wouldn't let it drop.

Sorry for ranting but it drives me crazy sometimes :blowup:

that's why, and that's whom.

i'd just like to have an intense debate, that's all.

ohh gotit haha hey, you would have alot of people on your side

Haha, I'll help, I almost always win arguments that I'm in. It's one of my strengths, I guess I'm a persuasive person. Either that or they don't want to hear me talk anymore! :roftl:

Just go about your life liking whoever you like, you don't need to persuade everyone to like the same things you do, and if they really disagree, then sometimes it is wiser for the sake of the friendship not to bring it up!! Have it as your little secret!!

The whole is he or isn't he stuff is so stupid...would they say oooh I heard Mika was Catholic....NO, I heard he's baptist....no, he isn't, he's.....who cares??? This is about his music isn't it? That's was what started us liking him.

Maybe go to the WE DON'T CARE thread...!!!

And just something else I thought of. Men who sing with high voices get this kind of discussion a lot...but I don't recall Michael Jackson getting any of this debate, and his voice is very high too. Was that because he started in J5? (and I am not starting a conv about MJ's prefernces...just a passing comment that's all)

Haha, I'll help, I almost always win arguments that I'm in. It's one of my strengths, I guess I'm a persuasive person. Either that or they don't want to hear me talk anymore! :roftl:

id say im a pretty persuasive person, but it depend son who im with, some freinds i have are stubborn then i have ones who are stubbron but i can stil get to boss around lol

don't worry . i know what you mean. i start a thread on forums in my country about mika and i expected like from 10 milions ( we are about 22 ), but i guess that half are young and open minded to post about him and tell their opinions in a good sense.

http://www.roportal.ro/discutii/ftopic29404.html

but no way. i got replies from about 5 same people and only one said he likes mika. the rest just post it to grow the number of their posts. i replied that if they don't like him, just go on threads they want. i don't understand why people have such a reaction. if i don't like an artist i don't comment on place where that one is addored and if i do at least i bring arguments for it. it was a post something like this:" he's like a nut and he would be better in a crazy people hospital" ( i translate from my language to english. )

and i get the same when i say that i love freddie. i got questions like that: what? that gay? and he was so ugly with those teeath.

people, what is wrong with you? we don't care about the look. we care about music and talent and art and not an artist life. but i used to it and i don't care anymore. i just say to those peolpe that this is my bussines and i don't force them to like what i like. end of story.

and i get the same when i say that i love freddie. i got questions like that: what? that gay? and he was so ugly with those teeath.

people, what is wrong with you? we don't care about the look. we care about music and talent and art and not an artist life. but i used to it and i don't care anymore. i just say to those peolpe that this is my bussines and i don't force them to like what i like. end of story.

Well I know looks don't matter, but I'd have to disagree with those people! I thought Freddie was incredibly sexy and his teeth added to it! I thought he was goodlooking but also, I think I feel that way about him more because his swagger, I guess you could call it, his presence, and of course, his talent! not necessarily because of his looks. I don't think attractiveness is all about the looks, but yeah, he could have been a monkey and I'd still feel the same way! lol Freddie was hot! :mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl:

I have to agree that it definitely is annoying when people insult Mika when you say that you like him. Can't they just accept it and move on?? I guess not, unfortunately..

Oh, but that reminds me, I was playing Mika in the car the other day on the way to my brother's concert, and the next morning my dad said, "I don't like that Moki." So I said, "Moki?" And he was like, "Yeah, Moki." "You mean Mika?" "Yeah..." HAHAHA. Really, despite the fact that he expressed dislike for dear Mika's music, I found that whole exchange to be HIGHLY entertaining. It does make me sad though when people disagree with me about Mika's amazingness :thumbdown:

HOWEVER, nothing anyone says can make me stop loving Mika! Just have to tune it out, that's all..

Well, It's Even Worse For Me. People See A Guy Acting Like, OMG MIKA! YAY! And Then They Say, "He's Gay." So Ja. I LOVE LOVE MIKA! YAY! SO Yep. Lol. Everybody Basically Just Laughs At Me.. But People Still Act Like I Shouldn't be Obsessed Over A Man.. But Hey! It's MIKA...

I discovered MIKA recently, from then on I have introduced him to almost all my friends, and I am happy to say that all of them have instantly taken a liking to his music, I have never heard anything bad about his singing or writing. If anybody said anything bad about him, I will not be their friend anymore!!!!:)

I know how you feel. I'm known as the "classic rock girl" with everyone and now that I like Mika who is from this generation and is more pop-ish, my sister gives me a lot of **** for liking him and I just tell her to "go to hell" haha. I have to secretly like him when I'm around her or else she'll get mad if I wanna listen to him or something - it sucks.

hmm can't sing?

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

sorry, but that's the most stupidest thing I've heard.. (today :D) haha.. they just don't like him and they, for some reason, can't stand that you like him. :P

I agree. He only said that to trouble yourself. Bad liar!!!

when dad saw him perform on "Først og Sist" he told me IT WASNT LIVE

and I was like WHAT!???

He was SUUURE that he didnt sang live and im like....eeeek....speechless O_O

it WAS LIVE

so i comforted myself that if dad says it wasnt live, he might think Mika was singing awsome!!

like -----> too good to be true XDD

i felt better ahahah

and one day, i was sitting next to dad and went to youtube and played EVERYTHING which has Mika to do XDDD

and then he heard Mika singing to Killer Queen and he was like....who is that???

And I thought FINALLY!!!

ITS MIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ISNT HE WONDERFUL!????????????????

and he sounded like erhhhh....well he didnt disagree but i dont think he wanted to agree XDD

so he told me.....he sounds like Freddie!

And he reminds me of "forgot name" from Sweet

XDDD ahhhh

I feel a little blessed when I read all of your posts! almost all of my friends like him!

only my parents hate him, but I just don't talk about him with them...

Some people just can't help themselves always meddling in someone elses bizniz, it's a mental disease really so tell them to sort off ... everyone has their own free will in liking and loving the people they want to, simple as that ...

but then again I am not complaining we have a happy family we all love MIKA here!

And people who can't help themselves questioning other peoples skills are looking as green as green can be ... jealousy is the most negative energy on the face of our wonderful planet!

Do you ever get people questioning you about liking Mika? I feel like alot of people dictate whether I should like him or not when it's not even any of their buisness! Someone said he can't sing and his writing skills are nothing special and I said that it was their opinion but the person wouldn't let it drop.

Sorry for ranting but it drives me crazy sometimes

I feel a little blessed when I read all of your posts! almost all of my friends like him!

yeah, all of my best friends love him then ihave not as close best freids who don tlike him, but dont yell at me forliking him, but i did get my mom to like him, my dad...not so much

your so lucky!!

well....my friends do like him but eek....theyre not obsessing themselves!! O_O

i just want to shake them and eeeeee

cant they see that Mika is super duper sjfsjfshefsjkfh wonderful?!! :shocked:

You and I are rare in these parts of Toronto.

I've tried to convert a few people (family, friends, colleagues at work..)

They just don't have the same obsession..but that's ok.

I guess we just don't know the right people. He seemed to have a lot of fans at the show. I wish I'd brought a friend of mine because she would have really enjoyed the circus atmosphere and I think she could appreciate Mika's piano playing and voice.

She's still obsessing over Paolo Nutini since we saw him 2 weeks before Mika came to town. But I'm like, look, I've moved onto Mika now! Paolo Nutini is more my style of music but Mika is such an interesting character and I loved his show. I really hope he comes back in the fall.

I haven't read though all the post so sorry if this has gone totally off topic and I look stupid putting this but I know what you mean.

My best friend was round my house at the weekend, and the Love Today video was on. I was helping her do something, so when it came on I just said - 'I'll sort it out in a minute, because I love this video'. She sat there and watched it with me while I was happily singing along and when he sang 'Love love me, love love me, love love' she goes and says 'who'd wanna love him'. I felt like screaming 'ME!!! OUT NOW! DON'T DISS MIKA!' but instead I ignored her. She also expected the extra ticket if I got a pair to his gig!

Also when he performed at HMV I invited 3 of my friends (including her^) and when I asked she hadn't heard of him, one girl said 'Oh him. I hate that Grace Kelly song' and kind of scrunched up her nose. The other girl said 'I hate him. I'll come.' She didn't, because she didn't get from school back in time (thank god.) So I just went with my little sister that thinks he's ok.

Well, after all I think everybody is entitled not to like Mika or his music or his clothes or whatever. We are not all the same but different due to our different backgrounds and different experiences and influences in our environment. So I really don't consider it in an overly negative way if somebody around me doesn't share my taste. Sure it can be annoying and maybe even disappointing if our best friends just 'don't get it'. But on the other hand think for a minute about all the people/things and stuff they adore and we don't for whatever reason. :wink2:

....aaand last but not least think about the fiasco of getting tickets if everybody in the world loved LOVED Mika as much as we do....:mf_rosetinted:

...oh and I read in some of the first posts in this thread something like 'I had to make up a girlfriend for him because my friends keep on claiming he's gay...'

Errr, apart from the fact that I don't care :mf_rosetinted: - maybe I've missed something, so please help me along: Is there really a positive correlation between somebody being gay and a personal aversion to the person/music? :blink:

Childish behavior?:shocked: How can they say that?

Maybe it's because I'm getting older (well, I'm only 25) and I love hanging out with my neice and nephew more than my friends sometimes, but having fun and not caring what anyone else thinks is not childish.

I think it would be so much fun to be around Mika!!

It took me years to realize that it doesn't matter what people think of me. As long as I'm having fun, I don't care how stupid or "childish" I appear. My parents just laugh whenever I tell them stories about the things my friends and I do. As long as it's not illegal, they don't care.:punk:

You're so right!:thumb_yello:

And about Mika- he doesn't seem to be one of those ''all look alike guys who just care about their cars and how many women they can get'', he doesn't seem to be shallow and dumb.:mf_rosetinted: Now if that's childish...?

And after all being childish is OK!:biggrin2: I'm so childish and I love it.:punk: