Japanese release of LiCM on June 20

Blue Sky

So I got my 3rd version of LiCM with the arrival today of the Japanese edition. I posted on the other Japanese thread but I though it deserved its own announcement!!

You can buy it here

http://www.hmv.co.jp/Product/detail.asp?SKU=2552354

It has the stickers they gave out at the press show in it too!

sticker_mika.jpg

I can't believe they are included! They are tiny, just the size for Japanese mobile phones. And what's more, the lyrics for every song on the album are included in the Japanese additional notes, and the meanings are all translated into Japanese. It includes an interview done in April, and says his full name in katakana which mimics the exact pronunciation of his name, (ミカエル)so while we have been saying it is Michael Holbrook Penniman, the pronunciation is Mi-ka-el, almost like the Russian Mikhail. It says his mother is a children's clothes designer. It talks about his sisters participation in the CD and that his 17 year old brother Fortune sings some backing vocals. Maybe one of the Japanese fans can put up the exact translation of the interview. Most of the stuff we already know on MFC.

The cover is the same as the US edition, and the second last track is Your Sympathy. Written by MIKA, Jodi Marr, Richie Supa. Also included is a different style of player for the Grace Kelly video. The vid itself is of course the same, just the way it comes up is different.

And to coincide with the release of the CD here they have 5 of these "ponchos" to win. They must be expecting rain at Fuji Rock in July!!

070621_1_l.jpg

and FINALLY we can get the ringtones for almost all the songs here

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/artist/mika/uicu1139.html

Lastly tickets for Liquid Room on July 30 are sold out!

End of report from Japan!!:thumb_yello:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no, he "switches" name again... :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

:giveup: I give up on this! Why does this keep getting reported so

differently? I heard from his own lips in an interview

that his mother didn't want him to be Michael Jr., so that's what I'm

going to believe -- He's Mica-now-Mika

unless someone can show me a birth certificate that

says othewise! LOL!

awww, I want a mika poncho!! :bleh: *puts up a 3 years old mode* :naughty:

Me too! I'd like the stickers too! I need a poncho often when I go to Disney World -- I would love

to have a Mika poncho while everyone around me was wearing a

Mickey Mouse poncho :wink2:

dcdeb

I imagine the spelling of Michael is the same, just different pronunciation? It is amazing how we go round and round...but maybe he is feeding this to everyone too to keep them on their toes!!

:giveup: I give up on this! Why does this keep getting reported so

differently? I heard from his own lips in an interview

that his mother didn't want him to be Michael Jr., so that's what I'm

going to believe -- He's Mica-now-Mika

unless someone can show me a birth certificate that

says othewise! LOL!

Me too! I'd like the stickers too! I need a poncho often when I go to Disney World -- I would love

to have a Mika poncho while everyone around me was wearing a

Mickey Mouse poncho :wink2:

dcdeb

I have an asterix poncho! I got it at park asterix. the french fans surely know what I'm talking about LOL now I want a mika poncho too *greedy look*

I'll ask him, deb, what's his real name I mean, but I am sure he'll give us his version again (which can also be the truth o.c.) and we'll be where we started.

is there anybody home who won't deceive me..? :naughty:

I imagine the spelling of Michael is the same, just different pronunciation? It is amazing how we go round and round...but maybe he is feeding this to everyone too to keep them on their toes!!

Could be... I wouldn't be surprised to find that out!

But TBH, with siblings named Yasmine, Paloma, Allegra and Fortune,

I would be surprised if his real name was boring old Michael. Seems a little

out of line with the rest of the family...

dcdeb

my thought precisely.

but then again, one never knows.. first son.. I can imagine some fathers would want a junior in family. still I remember his mum's words (reported by mika).

who knows where the truth lies..? :blink:

And you know, some families have that thing where the mother names the girls and the father names the boys...but then what happened when Fortune came along....unless sectrely his real name is actually James or something and Fortune is his middle name....ahhh the mystery will never end.

Did you guys know his mother was a children's clothing designer? That was the first time I had heard that.:blink: