Mika @ Way Out West CANCELLED

radiodelicate

Just got the news! WOW have been cancelled too! But they say it's not because of any illness, but that the Goodmorning America simply was too important.

Seems weird tho that they couldn't re-schedule him to the 11th instead...

http://www.wayoutwest.se/node/243

“I am really sorry I can’t make it this time round, I will be back soon to see all my Swedish fans. Thanks for all your support, see you soon.â€

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the news! WOW have been cancelled too! But they say it's not because of any illness, but that the Goodmorning America simply was too important.

Seems weird tho that they couldn't re-schedule him to the 11th instead...

http://www.wayoutwest.se/node/243

“I am really sorry I can’t make it this time round, I will be back soon to see all my Swedish fans. Thanks for all your support, see you soon.â€

i doubt its a good idea to go to the USA and come back to europe a day after.....its like impossible i think...

and i think he is going to canada on the night of the 10th?

i doubt its a good idea to go to the USA and come back to europe a day after.....its like impossible i think...

and i think he is going to canada on the night of the 10th?

yeah.. I suppose you're right. But I was really hoping that they would re-schedule him for the 11th, up until I saw this.

ah well :tears:

An advise!!! Don't go to any festival if you want to see Mika! :thumbdown:

Go there only if you want it because of other artists! He wasn't there last week at Werchter.

If you know something about a cancellation, PM or add it on:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5821&highlight=missed+mika

yes, I'm lucky that I wanted to go to WOW even if Mika wouldn't be there.

I was just really looking forward to see him again.. I suppose I'll have to wait for December now...

We knew it was going to happen, the Good Morning America thing was announced weeks ago and then Canada came on the same day... But it's still sad for the people in northern Europe. :sad:

Yup, my advise would be the same: only go to a festival when you will enjoy the festival as a festival, not just for just one artist. It's a lot of money and you can be very disappointed when the artists finally doesn't show up.

We knew it was going to happen, the Good Morning America thing was announced weeks ago and then Canada came on the same day... But it's still sad for the people in northern Europe. :sad:

Yup, my advise would be the same: only go to a festival when you will enjoy the festival as a festival, not just for just one artist. It's a lot of money and you can be very disappointed when the artists finally doesn't show up.

but I think it's a bit weird, because WOW was afterall the event that was booked first

I tried to post but the server didn't let me. :boxed:

but I think it's a bit weird, because WOW was afterall the event that was booked first

I know what you mean... But maybe the management thought the US would be more important than a Swedish festival - for commercial reasons? Dunno...

I tried to post but the server didn't let me. :boxed:

I know what you mean... But maybe the management thought the US would be more important than a Swedish festival - for commercial reasons? Dunno...

yes, I think so too. but it still makes me upset, especially when they had already cancelled both Rix FM Festival and Nibe. It doesn't seem like the management gives a CRAP about Scandinavia :(

yes, I think so too. but it still makes me upset, especially when they had already cancelled both Rix FM Festival and Nibe. It doesn't seem like the management gives a CRAP about Scandinavia :(

i feel the same way, it's like we're not important anymore :( well i know that we are but you cant help but feel that way

I know! It was the same for Werchter and it was cancelled one week before!

I had bought my tickets but I hope you can enjoy the festival!

Werchter was great even if he wasn't there! :wink2:

I have to wait October to see him!

I won't buy tickets for other gigs which will happen before October because now I'm afraid the gigs I want to go will be cancelled!

I know! It was the same for Werchter and it was cancelled one week before!

I had bought my tickets but I hope you can enjoy the festival!

Werchter was great even if he wasn't there! :wink2:

I have to wait October to see him!

I won't buy tickets for other gigs which will happen before October because now I'm afraid the gigs I want to go will be cancelled!

Yes I will absolutely still enjoy WOW. many of my fav artists are going there, and the 2-day-ticket also gives us free entrance to many clubs and smaller gigs in the city. I will probably have a hell of a weeked :biggrin2:

haha, I'll be going to all the three London gigs in December, I mean, they can't ALL be cancelled ;)

i feel the same way, it's like we're not important anymore :( well i know that we are but you cant help but feel that way

I know! It seems he wants really really really sell records in USA and that nothing is important if he doesn't succeed with it!

yeah.. I suppose you're right. But I was really hoping that they would re-schedule him for the 11th, up until I saw this.

ah well :tears:

im sowwy :(

i feel sad for some reason....like it got cancel on me :boxed:

I know! It seems he wants really really really sell records in USA and that nothing is important if he doesn't succeed with it!

Hmm... don't blame it all on him personally. I think the management is playing a huge part in it.

And normally a 'proper' gig will be rescheduled if it is cancelled for some reason (illness, venue burning down etc.). That doesn't happen in case of a festival performance.

yes, I know..

I know that The Ark would play in their hometown once, but the venue burned down. But instead the town later arranged a big concert on the town square, free for everyone (they still payed the band of cource), to kind of.. make it up for everyone.. that was very sweet, and the concert was amazing.

Yes I will absolutely still enjoy WOW. many of my fav artists are going there, and the 2-day-ticket also gives us free entrance to many clubs and smaller gigs in the city. I will probably have a hell of a weeked :biggrin2:

haha, I'll be going to all the three London gigs in December, I mean, they can't ALL be cancelled ;)

:biggrin2: It can't be cancelled in England! It has never happened!

:naughty:

Where do you go? When? I'm thinking about it too because many French people will go there!

:biggrin2: It can't be cancelled in England! It has never happened!

:naughty:

Where do you go? When? I'm thinking about it too because many French people will go there!

well, the gigs are 2,3 and 4 of december, so I suppose I'll be there 1-5 december :P will go by plane, it's the by far cheapest option from here