Mika's Life In Motion

dcdeb

Some of this sounds familiar, but I think there's some new stuff in here:

Mika's Life In Motion

Updated 02:45 PDT Wed, Jun 06 2007

from pollstar.com

Singer-songwriter Mika has a busy year planned, with a touring schedule that includes appearances in the U.S., the U.K., Europe, and Japan.

First up are a handful of U.S. dates, including June 8 at The Avalon in Los Angeles, June 11 at Chicago's Metro / Smart Bar, and June 16 at Center Stage in Atlanta.

Mika's summer schedule features a bunch of festival gigs, including the Glastonbury Festival in the U.K. (June 23-24), Open Air St. Gallen in Switzerland (June 29), the Oxegen Festival in Ireland (July 7), and Fuji Rock Festival in Japan (July 29).

The singer will make a quick stop in the States August 10 for a free show in New York's Bryant Park as part of the "Good Morning America" Summer concert series and then head back to Europe for an appearance at the Open Air Festival in Germany on August 12.

Mika's fall U.K. tour kicks off with a pair of shows at the V Festival August 18-19, and includes stops in Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, Plymouth, Brighton and London.

Tickets for the U.S. shows are available through Ticketmaster. Festival tickets are available through each event's web site, and presale tickets for Mika's autumn U.K. dates are available through his web site, http://www.mikasounds.com/uk.

All of this jetting back and forth around the globe for live shows sounds like a lot of work, but Mika told Pollstar it's worth it.

"I think, surprisingly, in the United States there's a great climate for live shows at the moment, because people want more," he said.

And the U.S. is only one part of his overall strategy. Instead of one market at a time, he and his team are working to break him everywhere at once. He says even though it means more work and a lot of traveling, it's worth the effort.

"It's so much more honest, because we're not having to try to retrace our steps anywhere," he said.

Most importantly, he says he's having the time of his life.

"It's fun. Because I was prepared and paranoid enough to guarantee I'd get the freedom that I wanted, it's been exactly what I expected, and I'm lucky to be in that position."

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7998

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika's Life In Motion

Updated 02:45 PDT Wed, Jun 06 2007

Singer-songwriter Mika has a busy year planned, with a touring schedule that includes appearances in the U.S., the U.K., Europe, and Japan.

First up are a handful of U.S. dates, including June 8 at The Avalon in Los Angeles, June 11 at Chicago's Metro / Smart Bar, and June 16 at Center Stage in Atlanta.

Mika's summer schedule features a bunch of festival gigs, including the Glastonbury Festival in the U.K. (June 23-24), Open Air St. Gallen in Switzerland (June 29), the Oxegen Festival in Ireland (July 7), and Fuji Rock Festival in Japan (July 29).

The singer will make a quick stop in the States August 10 for a free show in New York's Bryant Park as part of the "Good Morning America" Summer concert series and then head back to Europe for an appearance at the Open Air Festival in Germany on August 12.

Mika's fall U.K. tour kicks off with a pair of shows at the V Festival August 18-19, and includes stops in Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, Plymouth, Brighton and London.

Tickets for the U.S. shows are available through Ticketmaster. Festival tickets are available through each event's web site, and presale tickets for Mika's autumn U.K. dates are available through his web site, http://www.mikasounds.com/uk.

All of this jetting back and forth around the globe for live shows sounds like a lot of work, but Mika told Pollstar it's worth it.

"I think, surprisingly, in the United States there's a great climate for live shows at the moment, because people want more," he said.

And the U.S. is only one part of his overall strategy. Instead of one market at a time, he and his team are working to break him everywhere at once. He says even though it means more work and a lot of traveling, it's worth the effort.

"It's so much more honest, because we're not having to try to retrace our steps anywhere," he said.

Most importantly, he says he's having the time of his life.

"It's fun. Because I was prepared and paranoid enough to guarantee I'd get the freedom that I wanted, it's been exactly what I expected, and I'm lucky to be in that position."