HollyD

WPB0130.jpg

Rufus walking back out for an ENCORE in Palm Beach

FUNNY STORY . . . . . .

REMEMBER the CRAZIES I have mentioned several times on here that we had met on MySpace - - - well . . . .

They were 2 gay guys . . . so HILARIOUS! And *sweet* - - - - one of them is ruthless by nature. TOTALLY oblivious and dosen't even care - probably cause he dosen't even know! :doh:

So as Rufus was walking back to do the encore . . . this GAY guy runs up to the stage and puts out a CD and sharpie for Rufus to sign . . . Rufus LOOKS at him, and puts his hand out like - hold on there buddy . . . laters -- I am still in performer mode. :roftl:

- - - so what does the guy do? NO - not turn around gracefully and walk back to his seat in front of THOUSANDS of people -- he THROWS the CD on the stage at Rufus! :lmao:

Even though Rufus did not DO it -- you could see him roll his eyes to himself - like GEEZ what is WITH this guy?

. . . to be continued

OMG!

Ahahahahahahahahaha :roftl::floor::das:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WPB0130.jpg

Rufus walking back out for an ENCORE in Palm Beach

FUNNY STORY . . . . . .

REMEMBER the CRAZIES I have mentioned several times on here that we had met on MySpace - - - well . . . .

They were 2 gay guys . . . so HILARIOUS! And *sweet* - - - - one of them is ruthless by nature. TOTALLY oblivious and dosen't even care - probably cause he dosen't even know! :doh:

So as Rufus was walking back to do the encore . . . this GAY guy runs up to the stage and puts out a CD and sharpie for Rufus to sign . . . Rufus LOOKS at him, and puts his hand out like - hold on there buddy . . . laters -- I am still in performer mode. :roftl:

- - - so what does the guy do? NO - not turn around gracefully and walk back to his seat in front of THOUSANDS of people -- he THROWS the CD on the stage at Rufus! :lmao:

Even though Rufus did not DO it -- you could see him roll his eyes to himself - like GEEZ what is WITH this guy?

. . . to be continued

my eyes must have been glazed over, or something, cause i didn't notice him doing that. of course i found out afterward. that man is caraaaazzzzy.

True, we should send this all to him when he's got a cold and in bed with nothing else to do (when he will call me to look after him) so he feels better for all the good vibes :wink2:

I so envy you, I would love to meet Rufus or Mika (or Dita Von Teese or Katie Melua for that matter as well) even ONCE and be able to experience that.

I look at Rufus and I think "He's a beautiful person." but I read what you say and I think "He's an amazing and all-things-beyond-beautiful person!"

*thanks holy Johnn for FCs*

Rufus is such an enchanting, charismatic person to read about and see perform through a computer, I can only imagine what he must be like to be near in RL.

But me and RL are still on bad terms. I don't want to be it's friend

Wubs Ruru! :wub2:

And wubs Holly :huglove:

uummm . . . that is a brilliant idea!!!! :naughty: Ru Sick with nothing to do . . . here read all about how your fans ADORE you, it will make you feel better in no time! The power of the adoring fans can make it all go away faster then nyquil! :roftl:

Even though you and Rl are on bad terms - don't worry! ONE sweet day, when you least expect it you will get your chance to meet one/some of them! And ALL YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE!

. . . thank you! And I am SO glad that I have given you a whole new perspective on how AH-MAZING RuRu truly is! As much as I have written, you must understand . . . he is EVEN more!

:huglove: Wub you too - and SO does RuRu! :wink2:

my eyes must have been glazed over, or something, cause i didn't notice him doing that. of course i found out afterward. that man is caraaaazzzzy.

I can't beleive you MISSED it - it was PRICELESS! When I saw him run up to the stage my heart was in my throat . . . I was like OMFG - WHAT is he doing? Is he about to jump on the stage and try to get some :chkn: ?

uummm . . . that is a brilliant idea!!!! :naughty : Ru Sick with nothing to do . . . here read all about how your fans ADORE you, it will make you feel better in no time! The power of the adoring fans can make it all go away faster then nyquil! :roftl:

Even though you and Rl are on bad terms - don't worry! ONE sweet day, when you least expect it you will get your chance to meet one/some of them! And ALL YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE!

. . . thank you! And I am SO glad that I have given you a whole new perspective on how AH-MAZING RuRu truly is! As much as I have written, you must understand . . . he is EVEN more!

:huglove: Wub you too - and SO does RuRu! :wink2:

Hahaha who doesn't like to see how much everyone loves them when they're down!

I have an even BETTER idea: We can send him good vibes now so he doesn't get sick in the first place!

But the he won't read this or any of his other fans' posts' :tears: Guess we're not all blessed with the power to have our cakes and loose weight too LOL

Ruru is up there with Mika for me. And when I decide I want something done, believe me, IT GETS DONE!

So I'm going to become famous and have a FC half as cool as MFC and then I'll invite you all to lunch at my big, purple palace where my special guests will be Mika and Rufus among others!

You're all invited :D

I think I'm going to go and check out all the RuRu interviews on YT as soon as I get the time!

I think you've started something here Holly :roftl:

RuRu loves me! *melts*

:wub2:

There are some EVEN better pics - like that one! Rufus is SO passionate live . . . I think he tries to kill the audience. They REALLY should have paramedics on hand at all times! :stretcher:

Well that's just not very nice of him, is it? :naughty:

Even as a non-fan I reckon he's got an amazing voice... and it doesn't hurt that he's good looking...

:cheers: here here!

If I could SEE into anyone's mind for the briefest of moments - I would choose Rufus. . . his mind really is a beautiful thing. HOW he envisions and makes happen the music in his head is beyond all belief or dreams to me. He is SO talented. JUST that pure raw undeniable talent that can only come from above. There are ALOT of talented Wainwright's in this world - - - but Rufus takes the cake, . . . and eats it too! :naughty:

The whole family is talented like that right?

Hahaha who doesn't like to see how much everyone loves them when they're down!

I have an even BETTER idea: We can send him good vibes now so he doesn't get sick in the first place!

But the he won't read this or any of his other fans' posts' :tears: Guess we're not all blessed with the power to have our cakes and loose weight too LOL

Ruru is up there with Mika for me. And when I decide I want something done, believe me, IT GETS DONE!

So I'm going to become famous and have a FC half as cool as MFC and then I'll invite you all to lunch at my big, purple palace where my special guests will be Mika and Rufus among others!

You're all invited

I think I'm going to go and check out all the RuRu interviews on YT as soon as I get the time!

I think you've started something here Holly :roftl:

RuRu loves me! *melts*

:wub2:

Rufus is right there with Mika for me too! In fact although I like other music and stuff -- I do not consider myself a 'fan' of anyone except for Mika and Rufus. Well, I will eternally be a Freddie Mercury fan - but that goes without saying! :naughty: I love them both in different ways - but equally as strong! In some ways though I feel I am more passionate about Rufus! Rufus means more to me then I am able to express through words. I guess if you were around me - you would be able to see what I am talking about! Lord KNOWS Alex has seen it - probably too much of it! :roftl:

I L O V E Mika - LOVE his music - ADORE him as a person! Think he is brilliant and talented and a WONDERFUL human being! So funny and down-to-earth - he is simply AMAZING! I am SO proud to be a Mika fan!

--- then there is Rufus! He is all of those things that Mika is . . . and in his own way. But, in my heart and soul Rufus is alway present. He is SO much more to me then a dude who's album I listen to every day. HE IS A PART OF MY LIFE - he has his own peice his own place in my heart! ♥ I truly LOVE him. I mean LOVE him! . . . I MEAN L O V E him. Get it? :lmao:

The more I know about Rufus the more I love him -- so i guess I better stop cause my heart is about to EXPLODE as it is! That's it . . . I don't want to know anymore! I can't TAKE anymore! Rufus is the most overwhelming thing in my world.

. . . Of three things I was absolutely positive **********

FIRST - Rufus was gay

SECOND - there was a part of him, and I didn't know how dominent that part might be . . . that wished I would go away

and THIRD - I was unconditionally and irrevecably in love with him

:roftl:

Even as a non-fan I reckon he's got an amazing voice... and it doesn't hurt that he's good looking...

The whole family is talented like that right?

He does have an amazing voice - and it is SO unique too! And uumm. . . well - to me he is the MOST beautiful creature that I have ever laid my eyes upon! He is so beautiful my eyes BURN to look at him!

Yep the W H O L E family!!!! Mom - Dad - Sisters - Aunts -

*probably more that I don't even know about* :roftl:

:huglove: thank you so much for the link !!!

What a movie !!!! I travelled , I laughed, I was afraid, I cried with you.

Hope I'll can see Rufus on stage one day !

OH!!! That is So sweet!!!!

. . .I ADORE your words!

Next time he is in France you MUST not miss him!!! :huglove:

RuinFlorida-Nov08063.jpg

Rufus was complaining about Florida not passing the bill that allows Gay Couples to get married. And he was saying that Persomally HE did NOT want to get married - but, he Wholly supported ANY gay couples that did.

He is SO adorable - he kept saying it as to make it crystal CLEAR - pointing to himself - I don't want to get married - I DON'T WANT to get married! :wub2:

. . . I think that may have just given thousands of women in denial a sense of false hope! :roftl: - - - and a few gays too. :naughty:

This is a write up from a Miami jounalist about the Miami Beach show

link: http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/crossfade/2008/11/last_night_rufus_wainwright_at.php

Rufus Wainwright

November 8, 2008

The Jackie Gleason Theatre at the Fillmore Miami Beach

Better Than: Crooning a Storybook

They call it a Rubus. In theory, one suspects the thing is related to the centaur (half man/half horse), the mandrake (half man/half plant) and the Minotaur (half man/half bull); in practice it’s a helluva lot more practical than any of ‘em. I mean, beasts have always been burdensome rides and State Troopers don’t take kindly to mythological creatures tooling along on our highways. That’s not to say that this beastly creature isn’t mythological, but it is enough of a modern day hybrid to escape the scrutiny of most law enforcement officials.

It also happens to be the vehicle commandeered by a dozen European travelers in order to follow Rufus Wainwright as he treks across Florida. Rufus, for his part, was charmed by the effort. In fact, he “love it.” Or so he said from the stage anyway. Then again, if twelve rabid fans were on your tail day-in and day-out, you’d probably try to humor them too.

But after catching Wainwright’s set last night, I got the feeling this wasn’t the first gaggle to turn their devotion into obsession – and it undoubtedly won’t be the last.

From the get the obsession is evident, as is the devotion, and the crowd’s rousing roar quickly subsides into utter silence. Even I felt compelled to put a lid on myself, literally tip-toeing around the foot of the stage as I snapped off a few shots. Then I got down on one knee, and I prayed.

Okay, so I didn’t pray. But I sure did genuflect. And to be before Wainwright as he sits alone at the piano and croons through a few of his tunes was an honor worthy of the bow.

It also was without question the closest I’ve come to being silenced in probably forever, and you know what? – I didn’t mind it a bit. Every once in awhile it’s nice to just be still and listen, and if anything, Rufus instills listening.

One of those “Boardies” on the Rubus surely knows better than I which song followed which in Rufus’s set, though if they were at all as struck as I was, keeping track of tracks was beside the point. I do recall him singing, in no particular order, “Nobody’s Off the Hook,” “Little Sister,” and “Sansouci,” surely the only pop song ever sung about Frederick the Great’s Potsdam palace.

And I do remember cheering along with everyone else when Wainwright switched the lyrics of “Going to a Town” from “I’m so tired of America” to “I’m not tired of America.” Yes, like every other sane person in the world, Wainwright’s truly psyched that Obama won the U.S. presidential election. And though later in the song he did voice his displeasure at both California and Florida for coming out against gay marriage, Rufus pretty much remained basking in a robust post-election glow.

Still, “I believe in freedom,” he said when the song ended. And how both states refused to sanction such a thing especially after such a victory seemed to have puzzled Rufus almost as much as it did me.

Anyway I also recall Rufus telling the house about those crazy folks and their Rubus, and him honoring the followers’ request to sing something from Sonnets, his upcoming collaboration with the inimitable Robert Wilson. And I recall too that Rufus prefaced this singing of Shakespeare with a quick reading of the sonnet itself, and that he ****ed-up the chorus of the song, had to begin again and still never lost any momentum.

