ICA Review(s) type thing

babspanky

http://www.nme.com/news/mika/29367

Mika kicks off iTunes Festival

A month of gigs gets underway at ICA in London

9 hours ago

The iTunes Festival kicked off at London's ICA last night (July 1) with a performance from Mika.

The event sees a month of gigs at the venue on The Mall, with different bands playing to an audience of 350 each night.

Supported by Leon Jean Marie, Mika kicked off the month of gigs with an energetic set that included the likes of 'Grace Kelly' and 'Big Girl'.

"When we were first on iTunes a friend called me to say we had a 2.5 rating," Mika told the crowd of his relationship with fans using the download shop.

"I checked it out and saw we only got five stars or one star, so I phoned my manager and said 'It's going to be OK - they either love us or hate us'."

Mika played:

''Relax'

'Big Girl'

'My Interpretation'

'Billy Brown'

'Any Other World'

'Stuck In The Middle'

'Ring Ring'

'Sweet Dreams'

'Love Today'

'Grace Kelly'

'Lollipop'

The festival now continues with the likes of Paul McCartney, Kasabian and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club among those playing intimate shows across July. See NME.COM for full live reports.

The bands' sets are being recorded and will be released as a live album via iTunes in the future. For more information go to iTunesfestival.com.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our intrepid reporters find the best things!!

I didn't realise it was only 350 people!! How intimate is THAT!!

(The Tokyo show will have about 1000 only. )

Thanks Babs!

• 1 year later...

I just thought I'd be totally random and bump this thread....As this was my first live Mika experience, the first time I met him, and just really an incredible experience :wub2:.

This is where the proper obsession started, muahahahaha :roftl:

You! SHY! :lmao:

Anyway, sweet memories coming back?:wink2:

Somehow, I just knew that someone would make a comment like that :sneaky2:. I promise, I was really shy about it. Even at Somerset House, I saw them all (just in front of me in the queue) and didn't manage to speak to anyone either :blush-anim-cl:. Only inside, once the gig had started, I chatted to Sarahlou1973.

Things changed quite quickly afterwards though :roftl:.

I think that it was the fact that I had never been in a fanclub before that, and also never on an online forum either.

And yes, I think that I'm having a bit of a melancholic moment right now, with all the nice memories of such a gig packed year. Who knows when the next fix will come :boxed:.

Somehow, I just knew that someone would make a comment like that :sneaky2:. I promise, I was really shy about it. Even at Somerset House, I saw them all (just in front of me in the queue) and didn't manage to speak to anyone either :blush-anim-cl:. Only inside, once the gig had started, I chatted to Sarahlou1973.

Things changed quite quickly afterwards though :roftl:.

I think that it was the fact that I had never been in a fanclub before that, and also never on an online forum either.

And yes, I think that I'm having a bit of a melancholic moment right now, with all the nice memories of such a gig packed year. Who knows when the next fix will come :boxed:.

Sadly we have whole months to go through.. :( but hey, the 29th November is not that far away, and even without the man himself we can breathe the same atmosphere with all of us around:wub2:

Sadly we have whole months to go through.. :( but hey, the 29th November is not that far away, and even without the man himself we can breathe the same atmosphere with all of us around:wub2:

Oh yes, the dvd will be fantastic, I CAN't WAIT for that!! So is the 29th Nov the definite release date then?

How do we know? :wink2:

EDIT: DUH!!! I'm such an idiot. The Xmas party of course. Sorry, hehehe

Oh yes, the dvd will be fantastic, I CAN't WAIT for that!! So is the 29th Nov the definite release date then?

How do we know? :wink2:

Freds made a post and said 29/30th november is the fixed date. :wink2:

Freds made a post and said 29/30th november is the fixed date. :wink2:

Well ,you are obviously reading my posts with the same care that I am reading yours, this is what in Spanish we call a "dialogo de besugos" :roftl:

(ask Queenie or TBQ)

I just thought I'd be totally random and bump this thread....As this was my first live Mika experience, the first time I met him, and just really an incredible experience .

This is where the proper obsession started, muahahahaha

& what a journey you must have had & what a year! a damn good obsession though:thumb_yello:

I also remember recognising MFC'ers from seeing their pics here, but not daring to speak to them (sorry, I was shy!!!)

i've seen so many of you on here at Brixton 28th & Amsterdam & i have been too shy to approach anybody, so stupid i know, i could have kicked myself after though & i am really sorry :blush-anim-cl:

I have never joined a fan club either or posted on an online forum - after reading day after day on the MFC & being a lurker, i could not control the urge - i just had to join:roftl: although i'm still really shy at posting sometimes.

sorry i've quoted you so much Sara but so much of what you have said has hit the nail on the head with me! iykwim.:thumb_yello:

Well ,you are obviously reading my posts with the same care that I am reading yours, this is what in Spanish we call a "dialogo de besugos" :roftl:

(ask Queenie or TBQ)

Hmm, searched for a translation of "besugo" but I'd better wait for Asun or Ana:naughty: