If MIKA was a close friend of yours... would u still?

Sivan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't have any posters or pictures of him up in my room now, haha... nor am I planning to put any up, as I am not 14... so that's not really a concern. I'm rather strict with aesthetics anyway, and I only put up posters if I like the poster art in itself--regardless of who's on it.

As for pictures, where concert and promo photos are concerned, I may in fact save more of them, since I'd be so excited and proud of him. Or maybe not. I don't know, it all depends really. I think the point is, you save photos when you are not sure you will be able to find them again if you want them. So some of my friends, I save their photos, and some of them, I don't. I can always demand them to send me their photos if I should want them, after all.

The thing is, when you don't know someone and they're a celebrity, no matter how realistic you may want to be about it, they're not really a person to you: they're an idol, a pin-up, a puzzle, a fantasy. They're someone who's marketed to you, and thus they're someone you can collect. Once you're friends though--once you really know them--all that falls apart and you can no longer treat them an as object. And so collecting their photos and putting up their posters and otherwise engaging with them as a public-persona-fantasy becomes weird and you don't do it anymore.

--Jack

WOW lol nice ...

hmm i dunno..can i be concidered as someone that know mika? hmmm

cause i dont see him as a celeb or someone that is a fantasy :)

i see him as a nice guy that is making music for a living... lol

maybe i grew up? when i was 15 i was all about the idoling thing... :D

WOW lol nice ...

hmm i dunno..can i be concidered as someone that know mika? hmmm

cause i dont see him as a celeb or someone that is a fantasy :)

i see him as a nice guy that is making music for a living... lol

maybe i grew up? when i was 15 i was all about the idoling thing... :D

To be honest, I don't think any of us who are on this forum truly see him as just a person. We may want to, and we may even succeed sometimes, but he's still a bit of an idol for us.

Because trust me, you don't go to a forum and make 3000 posts discussing "just someone you know." :wink2: No matter how great you may think they are, hah.

--Jack

To be honest, I don't think any of us who are on this forum truly see him as just a person. We may want to, and we may even succeed sometimes, but he's still a bit of an idol for us.

Because trust me, you don't go to a forum and make 3000 posts discussing "just someone you know." :wink2: No matter how great you may think they are, hah.

--Jack

LOL maybe.... well i dont REALLY know mika.... wish i did :)

I probably wouldnt have that problem,

The only mika thing I have on my wall of his is the signature mouselle got for my behalf in australia, Im very proud of it, and I wouldnt be ashamed to let him see that!

as for the pictures on my computer well....why not, its not like i have that many on my new computer anyway.

I probably wouldnt have that problem,

The only mika thing I have on my wall of his is the signature mouselle got for my behalf in australia, Im very proud of it, and I wouldnt be ashamed to let him see that!

How about your fanfics though? :naughty:

--Jack

I don"t have posters, I just have Mika's pictures in my mobile phone. If we were close friends I wouldn't change anything. I think it"s normal to have best friend's picture on mobile phone screen

lol thats true :)

No posters on my wall, at least no singer/songwriter/band/actor stuff. Those days are gone for sure :biggrin2: But I truly love the artwork. I'd love to see the exhibition and I'm pretty sure I could deal with some of their stuff on my walls. :original:.

Among my friends there's somebody extraordinarily talented and I have some of his artworks (airbrush and some sort of weird wax technique) on my walls. So no question about the art thing.

Sure I would collect/put up photos as you do that with pics of your friends. The main difference concerning pics is probably to collect the pics you're on with your friends in first place and not those with your friends only on them.

Besides I think there's a whole universe between being friends and being a fan of somebody. Of course it is nice to know that your friends support you in what you do if you are an artist but it is not a necessary premise to become friends or at least it shouldn't be. But I don't believe that a fan will ever reach the state of a real friend. Any relationship of that kind would just start at a wrong point and was doomed to fail in my opinion. Exceptions excluded.

Oh yea....um....about those.....:blush-anim-cl:

Ok you got me there.....

and i just remembered my love today and grace kelly true tones on my mobile phone!

When is your next installment coming up? haha

would you still put poster of him on the wall? and do other things like saving his pix on the computer? :)

i was just thinking about it the other day....

well i dont have a poster of mika on my wall.... i have his art stuff...that i love :)

i know some ppl save pictures of him an stuff...but u guys think that if he was your close friend u would still do it? :)

i wonder why, when a person is not as close to you, you feel its ok to do it, but if the person is close to you u would feel weird to do it ...LOL

u know what i mean?!

i think i even heard mika say that about david bowie that he is not sure he would want to meet him and ruen the IDOL thing...

I have allways a lot pics off my friends and stuff of them (gifts etc.) so maybe...i dont know :blink::bleh:

But I don't believe that a fan will ever reach the state of a real friend. Any relationship of that kind would just start at a wrong point and was doomed to fail in my opinion. Exceptions excluded.

I think this definitely depends though. I mean, it's not likely to happen in most cases because of opportunity, but... there've been a number of cases where I saw someone's work online and thought, "Oooooh, I love their art," or "ooooh, I love their writing!" and then I'd look up their interests and such and think "oh man, they like what I like!" and then I'd try to get their attention somehow... and then I'd succeed and we'd become friends or buddies or whatever, and it wouldn't be weird. Of course, there's a huge difference between that and being a fan of someone really famous, but the dynamic is still similar. And certainly it's happened for some people, even though usually they had to get famous themselves first.

(Though personally, I'd be kind of an annoying fan friend, 'cause whether I love or hate something, I'll speak my mind. :bleh: One of my friends used to complain to me about how I was overly critical with his writing, and I was like, "dude, I draw tons of fanart for you to put up on your site, I print out your stories to take with me to school, I keep telling you how I can't wait for your next chapter and I spend hours proof-reading your drafts--I like your stuff! I'm just a bit of a nitpicky pain in the ass. :mf_rosetinted: )

--Jack

Oh, VioletJack, allways interesting to read what you're writing!

I think you are the level-headed guy among us all.

Makes me wonder a little, are you a male or a female?

A little ambiguous there just like Mika?

Anyway, I'm not 14 either and I don't have any pictures of Mika on my walls, only in my computer though.(!)http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/images/smilies/blush-anim-cl.gif

:blush-anim-cl:

But I'm going to London next week for the exhibition and hopefully be able to buy some good artwork there.http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/images/smilies/wink2.gif

:wink2:

I see that Jack is still a big mystery to many...I've been solving too many mysteries lately myself....

If Mika was already a good friend before his catapult to fame, then I'd probably already have pictures with him in everyday friend occassions (birthdays, parties, camping trips, school pics, etc). And I'd be proud of him, so I would display something of his new found celebrity status. I'd be proud just like I'm proud of all the awards and accomplishments my kids have achieved and I display all over the place!

If Mika became my good friend now, and I was merely just a fan at one point, well then I guess I'm supposed to be embarassed and get rid of all the "Knitty" pics, and Gap underwear displays, and I would eventually throw out the Ribena juice...*realizing half drunk bottle still on dresser*

But I would NOT be embarrased! I'd be like - MIKA, do you wanna know what an obsessed fan looks like? And I pull out a box of all my autographed magazine covers and album covers, log on the MFC Forum and show him all the posts!

I think this definitely depends though. I mean, it's not likely to happen in most cases because of opportunity, but... there've been a number of cases where I saw someone's work online and thought, "Oooooh, I love their art," or "ooooh, I love their writing!" and then I'd look up their interests and such and think "oh man, they like what I like!" and then I'd try to get their attention somehow... and then I'd succeed and we'd become friends or buddies or whatever, and it wouldn't be weird. Of course, there's a huge difference between that and being a fan of someone really famous, but the dynamic is still similar. And certainly it's happened for some people, even though usually they had to get famous themselves first.

Are you talking about Oscar Wilde? :blink: What kind of online connection do you use? :blink:

:roftl:

(Though personally, I'd be kind of an annoying fan friend, 'cause whether I love or hate something, I'll speak my mind. :bleh: One of my friends used to complain to me about how I was overly critical with his writing, and I was like, "dude, I draw tons of fanart for you to put up on your site, I print out your stories to take with me to school, I keep telling you how I can't wait for your next chapter and I spend hours proof-reading your drafts--I like your stuff! I'm just a bit of a nitpicky pain in the ass. :mf_rosetinted: )

--Jack

I really wonder how long it will take until we get an official P.I.T.A. group :biggrin2:

well I don`t even have posters now ,and if he was a close friend I really wouldn`t put posters of him on the walls. saving pictures? of course,why not save pics of him? especially if he looks good in them. I mean I have some really good friends that are swimmers and one is like an olympic gold medalis,the others have won gold,silver or bronze in world champs or continantal champs,so they are kinda famous and I still save pics of them that I like. Funny thing is,after that,I show it to them and than we start laughing abt them or they just tell me when it was taken ,what race...or god knows,some kind of story behind the pic

I`d do the same if it was Mika. Concerning his art,sure I`d put it up,mainly to let him know that I really apreciate what he dose,although he`d probably know it.

I`d still love the music,I`d probably annoy him a bit by quoting some of his lyrics that have a certain...ring to them :lol3: I`d deff tell him my oppinion about different stuff he dose...I mean I`m not the kind to see him as a perfect human,and even now I can say that maybe I didn`t like one of his outfits or smth like that...yeah,I`m kind of a lil evil critic :naughty:

beside that...I don`t know... I`d probably support him in what he dose :biggrin2:

ha ha nope i probably wouldnt - actually i think its a bit weird covering walls, books, computers and what ever else with things of the same artist - i dont know, maybe im not a truely obsessed MFC member (even if my status thing thinks i am) and your probably all going to shout at me for saying it but there is such a thing as taking things too far. Plus poster bluetac would ruin my walls :P

However i think it would be very cool to have mika as a friend pre/post stardom - he seems like an excellent guy :):bleh:

I guess I would feel a bit uncomfortable inviting Mika to my house where all the walls are covered with his pictures ( they aren't in reality though):naughty:

This reminder me of a story I heard about a movie where a girl is walking down the street when suddenly she notices her favorite pop-star in front of her. She faints and the famous guy somehow gets her to home, he carries her to her room, and as he enters he meets that all the walls in her room are covered with his pictures.:shocked::naughty:

This reminder me of a story I heard about a movie where a girl is walking down the street when suddenly she notices her favorite pop-star in front of her. She faints and the famous guy somehow gets her to home, he carries her to her room, and as he enters he meets that all the walls in her room are covered with his pictures.:shocked::naughty:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

that`s just creepy :lmao: