MIKA in Liège, Belgium - Festival Les Ardentes - 10 July 2011

Christine

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I was wondering if anyone (from around Gent, or who needs to pass Gent) has an idea already on how to get there and get back :aah:

I don't really feel like going alone and my parents won't let me leave if I need to get back all on my own in the middle of the night, which I prefer not to do :aah:

Ilse looked at the trains and the last one was at 11pm, but the next one was at 4:45 am or something. so I was thinking: Mika stops around 0:30

probably, we'll wait a bit to see if we might have a m&g so I'm guessing we certainly won't leave the festival before 1:30 am

I looked if there were any bars etc in the station, but i couldn't find anything, but I'm guessing there will be some eating/drinking possibilities there, since it's a big station, no idea tho if some of those will be open at night :aah:

but well, in case we really really really don't find anything where we can go spend those few hours waiting for a train, I don't think the station is such a bad place to spend them, since it's quite a nice station. I love the architecture of it :wub2:

but that's not my point :mf_rosetinted::aah:

so I was just wondering if any of you is planning on doing the same thing and taking the train back home at night?

spoiled woman :mf_rosetinted:

I"m going by car with my daughter so if you want to come along I will take you back and you can stay here and go back in the morning.by train it's not difficult from where I live it's in Geel.

I"m going by car with my daughter so if you want to come along I will take you back and you can stay here and go back in the morning.by train it's not difficult from where I live it's in Geel.

it's very kind of you to offer :biggrin2: but it would be better for me to return home the same night, as I will need to pack my bags for a trip on monday :aah:

But I think there are a few others who might be returning the same evening and are heading in the same direction as me :thumb_yello:

Well, my dad and stephmother are coming with me and we can go by car but my friends are coming too so we don't have enough space in one car :sneaky2: and sice there are no trains that late, we also don't know what to do :aah:

where are you from?

I think I'll be going back with the earliest train, probably together with a few others!

it's very kind of you to offer :biggrin2: but it would be better for me to return home the same night, as I will need to pack my bags for a trip on monday :aah:

But I think there are a few others who might be returning the same evening and are heading in the same direction as me :thumb_yello:

where are you from?

I think I'll be going back with the earliest train, probably together with a few others!

I'm from Aalst, but I don't think we'll take the earliest train because maybe my stephborther will also come with us and he's only 11 so he's a bit to young to wait for a train the whole night ...

I'm from Aalst, but I don't think we'll take the earliest train because maybe my stephborther will also come with us and he's only 11 so he's a bit to young to wait for a train the whole night ...

hmmm yeah.

But you could perhaps always come with me to go to the festival if you like

I'm from Haaltert, so :biggrin2:

:aah: I always say Aalst normally, since nobody knows Haaltert, or Denderhoutem :aah:

But you know, you can always join me if you want to :thumb_yello:

Yeah, actually I live in erondegem (with my dad) and herdersem (with my mom) but I always say Aalst too :aah: I'm going to school there and I spend a lot of time there so for me, I live in Aalst :aah:

How are you going to les ardentes, by train?

Yeah, actually I live in erondegem (with my dad) and herdersem (with my mom) but I always say Aalst too :aah: I'm going to school there and I spend a lot of time there so for me, I live in Aalst :aah:

How are you going to les ardentes, by train?

yes, I'm going with the train! together, probably with a few other people from MFC

where are you from?

It's ok, see you there. If there's someone who needs a lift I still have some place left in my car.

Hmm .. there still seem to be tickets ..

I wish I knew where my life would be in July ... Pfffff .. :aah:

Anyone any idea about parking your car? Just in case ... :mf_rosetinted:

I've got the feeling that I haven't seen you for quite a while! Or for ages, like my oldest just said! How are you? Would love to see you in Liege again!

But it's a good question, one I also would like to know the answer of!

Ooooooooh, I know, it's been a while :blush-anim-cl:

I think since december it just all faded away a bit ... and then I got RL-problems etc. so well ... Sometimes life doesn't go the way you want it to go :aah:

Hi, I was just reading through the thread and just thought I would point something out. I know from experience of wandering about in the middle of the night after gigs that train stations are not always open right though the night. They often close for two or three hours between 1am and 3 or 4. This is A) for cleaning and B) to stop people from spending the night there. I obviously don't know if this is the case here but just wanted to bring it to your attention just in case.

I'm trying to look if there's a possibility to park your car :thumb_yello:

you need to come!!!!

edit: just checked the website, and I must say: I don't have a clue, it says something about going by car but not about parking. and I don't fully understand the bus part either? are that special busses who will drive all day or are that normal busses who happen to pass by the festival and don't drive in the middle of the night???

Hi, I was just reading through the thread and just thought I would point something out. I know from experience of wandering about in the middle of the night after gigs that train stations are not always open right though the night. They often close for two or three hours between 1am and 3 or 4. This is A) for cleaning and B) to stop people from spending the night there. I obviously don't know if this is the case here but just wanted to bring it to your attention just in case.

hmm yeah, I thought about that too, but I found some more info on a site about the station, and it said:"time when the reception of disabled people is possible from 00:00 til 23:59.

so can we assume this means the station is open 24/7?

Archived