Mostly though I recall lines of lyrics that twist and soar and sneak and peek and dip and turn and twirl with a grace and a beauty seldom found in something as seemingly banal as pop music. I remember being thrilled when he sealed the set with Poses’ “Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk,” chilled when he encored with Want One’s “Dinner at Eight,” and, finally, completely stilled as he followed with a rapturous rendition of Leonard Cohen’s classic “Hallelujah.” And then I distinctly remember thinking there could be no better end to a perfect evening of song.

Critic's Notebook

Personal Bias: Smart pop always makes me feel less dumb.

Random Detail: Wainwright wore sandals, which is the only thing I would’ve had him change.

By the Way: I was a little disappointed that Rufus didn’t sing “Do I Disappoint You,” which is one of my favorites. But the cat’s so damn endearing, it’s kinda difficult to be disappointed with him for anything, at least for long anyway.

-- John Hood

. . . from the Palm Beach Post

Rufus Wainwright at the Kravis Center: The Best Show You Didn't See

"I thought that West Palm Beach people might be a little subdued," Rufus Wainright complimented the relatively small but extraordinarily vocally appreciative audience at the Kravis Center Sunday night. "But you're proving me wrong so far."

The Canadian-raised scion of folk legends Loudon Wainwright III and Kate McGarrigle, possessed of one of the most clear, pure voices currently recording, was in a breezy, chatty mood during his approximately 90-minute solo set, during which he alternated between the piano and the guitar.

The show, he'd said, was a welcome return to simplicity between his series of Judy Garland concert recreations and "Prima Donna," the opera he's currently writing. The solo respite seemed to be working - Wainwright was apparently in a good mood, buzzing amiably about the recent presidential election, fans and Florida.

The state got a few mentions both complimentary and not-so-much. During that night's performance of "Going To A Town," whose recorded version mourns the openly gay singer's disenchantment with his home and his quest for a more understanding place ("I'm so tired of you, America"), Barack Obama supporter Wainwright reversed his decision.

"I'm not tired of you, America," he sang, to the cheers of the crowd, before adding "I'm so tired of California" and finally, apologetically, "Sorry...I'm so tired of you, Florida," presumably in reference to the rejection of gay marriage by voters in those two states.

"I personally don't (want to get married)," he explained, smiling, "but I'll go to your weddings."

Wainwright's audience, presumably, were not among those voters, and their cheers and frequent bellows of approval ("We love you, Rufus!") confirmed that. The singer acknowledged a particularly loyal group of fans traveling on a vehicle dubbed "The Ru Bus," following his tour around the country.

His set list contained songs from his past original albums, including "Poses," the sweet "Little Sister," dedicated to his own sibling "and all the sisters," and the always witty "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk," that came during the encore along with his still-moving cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah."

Annoyingly, something typical of the Kravis Center also occurred during the encore - that mass-exodus to flee to the valet parking before anyone else does. Of course, the show was unfortunately under-attended, so the wait couldn't have been that long. It's rude, guys, really. The singer can see you, the other audience members can see you, and the fact that you can't see that you're being rude is appalling.

Wainwright didn't mention the walkers, and was still in a good mood by the end of the show. But he did have a sweet suggestion for those who remained.

"Thanks! Good night!" he said. "And next time, bring some of your friends!"

. . . another write-up - Rufus is HILARIOUS!

Rufus Wainwright, who last summer sang in Denver at a gay-rights fundraiser during the Democratic National Convention, is preparing for three South Florida performances to be held days after the Nov. 4 election.

''There'll be a lot to talk about,'' says Wainwright, who built a following with compositions such as Gay Messiah. ``It's either going to be a comic or tragic show. Or both.''

Wainwright, 35, will appear Nov. 7 in Melbourne, Nov. 8 in Miami Beach and Nov. 9 in West Palm Beach.

''I play piano or guitar, the set changes each night depending on the weather, the mood of the town or my own personal feelings,'' he said by phone from New York.

One thing Wainwright assures: He won't be singing the songs of Judy Garland.

In 2006 and '07, Wainwright caused a stir when he re-created her entire 1961 Carnegie Hall concert at venues around the world -- sometimes dressed in Garland's trademark men's tuxedo jacket, black stockings and high heels.

''I can't do that alone with the piano,'' he said. ``You can't give it all away.''

:das: