Help...Manchester gig

Snowy66

Please would you give me a contact telephone number for somebody in the TBA section. I've recieved txt tickets for two, for Mika's gig, Manchester tomorrow, 27th but I do not know who/ where to contact to see if it is ok for my 11 year old son to have the second ticket. Would the venue allow an 11 year old? I need to know asap because if the answer is yes I need to get it arranged for him to leave school a little early, and if not, for care for him. Thank you :)

this is quite urgen so please could somebody get back to me with the answer? I'm not asking for the venue :) I will find that out tomorrow :) Just if my son can come, cheers :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh :)

Just had it confirmed now that I can take my son :) I came here to post the news and saw your reply...thank you so much :)

UM...filmed? Why/ how filmed, and what for? I just thought it was a small gig???

IM CONFUSED!!

i got an email from the mika site saying, about aSECRETgig in manchester, so i mailed them, and now i have txts saying i can go and they will txt me the location tomo!

im not really sure what is going on with this! i would LOVE to go but its a little short notice, and a very long journey for me!

Why did you enter the contest then? They always said it would be super-short-notice.

Anyway, you are very lucky to get the texts, this is a really small, exclusive gig he's doing, and he said it was THE show to be at... if you don't want the tickets though, PM curly. She's dying to go.

--Jack

Its a gig being filmed for Vadofones TBA series by endemol to be shown on Channel 4.

Everyone's desperate for the tickets so if u can't go ask people to PM you if they want them.............not sure about swapping the details over to them this late on though but you could try.

Vix x

Why did you enter the contest then? They always said it would be super-short-notice.

Anyway, you are very lucky to get the texts, this is a really small, exclusive gig he's doing, and he said it was THE show to be at... if you don't want the tickets though, PM curly. She's dying to go.

--Jack

LOL!

Great minds eh??!

Vix x

Whereabouts are you? I'm only 6 miles south of Manchester city centre but it's still going to be a bit dificult for me too, my texts also said I would be told tomorrow, 3pm then doors opening only a couple of hours later for just one hour. Manchester is big, it may not even be in the centre

Even more difficult is finding fancy dress for my son...I'm ok my clothes have always been like fancy dress anyway lol just check out the pics on my Myspace but it's fun finding stuff for him to wear :)

I don't know about transferring 'tickets' though because you have to take the actual phone they arrived on and many people don't want another person to have access to their phone and then there's the getting it to another person on time even if you are ok with that.

2 hours from confirmation of the venue gives you a bit of scope but depends where you are?

IM CONFUSED!!

i got an email from the mika site saying, about aSECRETgig in manchester, so i mailed them, and now i have txts saying i can go and they will txt me the location tomo!

im not really sure what is going on with this! i would LOVE to go but its a little short notice, and a very long journey for me!

About 1045pm last night I sent the email

330pm today, well it would be, short of having a time machine ;) I got the texts

Not a majorly secure system really because if a bunch of people can't go there will be a lot less than the 100 is it? expected to go, it won't look good for Mika but it won't be his fault :( They should have some way of people contacting them to reject the tickets so they can be passed onto somebody else.

how long did it take for the texts to come through to say u could go???:blink:

330pm today, well it would be, short of having a time machine ;) I got the texts

Not a majorly secure system really because if a bunch of people can't go there will be a lot less than the 100 is it? expected to go, it won't look good for Mika but it won't be his fault :( They should have some way of people contacting them to reject the tickets so they can be passed onto somebody else.

Have you read/heard somewhere that it's only supposed to be 100 people?

I was thinking more as the record company site said they had 50 pairs to give away.........which is already 100...............then there's all the peeps who got tickets for attending the screen tests..............then all of the registrations via vodafone.

Mmmmmmmmmm......I was thinking 500??

I'd be interested to know what everyone else thinks?

Vix x

oooOOOooo so i have just sent my email like at 7.20pm because ive just herd about the secret gig ..if im lucky do u think they would tell me tonight or tommorow?....cos all this is reallllyyy short notice!!!:blink:

i think that out of the 100 ppl who win the tickets ....all of them will go...because you cant turn down the tickets !!!! :biggrin2:

i live FOUR hours away!!

and i dont have a fancy dress yet! SERIOUSLY I AM PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!! is anyone else going who lives nearish meso we could meet and maybe go together?! i live in suffolk!

4 HOURS WHATTTTTTTTT!!!! THATS AGESSSSSSS AWAY!!!!!:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

AND IS IT FANCY DRESS????:blink: :blink: :blink: I DIDNT KNOW THAT!!!

i live FOUR hours away!!

and i dont have a fancy dress yet! SERIOUSLY I AM PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!! is anyone else going who lives nearish meso we could meet and maybe go together?! i live in suffolk!

Where in Suffolk are you yuppy? PM me

I live close. I can get there easily in time. I'll use your tickets if you can't make it, Yuppymunch!

Edit: Or I'll meet up with you and be your guest. I'm nothing if not cheeky! PM me?

I can't remember where, I could have got it mixed up with them saying 50 pairs being given away :)

I wouldn't say 500 was 'intimate' though...I'll be intruiged if it is, the last small gig I played was only 500 and was in Manchester so I may know the venue :)

Have you read/heard somewhere that it's only supposed to be 100 people?

I was thinking more as the record company site said they had 50 pairs to give away.........which is already 100...............then there's all the peeps who got tickets for attending the screen tests..............then all of the registrations via vodafone.

Mmmmmmmmmm......I was thinking 500??

I'd be interested to know what everyone else thinks?

Vix x

Babs, how many tickets are you trying to collect? :roftl: You already have 3!

And I roll my eyes at you Brits. (:rolleyes: <--See?) 4 hours is so not "ages away" for a special Mika gig...

--Jack

well some of us have jobs and it is slightly short notice!! im not really complining about the journey, i need some one to go with!