MIKA on "SORRISI"

esperia75

update:

just asked the newsagent. apparently new issue was out today, so the old issue feat. mika's just been returned to distributor. :thumbdown: ain't I lucky..? :boxed:

the newsagent said he'll try and ask if I can order the back issue.

will get back to you over this. if I get my copy, you'll def. get the scans. :thumb_yello: even if esperia already posted some. :wink2:

what? nooo.. just when i thought i was getting lucky :sneaky2::(

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, my last week end in Tuscany has been with something magic for the whole time.

Last saturday I was in the smallest theatre of the World(99 sits), over Tuscany hills, for a concert of my fav (and for now almost unknown) band, The Actias Luna. You have to imagine a sunset over green hills, only green, blue, and medieval little houses hidden in the green. And there, harp, guitars, violin, viola, piano and drums were the "only" sound, both with the wind, the river flowing and the bird singing...

...But i have had to return to reality, on Monday. And in the Florence train station, lonely and sad (i have to leave there my boyf everytime, he's from tuscany), i sat near a metro paper dispencer waiting for an hour my train to Naples. And then, suddenly, bar radio broadcasts "Relax".

So I smiled, and thought it was better i read something. Then I took one free metro magazine...but, over there, someone has left this old "Sorrisi", from the last week ("Sorrisi and Canzoni" [smiles and Songs] is an important weekly magazine about TV programs, and it published also something about cinema, music and people). So, I took a look to it. And, while I was listening "Relax"...I had a copy of a magazine in my hand with Mika on it :biggrin2:

Strange things happen in the world :)

So my day turned to smile. At midday I was in Naples, and went to work smiling again and singing "relax":biggrin2:

That's all!

Thanks for that wonderful story. I find it so amazing how the little "Mika intrusions" happen at the most significant moments - almost like they're meant to happen and help me make crucial decisions, etc. If someone other than a Mika fan would read that they would probably think I'm nuts or something, but I think all you guys in here would understand what I'm getting at. There have been moments where I've been out and about in public with my i-pod on, and maybe a little depressed or anxious or distracted, and then one of his songs would come on at a point when I'm thinking something particularly dark, or making a difficult choice and it's almost like a hand on my shoulder and a voice in my ear and a whisper - "Hang on, there's more, you know".... Sometimes that's all you need to hear to hope.... when you're in the dark and you finally see a light in the distance... and you hope it's not just an oncoming train! Kidding!:biggrin2:Well, no, just about the train..

... Sometimes that's all you need to hear to hope.... when you're in the dark and you finally see a light in the distance... and you hope it's not just an oncoming train! Kidding!:biggrin2:Well, no, just about the train..

...You're right.

And, at the end...

He's a kind of magic :wub2:

Nice posting Esperia.:mf_rosetinted:

Love your descriptions of Tuscany etc. Meanwhile here in London it rains. But hey Mika may be just round the corner now.:cool:

I just love RELAX too - and the serendipity experience.

When I boarded the train to go to see Mika I also found free magazines full of pictures of Mika and of course gathered them all up. :thumb_yello:

Keep looking for the rainbow and the serendipity experience .. and

LOVE TODAY.:wub2:

Nice posting Esperia.:mf_rosetinted:

Love your descriptions of Tuscany etc. Meanwhile here in London it rains. But hey Mika may be just round the corner now.:cool:

I just love RELAX too - and the serendipity experience.

When I boarded the train to go to see Mika I also found free magazines full of pictures of Mika and of course gathered them all up. :thumb_yello:

Keep looking for the rainbow and the serendipity experience .. and

LOVE TODAY.:wub2:

I'm a lucky person, and for now I live in Naples yet, far from Tuscany, but I live on a hill, where there are few cars and a lot of animals, when the green of the nature runs down to the city, and dies only over the beach, kissing the blue sea...here people smile also when it rains...

...But some days nothing but Music is able to make me smiles and remember that there is always a good reason to live :)

I'm a lucky person, and for now I live in Naples yet, far from Tuscany, but I live on a hill, where there are few cars and a lot of animals, when the green of the nature runs down to the city, and dies only over the beach, kissing the blue sea...here people smile also when it rains...

...But some days nothing but Music is able to make me smiles and remember that there is always a good reason to live :)

I live in a very beautiful part of the world, too - North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada... I live on a mountain by the ocean - gorgeous views, possible to ski and golf in the same day! Not too shabby... People here are very friendly, temperate climate, easy way of life. :biggrin2: Just trying to figure out how to get Mika here....... :wink2:

I live in a very beautiful part of the world, too - North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada... I live on a mountain by the ocean - gorgeous views, possible to ski and golf in the same day! Not too shabby... People here are very friendly, temperate climate, easy way of life. :biggrin2: Just trying to figure out how to get Mika here....... :wink2:

...I hope to go there to you one day :)

Oh, I hope you do! Would love to meet you! What fun! Can you imagine that and a Mika concert too?? :wub2::blush-anim-cl: MIKAGASM!!!!:wub2::partytime2:

...I can imagine everything may come true when i put together MFC fans, Mika and a wonderful set :wub2:

I got hold of a copy of sorrisi and I can say I'm confused: I DO love the photo shoots, they're absolutely great!! and as far as I know, it's an exclusive session, or at least exclusive for the italian market. the photographer's name and studio name are def. italian.

but then why two half pages only to mika when you have such good and particular pics..? they hint in the article he's the new pop sensation and then when they have the chance to make a good article out of it, they don't.. :boxed:

I'll scan later the pics, though again, esperia did scan them. I'll try and scan them in a high res, as the pics are seriously small but seriously good, and I'll see if I can get a new bigger version to share.

I got hold of a copy of sorrisi and I can say I'm confused: I DO love the photo shoots, they're absolutely great!! and as far as I know, it's an exclusive session, or at least exclusive for the italian market. the photographer's name and studio name are def. italian.

but then why two half pages only to mika when you have such good and particular pics..? they hint in the article he's the new pop sensation and then when they have the chance to make a good article out of it, they don't.. :boxed:

I'll scan later the pics, though again, esperia did scan them. I'll try and scan them in a high res, as the pics are seriously small but seriously good, and I'll see if I can get a new bigger version to share.

Costz, is it impossible to find the original pics?

that's what i was thinking (find the original shots).. cause it's def. one photo sessions by that photographer. I am trying and scan tem but some are so tiny the high res requires like half an hour to complete one scan and still the quality is not the one I had hoped.. :boxed:

ok, I quickly googled for his name and I always find it associated with sorrisi, so he must be official photographer or smt..

I then googled the studio name but no luck.. I mean I didn't find any site of the studio or the photographer.. :boxed:

you may try and see if you are luckier than me, esperia..

photographer name IWAN PALOMBI

STUDIO PETROSINO

ok, I quickly googled for his name and I always find it associated with sorrisi, so he must be official photographer or smt..

I then googled the studio name but no luck.. I mean I didn't find any site of the studio or the photographer.. :boxed:

STUDIO PETROSINO

...I can try...:blink:

STUDIO PETROSINO

i tried this too cos i wanted the pics larger but no luck!!!! i found nothing! :thumbdown: