Mika @ Way Out West CANCELLED

radiodelicate

well, the gigs are 2,3 and 4 of december, so I suppose I'll be there 1-5 december :P will go by plane, it's the by far cheapest option from here

I'm thinking about December, 2nd!

Don't know how I will go there but I will think about it today! :naughty:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember when the WOW was announced, but we knew about GMA since at least a month ago (maybe more): why don't they check the schedule before taking any dates? at least this one has been canceled a month before, but it's being too frequent..:blink:

I don't remember when the WOW was announced, but we knew about GMA since at least a month ago (maybe more): why don't they check the schedule before taking any dates? at least this one has been canceled a month before, but it's being too frequent..:blink:

not sure, but he was one of the first artists they announced. I'd say a couple of months ago...

Hmm... don't blame it all on him personally. I think the management is playing a huge part in it.

True! And for the quote about him not canceling any gigs in London, if its true, then its probably because he lives there. I think maybe that plays a big part(forgive my sarcasm). Remember he's not a old artist he's new artist and money, time, and where you play your gigs is a huge thing when your starting out.

It really has to be at the discretion of the Label he's with. They want more than us for him to be successful. It's their money thats giving Mika the platform to even come out and do what he's doing, and I'm sure they want it all back too(and then come). Remember, everything they are doing for Mika is to receive the biggest result in Mika's career. They signed him when nobody else did,because they think he's great and marketable. So give them all a chance to do what they know how to do best. Fan are important but acquiring more fans are a little more important to reach tantamount success. I think thats what we all are hoping for,right?

I don't mean to seem critical, but he has done a few stints in the US, isn't it only fair that some other countries get a chance to see him perform. Why is is it so important to do Good Morning America? He hasn't done many talk shows here in the UK, only Graham Norton and Popworld that I remember.

It seems a shame that all the Scandanavian gigs are being sacrificed, I don't see that it's that important to break America so quickly, a lot of acts take a few years to work on it. This I think is why he is getting so worn out, flying back and forth like this from the US is tiring whether you are flying first class or not, and considering he keeps getting this ear infection maybe he's doing too much. At least the European legs he can do by train.

I'm not sayng he shouldn't do US promotion, just not to the detriment of other countries being left out.

I don't mean to seem critical, but he has done a few stints in the US, isn't it only fair that some other countries get a chance to see him perform. Why is is it so important to do Good Morning America? He hasn't done many talk shows here in the UK, only Graham Norton and Popworld that I remember.

It seems a shame that all the Scandanavian gigs are being sacrificed, I don't see that it's that important to break America so quickly, a lot of acts take a few years to work on it. This I think is why he is getting so worn out, flying back and forth like this from the US is tiring whether you are flying first class or not, and considering he keeps getting this ear infection maybe he's doing too much. At least the European legs he can do by train.

I'm not sayng he shouldn't do US promotion, just not to the detriment of other countries being left out.

In the end of the day it is money that makes the world go round, especially for the record company. Mika is not a big exception for them businesswise. And conquering the US has great potential to this operation considering sales figures and therefore profit. Sad but simple.

True! And for the quote about him not canceling any gigs in London, if its true, then its probably because he lives there. I think maybe that plays a big part(forgive my sarcasm). Remember he's not a old artist he's new artist and money, time, and where you play your gigs is a huge thing when your starting out.

It really has to be at the discretion of the Label he's with. They want more than us for him to be successful. It's their money thats giving Mika the platform to even come out and do what he's doing, and I'm sure they want it all back too(and then come). Remember, everything they are doing for Mika is to receive the biggest result in Mika's career. They signed him when nobody else did,because they think he's great and marketable. So give them all a chance to do what they know how to do best. Fan are important but acquiring more fans are a little more important to reach tantamount success. I think thats what we all are hoping for,right?

Yeah!

I think it will be hard for people who orgagnizes festivals to invite him again.

He's new and he cancelled a festival because of a TV show. He's the only one who cancelled at Werchter: Bjork, Peter Gabriel, The Chemical Brothers,... didn't cancel it.

It will be hard for him if he cancels everything without good reasons and if he cancells few time before. All was printed with his name at Werchter.

I don't think that the organization of the festivals will appreciate it! As I wrote before, HE'S NEW!!!

In the end of the day it is money that makes the world go round, especially for the record company. Mika is not a big exception for them businesswise. And conquering the US has great potential to this operation considering sales figures and therefore profit. Sad but simple.

So true!!!

Many artists do everything they can to be famous there. You know Robbie Williams decided few years ago to not sell his album in USA because the ones he made before didn't work there!

It's not like it's a surprise... Hope it's early enough for you to sell your tickets !

I guess Scndinavia is not commercial enough compared with NY GMA... It's getting all about the money, now, we should know that and be aware...

Oh God, I feel so bad.

I have never seen him. they wouldn't have let me in at Berns. I'm never gonna see him.

I hate this. I only got my ticket so I could see him. God, what am I to do with the ticket?? it was so expensive.

I am so pissed at Mika now... I don't like being pissed at him. :tears:

ohh....

I don't even know what to do.

so much money, for nothing. AND no Mika.

this isn't fair.

Oh God, I feel so bad.

I have never seen him. they wouldn't have let me in at Berns. I'm never gonna see him.

I hate this. I only got my ticket so I could see him. God, what am I to do with the ticket?? it was so expensive.

ohh....

this isn't fair.

I know, I feel the same. But try to sell the tickets, it's a very popular festival, so I'm sure you'll be able to get them sold..

And don't be mad at Mika, it's not his fault. He's doing his very best, but I think it's his management that **** things up.

I'm just hoping tha he eventually will have time for some holidays so he can rest, and then get back to us in Scandinavia with new and fresh gigs..

not much to do really :/

It's critical that he makes these US television appearances because he's not getting the radioplay in America that he automatically received in the UK. There are a couple of hundred million Americans who have still never heard his music. Mika did Jools Holland early on and I'm sure that was equally important to him at the time.

I don't think it is coming down to some countries = important, Scandanavia = not important. It is the actual events that have to be prioritized and most of the festivals are not top priority for him because most of the festival goers are not there just to see Mika. He's not scheduling these festivals, he just agrees to show up when it looks like it's going to fit in with what he's doing. But things change and they change very quickly.

Of course Mika and his management knew that when GMA was scheduled, he was already committed to WOW. But he's not going to turn down GMA to play a set at a festival and he's probably not in a position to renegotiate the date with GMA. He has probably been trying to renegotiate with WOW during this time and for all we know it is the WOW organizers who told him that the 11th was a no-go because they weren't prepared to move everyone else around to accommodate his late arrival. If Mika was scheduled for day one then it doesn't seem he's considered a major act for the festival. The situation is probably fairly mutual - Mika is not that important to the festival and the festival is not that important to Mika.

Realistically the only solid commitments Mika has are when he is headlining his own shows. He's only going to cancel them if he is ill, in which case he will reschedule. It doesn't matter whether it's a US tour or a Scandinavian tour. It's just a whole different circumstance than these festivals.

Oh God, I feel so bad.

ohh....

this isn't fair.

Sorry Monshi. I know how upset you've been about this whole situation. At least it's officially cancelled now so I really hope you've got enough time to sell your ticket and get your money back.

Hopefully Mika has plans to do a Scandinavian tour and you will see him soon. Don't give up hope!

Sorry Monshi. I know how upset you've been about this whole situation. At least it's officially cancelled now so I really hope you've got enough time to sell your ticket and get your money back.

Hopefully Mika has plans to do a Scandinavian tour and you will see him soon. Don't give up hope!

aww, thanx for those kind words Christine *hugs*

it's all very silly. I was so hopeful (I even started on a Bday present for him :roftl: I'm so silly!)

I'm gonna try sell the tickets *crosses finger* hopefully someone will buy them.

I really want to see him!! I wish I will sometime :tears:

I am sorry, monsh, and everyone, I GENUINELY feel about it and sorry for ya all.. this is getting more than annoying and unpleasant and o.c. there's nothing againist scandinavia directly, but I truly understand people there is loosing hopes.. so many cancellations.. I do am disappointed.

a hug, everyone.

I am sorry, monsh, and everyone, I GENUINELY feel about it and sorry for ya all.. this is getting more than annoying and unpleasant and o.c. there's nothing againist scandinavia directly, but I truly understand people there is loosing hopes.. so many cancellations.. I do am disappointed.

a hug, everyone.

aww Avoca *hugs hugs hugs*

thanx luv!

yeah, I mean seems like scandinavians are doomed :tears:

*group hug*

Just got the news! WOW have been cancelled too! But they say it's not because of any illness, but that the Goodmorning America simply was too important.

Seems weird tho that they couldn't re-schedule him to the 11th instead...

http://www.wayoutwest.se/node/243

“I am really sorry I can’t make it this time round, I will be back soon to see all my Swedish fans. Thanks for all your support, see you soon.â€

Mika isn't available on the 11th. It's the opening of the Art Exhibition and he'll be busy all day.

:thumb_yello: