Kia Ora!!!

1kiwiabroad

Kia Ora (hello)!!!! I've just joined in hope of finding out more - cos the problem is, Mika is so new, that nobody knows anything. I found a reference to this website and decided to join- and that brings me here. Yup, what a great sunday I've had. I'm from New Zealand ( Kati Kati if that means anything to anyone, which i doubt because it consists of an abandoned tractor and a couple of sheep - oh, and the birthplace of the biggest family of Mika fans ever!!!), but i moved to south east Asia - Brunei ( another unheardof place) - when I was 3, and then to England when i was almoast 12 - thats 4 years ago. I was bullied because i only spoke Malay and Maori and not much English. But i play more instruments than you can count on your fingers, and as u can imagine, am very classicly orientated. Infact, i hated any form of pop music - until my friend sent me a link to the grace kelley video on youtube. wow. could'nt stop watching it. Mika is a true Musical genius - to be able to mix all those different styles. I'm so gealous - my songs are so normal , nothing like me. it 'd be interesting to hear about your backgrounds. here's y: i've heard they call Mika a Musical marmite. So y do dome people like him and others not? Could be interesting.......any of you have any ideas?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome here - hope you enjoy it. Pop into the forums and have a chat with some of us - there are lots of places to choose from in the General Chinwagging, or Chat about Mika forums!! :thumb_yello:

haere mai fellow KIWI!

There are a few kiwis among us! you are going to love the MFC

wow KatiKati is such a small but beautiful place!

manako koe ora! whai whakahirahira te wä!

very sorry my maori is getting pretty bad at the moment I hope you can make out what I trying to say

If you want to you can drop and say hi in the kiwi thread!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=181441#post181441

i live in the north island! papaioea (Palmerston North), I have to say the Maori name is so much better than Palmerston north...we already have a Palmerston in the south island!

Off topic but... are you really from Palmy? I stayed there for a while in 2001, with some Dutch and English exchange students from Massey. Fitzherbert Avenue, close to Fitzherbert Park. I remember the uni, a golf course and a bar next to the Burger King. Oh and the stock car races in the stadium and a contest for heavy equipment in the park (got some pics of that). And not to forget the Amazing Maze in the Maize! :thumb_yello:

New Zealand is cool. :glasses2:

Off topic but... are you really from Palmy? I stayed there for a while in 2001, with some Dutch and English exchange students from Massey. Fitzherbert Avenue, close to Fitzherbert Park. I remember the uni, a golf course and a bar next to the Burger King. Oh and the stock car races in the stadium and a contest for heavy equipment in the park (got some pics of that). And not to forget the Amazing Maze in the Maize! :thumb_yello:

New Zealand is cool. :glasses2:

yes a bit off topic, but yes my highschool is on Fitzherbert! and im going to that uni next year! i live near those stock cars! unfortunately you never get any sleep during racing season!

anyway back to topic!

Kia Ora (hello)!!!! I've just joined in hope of finding out more - cos the problem is, Mika is so new, that nobody knows anything. I found a reference to this website and decided to join- and that brings me here. Yup, what a great sunday I've had. I'm from New Zealand ( Kati Kati if that means anything to anyone, which i doubt because it consists of an abandoned tractor and a couple of sheep - oh, and the birthplace of the biggest family of Mika fans ever!!!), but i moved to south east Asia - Brunei ( another unheardof place) - when I was 3, and then to England when i was almoast 12 - thats 4 years ago. I was bullied because i only spoke Malay and Maori and not much English. But i play more instruments than you can count on your fingers, and as u can imagine, am very classicly orientated. Infact, i hated any form of pop music - until my friend sent me a link to the grace kelley video on youtube. wow. could'nt stop watching it. Mika is a true Musical genius - to be able to mix all those different styles. I'm so gealous - my songs are so normal , nothing like me. it 'd be interesting to hear about your backgrounds. here's y: i've heard they call Mika a Musical marmite. So y do dome people like him and others not? Could be interesting.......any of you have any ideas?

Welcome, welcome from the Wet Coast of Canada (British Columbia)! You will absolutely love it here! The mfc is the friendliest place on earth! We discuss everything here and all people and opinions are most welcome. And of course, we all have one thing in common - the great and wonderful Mika! But our topics of discussion range from a to z. Lots of support here! If you ever need any help or advice you've definitely come to the right place. Welcome home! :biggrin2: