mfcbear.jpg

Since most people are aware of the project now, the rules and information have been removed from this space. If you are unclear on them or wish to know more, please contact me (pinkunicorn123) or a senior member (as found in 'The Team' section) for a copy of the rules, info or to find answers to any questions you may have.

The List

The Person Who Has The Bear Will Appear In Bold.

'Traveling' will be added between two bold names where the bear is in motion.

Pinkunicorn123 -- England

Sarah_Loves_Mika -- England

Bexxy -- England

ThatRadFreak -- England

Becky -- England

Melman92 -- France/Brixon Academy 26th February

Petra -- Germany/Brixon Academy 26th February

Sienna -- Sweden

Kalas -- Sweden

Femifrosk -- Norway

Savage Beauty -- Norway

Diana -- Netherlands

Lollipop_monkey -- Canada

Finkster -- New Jersey, USA

Foalbaby14 -- Florida, USA

Musicfreak -- Florida, USA

England -- USA

Queenmikamop16 -- USA

Norwalk174 -- Iowa, USA

Buni_Suit_Classix -- Pennsylvania, USA

Lucy - New Jersey, USA

Jesyka14 - Philadelphia (USA)

LadyGodiva (USA)

Lilmot -- Seattle, USA/Seattle 14th February/Vancouver 15th February

Tomomi -- Japan

Space -- Hong Kong

Mika_baby -- Taiwan

RosinaKiwi -- New Zealand

Soangel -- Australia

Oakie Doke -- Australia

~Ana~ -- Mexico

xBillyBrownx - Egypt

Sparkly1 -- England/Brixon Academy 26th February

SkullyRox -- England

Mac1718 -- England

Mika, I love you -- England

Haeschen02 -- Germany

violetsky - Switzerland

KamIva - Poland

polish-girl - Poland

Joana - Portugal

Sonjalovestoday - Iceland (I think)

Nielo - The Netherlands

Blue - The Netherlands

rockinbabzz - The Netherlands

Mozarella - From Sweden -

Ioana - Germany

Mikafish - Wales

Members who have been a part of this project who have pulled out of the list for the moment:

MikaRMS

The Team:-

Pinkunicorn123 - Founder / Project Manager

Petra - Leading Senior Member

Oakie Doke - Senior Member - Leading Website Designer and BCS - West Australia

Ohwowitsnicka - Standby Website Designer

Riverstwilight - Editor

Phunkygal - Humphrey Fashion Design

Soangel - By Country Support - East Australia

IngievV - Standby Graphic Design

Sarah_loves_mika - Standby Senior Member

Vacancies!:-

As this project grows it has become clear to us that for the project to run smoothly we need to have a strong team in charge of the project.

Because of this, i am now opening up the 'team' to new applicants. There are also some new categories of roles in which team members can take.

If you think you fit the criteria then please send me (pinkunicorn123) a message.

It is critical that any member applying to be part of the team of those who run this project is mature, trust worthy, reliable and hard working. The project is already quite large and is growing by the day so i want to know that the people keeping it together are not abusing privilages and are doing the jobs they are supposed to.

To be part of the team, aside from the traits mentioned above, you must also be on the list to recieve and pass on the bear. We would request that members who's join time is under 2 months old or with under 150 messages do not apply to help.

Job categories, descriptions and availability:

Senior Member:

Senior members are elected to the possition by myself (pinkunicorn123) only.

It is an important role and therefore a rare one.

Senior members are the only part of the team allowed to directly PM members about the project. They also have access to information, lists, data and usb items from the project.

Senior members are involved with a variety of things to do with the traveling bear thread, some of which include the general supervising the running of the project, uploading items from the usb, making sure that users are keeping with the rules stated on the usb, dealing with questions, complaints, problems and any other issues that have until now been dealt with by me.

Number of places currently available: 1

By Country Support:

As the Humphrey is traveling, we need to know that someone is aware of the status of the elephant at all times. There will need to be atleast one mfcer in charge of the bear whilst in a certain country at any given time.

Members can go to this mfcer with any questions which they can answer or if a senior member is not available.

By Country Support can also be used if the bear is lost in transit, or if the usb is full or if the bear is damaged and the member cannot afford the higher cost of sending it back to the UK to be repaired/replaced or for the usb to be uploaded.

Number or places currently available:

For the moment, to begin with, we require the following:

By Country Support for Canada (x4), North American (x3), South American (x3), Europe (x4), Asia (x3)

Website Designers:

After the success of the myspace, we are in the process of forming a website purely for Humphrey, so not just a profile on a social networking site.

Ohwowitsnicka is leading this process and requires a team to help build the it.

I have yet to discuss fully with her how much help she requires and in what specific places, so until then, positions are available for 'general help' or for those with web design knowledge wanting to be assigned an area.

Number of places currently available: 1 (Layout)

Graphic Design:

Graphic design should not be confused with the web design category.

For this area we need those who wish to help create project related graphics such as signatures, avatars, banners, adverts, badges, etc.

If you have a flare for design and are used to using editing programs such as photoshop then please step forward.

Number of places currently available: 2

Translators:

I think it is obvious to everyone by now that the elephant is traveling.

Therefore when it visits different members, English may not be a first language, or indeed a strong point. Therefore we are looking to include translations for the rules and info both online and on the usb.

If you are happy to translate these articles as well as providing translated text for those involved with graphic design, then we want you :)

Number of places currently available: Open

To apply for any of these positions or to find out more, please PM pinkunicorn123 or a senior member.

If you do not find a position that suits you, watch this space - more will be added soon.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ! That porject is just fantastic!I'm interested in it whether it's for sending/receiving the bear or help for the project but

1) Lack of time

2) Lack of money (but I can still try to do it :) )

No worries, the list is generally going to be in keeping with joining times. However in the interest of including everyone i will move one or two people around, for example, i could put you next to someone from France, therefore the postage cost will be substantially cheaper compared so sending to Hong Kong for instance.

As for the time, the bear is only designed to make people smile, and have a few pictures, take it to your office/school/town centre/local coffee shop if you have to - it really doesnt matter :)

If that would help, please let me know if and when you join.

No worries, the list is generally going to be in keeping with joining times. However in the interest of including everyone i will move one or two people around, for example, i could put you next to someone from France, therefore the postage cost will be substantially cheaper compared so sending to Hong Kong for instance.

As for the time, the bear is only designed to make people smile, and have a few pictures, take it to your office/school/town centre/local coffee shop if you have to - it really doesnt matter :)

If that would help, please let me know if and when you join.

Well,I'm joining it for now (but it's not 100%sure more like 75%). I'll take the bear to the eiffel tower! :lmfao:

when is it gonna start ?:biggrin2:

Well,I'm joining it for now (but it's not 100%sure more like 75%). I'll take the bear to the eiffel tower! :lmfao:

when is it gonna start ?:biggrin2:

It will start in the new year, around January the 7-14th. So keep an eye out on the list on the front page to see where the bear is, and when it will be with you.

How many pictures are you allowed to take?

And I've never used a USB :blush-anim-cl: .

Okay, i will also include some instructions for the usb.

All pcs have usb slots, so all you have to do is stick it in and save a file to it. You can view the other files the same as you would a cd with data or a floppy disk. No programs need to be installed.

I will send off quite a large USB, i think about 5gb.

So long as you keep the photo size small, it should hold alot. For example, a 5gb can hold around 1000 songs.

When the USB is full, it will be sent back to me.

Okay, i will also include some instructions for the usb.

All pcs have usb slots, so all you have to do is stick it in and save a file to it. You can view the other files the same as you would a cd with data or a floppy disk. No programs need to be installed.

I will send off quite a large USB, i think about 5gb.

So long as you keep the photo size small, it should hold alot. For example, a 5gb can hold around 1000 songs.

When the USB is full, it will be sent back to me.

Okay, thanks for informing me !

I'd love to take part, I think the idea is great!

I'll PM ya!:thumb_yello:

It will start in the new year, around January the 7-14th. So keep an eye out on the list on the front page to see where the bear is, and when it will be with you.

okay! Can I have it around the 26th Feb ? I'll be goign to a gig so I could hand it to someone also at the gig!

Excellent - if you cant give me the gig name in particular im sure we can sort something out.

Well I'm going to the gig on Feb 26th at Brixton Academy but I can send the bear by mail if it's not too far but I'm still not a 100% sure I can do it *crosses fingers*