What do you think about Big Girls (You Are Beautiful) video ?

Yoppappop

So the title says it all... What do you think about it ?

If you haven't seen it yet, it's on youtube.

Personnally, i think it looks a bit "cheap" :blink: It's not bad, that's not what i mean, but yeah, cheap... I don't really like it, though...

What about you ? Putting apart the fact that you're in it :naughty: (if you are)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know what you mean about looking cheap. It certainly isn't an expensive, glossy production like maybe GK and LT were. But I kinda think it has charm, and colour and Big Girls ;)

Actually I really liked it! It was fun and it made me chuckle. It looked like a scream to do, and I love the look on the peoples faces in the market :naughty: It just looked like everybody was having a really great time and that made me smile :biggrin2:

I absolutely loved it!:wub2: yeah it was different than the others...but it was full with happiness! I was watching the video and just smiling all the time:biggrin2: It was so powerful and Mika...there are no words could describe how cute he was!!!!

I really liked it! :thumb_yello:

I think it looked fun, real and charming.

Certainly not your "big production" type deal, but that's what made it so distinctive. I also liked the bystanders' reactions.... :shocked::biggrin2::wink2: So genuine! And Mika as a type of Pied Piper - just so different and creative. All in all quite well done!:biggrin2:

i guess the opinions will kinda differ depending if u were in it or not? but i can see why u don't like it much.. i don't know if i'd enjoy it any more if i weren't in the vid.. at this stage i can't tell.. but i'll wait til it comes on tv.. hopefully this week *crosses fingers*

My fav so far is the Relax one, the one made up with images of the live at Koko and some of his sister and his arts, and i didn't really like the Love Today one (but i prefer the LT one to that one)... So it's not like i prefer big production videos :bleh:

But just talking about this one, maybe i have to see it on TV, not on youtube... But from what i see, i'm not "a fan" of it...

i can see what you mean. i liked it, but it didnt seem exciting enough for mika! it was colourful,but there was none of his worl-famous girating and crazy injury causing ( i kid you not) dancing. i think it was a bit of a cop out. but i loved the big girls - it was very unusual!

Personnally, i think it looks a bit "cheap" :blink: It's not bad, that's not what i mean, but yeah, cheap... I don't really like it, though...

What about you ? Putting apart the fact that you're in it :naughty: (if you are)

I was thinking the same, but i didnt want to say anything... :blush-anim-cl:

I mean i like it, but i like Love today and Grace Kelly more :]

But its still a pretty good video i love all the dancing, the colors and what not :]]

I've watched the video twice & Honestly I'm a bit desapointed....I know many of you love it...maybe I was wainting too much from it...

I'll try my best to explain myself in a good english:

Well I'm not a producer or anything like that but when I watch it, I have the feelin that they did this video coz they have to...

Mika always looks great & cute but here I just wanna talk about the video, I understand what could have been the idea behind, but I dont like the realisation.

In my opinion, the concept doesn't fit with the music, with the rhythm, even if it does with the lyrics...maybe there should more camera shoots like in LT, more effects, more colours, lights (here we can see exactly the Londonian weather...)

for example, relax's video fit really good with the song, I mean it's dance music & the video is modern following the beat,t he rhythm...

Big Girl is a great song, with a "powerful", lound music background & they could do a lots of things with it.

Nowdays the video is very important for promoting the title & hope this one wouldn't do a disservice to the single.

I just wish for the next video, they will take their time to think about it & to realise it.

Apart for having "big girls" in it, the video doesn't really fit the song... Like LebAngel said, the song has really strong beat and rythm, and they are just "walking in the street"... They look a bit "tired", "slowdowned", even "bored"... In the market part, the dance moves don't seem "finished" they just sort of intend them without doing them fully (in my opinion). It doesn't fit the lyrics either ! Totally out of the story of the song, still except for the "big girls"...

I can understand it's a concept, or anything you want, ok... I just wanted to say i had been a bit disappointed, and i don't really like it, i don't "feel it" :biggrin2: ... In my opinion :thumb_yello:

Apart for having "big girls" in it, the video doesn't really fit the song... Like LebAngel said, the song has really strong beat and rythm, and they are just "walking in the street"... They look a bit "tired", "slowdowned", even "bored"... In the market part, the dance moves don't seem "finished" they just sort of intend them without doing them fully (in my opinion). It doesn't fit the lyrics either ! Totally out of the story of the song, still except for the "big girls"...

I can understand it's a concept, or anything you want, ok... I just wanted to say i had been a bit disappointed, and i don't really like it, i don't "feel it" :biggrin2: ... In my opinion :thumb_yello:

It's good to have different opinions and share them :thumb_yello:

I really love it.

I like the naturalness of the set, of the people...and above all I fell in love with that wonderful blond child, that little girl who appears for a moment!!

I thought I would post my opinion and pray to god I don't offend anyone on here. I saw the video this morning and I could'nt believe how poorly it was put together. We all know how AMAZING Mika's creativity is and maybe the video was not his idea at all...(I hope).

I am a "Big Girl", I've been big all my life, I fight w/my obesity everyday and I will never stop. I think being big is fine "if" your healthy. I feel like glorifying obesity does not do some of us "Big Girls" any favors. I guess I hoped there would be a little more "class" to the video. I felt almost embarrassed to watch it. The song is beautiful and sweet and shows what a genuine person our Mika is...but the video seemed so....uh, I don't know. I can't believe how dissappointing it was for me, and I NEVER thought I could feel this way about anything Mika does. Now don't get me wrong, I still love, love our Mika and will ALWAYS support him. Maybe I just don't "get it" as Mika would say.

yeah - it certaibnly looks natural. it looks like he's just gone outside and decided to dance and everyone has joined in - it does seem like something he woulld do! but i still think he couldve done better. eh shouldve been shaking his skinny little butt in his tight trousers not walking. grrrr. i mean who brteaks their leg WALKING down a street to big girl.....