Chile: Mika armó una fiesta en su debut en Santiago (El Mercurio newspaper)18-NOV-10

Blue Sky

Mika armó una fiesta en su debut en Santiago (El Mercurio newspaper)

http://diario.elmercurio.cl/2010/11/18/espectaculos/musica/noticias/f587ee14-02ec-472d-b5a5-bb048bf929a8.htm

El músico se presentó ayer en Espacio Riesco, abriendo el festival SUE, que anoche cerraba Scissor Sisters y que continúa hoy.

DANIELA LAGOS

No importó que Espacio Riesco sólo estuviera a medio llenar. Bastó que Mika entrara saltando al escenario para que la fiesta empezara. A las 22:30 horas de anoche el cantante inglés nacido en Beirut empezó su primer show en Chile, inaugurando también una nueva edición del festival SUE, que sigue hoy con Thievery Corporation y Massive Attack. "Relax, take it easy" fue la primera canción que despachó el cantante, famoso por sus melodías pop y falsete, que en vivo no falla una nota.

Juan Yarur estaba entre el público que por los siguientes 80 minutos bailó y cantó cada éxito despachado por el cantante que fue acompañado por cinco músicos, y dejó para el final éxitos como "We are golden" y su carta de presentación en el mundo del pop, "Grace Kelly".

También le habló en español a su audiencia. "Santiago, ¿estás listo para bailar? ¿Quieres cantar?", fue uno de los primeros saludos del músico, que puso un telón de flores sobre el fondo del escenario. El público, devoto y entusiasta, demostró que la respuesta era un rotundo sí.

A eso de la medianoche se esperaba la salida a escena del grupo Scissor Sisters, que también hacía su debut en Chile con este show.

See below for Sara's translation!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mika armó una fiesta en su debut en Santiago (El Mercurio newspaper)

http://diario.elmercurio.cl/2010/11/18/espectaculos/musica/noticias/f587ee14-02ec-472d-b5a5-bb048bf929a8.htm

El músico se presentó ayer en Espacio Riesco, abriendo el festival SUE, que anoche cerraba Scissor Sisters y que continúa hoy.

DANIELA LAGOS

No importó que Espacio Riesco sólo estuviera a medio llenar. Bastó que Mika entrara saltando al escenario para que la fiesta empezara. A las 22:30 horas de anoche el cantante inglés nacido en Beirut empezó su primer show en Chile, inaugurando también una nueva edición del festival SUE, que sigue hoy con Thievery Corporation y Massive Attack. "Relax, take it easy" fue la primera canción que despachó el cantante, famoso por sus melodías pop y falsete, que en vivo no falla una nota.

Juan Yarur estaba entre el público que por los siguientes 80 minutos bailó y cantó cada éxito despachado por el cantante que fue acompañado por cinco músicos, y dejó para el final éxitos como "We are golden" y su carta de presentación en el mundo del pop, "Grace Kelly".

También le habló en español a su audiencia. "Santiago, ¿estás listo para bailar? ¿Quieres cantar?", fue uno de los primeros saludos del músico, que puso un telón de flores sobre el fondo del escenario. El público, devoto y entusiasta, demostró que la respuesta era un rotundo sí.

A eso de la medianoche se esperaba la salida a escena del grupo Scissor Sisters, que también hacía su debut en Chile con este show.

My own translation now :naughty:, in case someone fancies a "real person" type thing. As it was short, I thought I'd give it a go.

Mika puts on a party for his debut in Santiago

The musician performed in Espacio Riesco yesterday, opening the SUE Festival which was closed by Scissor Sisters last night and carries on today.

DANIELA LAGOS

It didn’t matter that Espacio Riesco was only half full. Once Mika came out jumping on stage, the party started. At 22:30 last night, the English singer born in Beirut started his first ever show in Chile, also opening a new edition of the SUE Festival, which carries on today with Thievery Corporation and Massive Attack.

“Relax” was the first song that the singer (famous for his pop melodies and falsetto and who never misses a note live) performed. Juan Yarur was in an audience which, for the next 80 minutes, sung and danced to every hit which the singer and his 5 musicians performed. He left hits like “We Are Golden” and his debut into the pop world “Grace Kelly” for the end.

He also spoke Spanish to his audience. “Santiago, are you ready to dance? Do you want to sing?” were some of the first greetings from the singer, who put a backdrop of flowers on stage. The devoted and enthusiastic audience showed that the answer was a massive “yes”. Around midnight, the Scissor Sisters, who were also performing their first ever show in Chile last night. were expected to go on stage.

My own translation now :naughty:, in case someone fancies a "real person" type thing. As it was short, I thought I'd give it a go.

The musician performed in Espacio Riesco yesterday, opening the SUE Festival which was closed by Scissor Sisters last night and carries on today.

DANIELA LAGOS

It didn’t matter that Espacio Riesco was only half full. Once Mika came out jumping on stage, the party started. At 22:30 last night, the English singer born in Beirut started his first ever show in Chile, also opening a new edition of the SUE Festival, which carries on today with Thievery Corporation and Massive Attack.

“Relax” was the first song that the singer (famous for his pop melodies and falsetto and who never misses a note live) performed. Juan Yarur was in an audience which, for the next 80 minutes, sung and danced to every hit which the singer and his 5 musicians performed. He left hits like “We Are Golden” and his debut into the pop world “Grace Kelly” for the end.

He also spoke Spanish to his audience. “Santiago, are you ready to dance? Do you want to sing?” were some of the first greetings from the singer, who put a backdrop of flowers on stage. The devoted and enthusiastic audience showed that the answer was a massive “yes”. Around midnight, the Scissor Sisters, who were also performing their first ever show in Chile last night. were expected to go on stage.

I don't like that :no:

But seems the other half had a blast!!

Those who are absent always get the blame :shun:

Anyway, thanks for the link & translation

DANIELA LAGOS

"Never misses a note live"

Yes, we are all aware of that!!

Thanks for the translation. It was brill!!

DANIELA LAGOS

Thank you for the translation!:thumb_yello:

Archived