why why why!!!

yuppymunch

just want to rant about ebay..

mika tickets for the london gig are selling for £150 and rising!! its bugging me loads, cos i really wanna go!! arrrrrrgh, i mean, i got the tickets for the birmingham gig for £20!! what the hell!!

mika, you are one popular guy!!

well, if anyone was at the birmingham gig, im sure you were aware of the guys seling tickets up and down the queue, so im hoping that is gonna happen again!

ps, where can i find pics of his sister/mum/ etc cos i havent seen any!!

peace and love, mika lovers:roftl:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, tell me about it! I was the highest bidder on Saturday with 2 mins to go and then my computer crashed. By the time I got back on the auction had ended and the tickets sold for £122. £2 more than my max bid :( So I put a bid on the next set of tickets which ended last night. I won them, but I am a bit shell shocked by what I paid. Put it this way - they won't stop at £150 :(

The tickets have gone up dramatically since the weekend. I put it down to so many people seeing him at Preston, who wouldn't normally have liked him, seeing how wonderful he is live!

There should be a law about people re-selling tickets on eBay for such a high cost. Either sell them at cost price or not at all. It isn't fair on the true fans who wanted to get them but couldn't get them because of these 'ticket thiefs'

There should be a law about people re-selling tickets on eBay for such a high cost. Either sell them at cost price or not at all. It isn't fair on the true fans who wanted to get them but couldn't get them because of these 'ticket thiefs'

Seconded! Ebay should ban ticket sales unless people are selling at cost price because they can't go for some reason. It is particularly criminal in the case of free festivals like One Big Weekend.

for his march ny gig, the tickets sold out right before me and my freinds could get then, so we got the off ebay, it cots us 55 bucks each, 40 more than the original price.

I think I got off easy. My SBE tickets off of eBay cost 60 odd quid for two. But when you consider they were originally 12.50 the seller quadrupled them

Yes i agree completely tickets should not be sold on ebay ESPECIALLY when people are selling them for up to 5 times more than the original price!!

I for one was furious about the radio one big weekend tickets being sold when the indiciduals had recievee them FOR FREE!!!!:thumbdown:

:protest: :protest:

WTF!!!!

Back in febuary i got my tickets for £8!!!!

and for the one that i went to a couple of weeks ago i got them for FREE!!!

IM BIDDING FOR SOME NOW AND THEY ARE AT £50!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I THINK MIKA SHOULD GIVE ALL MFCers A DISCOUNT!!!! *hehe* lol

after all we are his BIGGEST and most DEVOTED fans and will be FOREVER!!!:thumb_yello::biggrin2: :biggrin2:

im not sure but the bbc im sure made a press release about how upset they were about tickets being sold on ebay and how they didnt support it

and how are we meant to do anything about it if the bbc cant? :thumbdown:

im not sure but the bbc im sure made a press release about how upset they were about tickets being sold on ebay and how they didnt support it

and how are we meant to do anything about it if the bbc cant? :thumbdown:

Isn't there a consumer programme of BBC 1 and they pursue these matters until something is done....I forgot what it is called but it's presented by some Scottish bloke..My mind has gone all fuzzy and blurry.

Isn't there a consumer programme of BBC 1 and they pursue these matters until something is done....I forgot what it is called but it's presented by some Scottish bloke..My mind has gone all fuzzy and blurry.

i think you mean watch dog

:boxed:

meh its worth a try but i really doubt anyone can stop ebay and similar auction sites :thumbdown:

i think you mean watch dog

:boxed:

meh its worth a try but i really doubt anyone can stop ebay and similar auction sites :thumbdown:

Thank you I have been racking my brains..... I suppose Mika is worth spending over the odds if you can afford it.:blush-anim-cl:

I am afraid it's a simple case of supply and demand. If no one bought tickets from ebay, they would stop selling them, but as we all know this will never happen. If there is a DEMAND then these touts WILL supply.

I don't like it any more than you, but unless you can get everybody to stop buying them (huh fat chance) then it will keep going.

its no so much selling tickets on ebay that upsets me its just the fact that these touts are making Big money from Mika that winds me up ...But your right aslong as there is demand they always seem to supply :boxed:

The problem is people PAY big money for tickets. what annoys me more is the fact I tried to get Prince tickets and they sold out 30 seconds after they went on sale, but ebay were selling them the day before. That can't be right and ebay could stop this.

Yeah.....know what you mean...cases like that where they sell out in a few minutes and then people are putting them on eBay, like, an hour after for £200 plus or summat ridiculous really does take the Michael!

I think it's o.k for people who have had a family emergency or summat to put them on eBay just to try and get their money back, with no reserve of course. Then people can just fight it out themselves can't they. Sometimes they end up going for loads (not the sellers fault) and sometimes, a fiver!! Depending who it is etc........

It's a difficult one, but no. I don't think people should take the p and make money purposely.

Yeah.....know what you mean...cases like that where they sell out in a few minutes and then people are putting them on eBay, like, an hour after for £200 plus or summat ridiculous really does take the Michael!

I think it's o.k for people who have had a family emergency or summat to put them on eBay just to try and get their money back, with no reserve of course. Then people can just fight it out themselves can't they. Sometimes they end up going for loads (not the sellers fault) and sometimes, a fiver!! Depending who it is etc........

It's a difficult one, but no. I don't think people should take the p and make money purposely.

yes i can completely understand if poeple for whatever reason need to sell them because they cannot attend and Yes you are right about the bidding wars aswell i guess that these things cannot be helped and we are our own worse enemys :blink:

Yeah - so did i!!!! *laughs but holds head in hands*

I didn't think i had anyone to look after my little one so didn't get tickets for somerset house, despite having an e-mail before they went on sale!

Things changed anyway and it turns out i could go!!! Friggin' tickets sold out!!! Everywhere!!!!!

So, what do i do? Pay £125 for 2 somerset house tickets!! (in desparation of course - Mika fans, i know you understand!) :biggrin2:

MIKA IS TOO POPULAR. TO MANY BIDDERS!!

SOME PEOPLE DO BUY TICKETS JUST TO SELL THEM ON EBAY AND MAKE PROFIT. LIKE, TAKE THAT TICKETS WENT FOR £800!! I DUNO ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT I AM TOO POOR, I GO TO COLLEGE, AND HAVE A CRAPPY PART TIME JOB, AND A CAR TO PAY FOR! AND I JUST CANT AFFORD ANYTHING!! DAMMIT! I REALLY WANNA SEE MIKA AGAIN. RAAAAAAAAH!!

its no so much selling tickets on ebay that upsets me its just the fact that these touts are making Big money from Mika that winds me up ...But your right aslong as there is demand they always seem to supply :boxed:

whats a tout? hahaha

and i think it really sucks that they are selling those tickets for more than they were originally sold...some ppl just suck...and dont understand our obsessions..at least u guys have been to some of his shows though! i have yet to see mikaaaaa