Funny convos with my mom about Mika...

AKateisaKate

omg!

This thread is soooo hysterical!! I've been cracking up the whole way thru!!!

Everybody's families sound so hysterically funny! I can just imagine the scenarios.....

The really weird part is that I am in the age group of most of "the parents" or "aunts", etc...... and yet here I am, a full blown Mika fan (and not ashamed to admit it!)

I thoroughly enjoyed reading every single post! Honestly! If that's not a cure for depression, nothing is! Thanks, y'all!

And, BTW - I have a 15 year-old nephew and a 13 year-old niece. I'm really not too sure what they think about their Mika crazy aunt (?!??!):insane:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

omg!

This thread is soooo hysterical!! I've been cracking up the whole way thru!!!

Everybody's families sound so hysterically funny! I can just imagine the scenarios.....

The really weird part is that I am in the age group of most of "the parents" or "aunts", etc...... and yet here I am, a full blown Mika fan (and not ashamed to admit it!)

I thoroughly enjoyed reading every single post! Honestly! If that's not a cure for depression, nothing is! Thanks, y'all!

And, BTW - I have a 15 year-old nephew and a 13 year-old niece. I'm really not too sure what they think about their Mika crazy aunt (?!??!):insane:

Mika-crazy aunt - sounds brilliant :wink2:

lol, I've been planning everything about Mika's gig like crazy for the last week and my mum finally asked me yesterday "Umm, so you really like him?" :blink::roftl:

Mika-crazy aunt - sounds brilliant :wink2:

lol, I've been planning everything about Mika's gig like crazy for the last week and my mum finally asked me yesterday "Umm, so you really like him?" :blink::roftl:

DUH????

:naughty:

We Mika fans MUST stick together!!!!:wink2: :wub2cl: :thumb_yello::wub2:

Oh! I just remembered another little story!

I was talking to my mom about how Mika had played at SXSW in Austin last March and she said, "I wish you'd known about it! WE could've gone!" Forget the heartbreakingness of knowing I could've seen him, I'm just excited that I've thrown enough Mika at my mom so as to make her like him enough to say she wished she'd seen him live! :yay: My Mika Convert #2!

Oh! I just remembered another little story!

I was talking to my mom about how Mika had played at SXSW in Austin last March and she said, "I wish you'd known about it! WE could've gone!" Forget the heartbreakingness of knowing I could've seen him, I'm just excited that I've thrown enough Mika at my mom so as to make her like him enough to say she wished she'd seen him live! My Mika Convert #2!

That's cool...:punk:

I have a story too :naughty: My father was driving the car beside him was his best friend and my mom and me were on the backseats.. Then suddenly Grace Kelly was played in the radio..

My father immediately turned up the volume and me and my mom started singing and then we made silly moves with our arms haha and my father was singing too like a bass version...:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

My fahters best friend: " Ok, now slowly what did you drink at home before we went ?????:shocked: "

That's cool...:punk:

I have a story too :naughty: My father was driving the car beside him was his best friend and my mom and me were on the backseats.. Then suddenly Grace Kelly was played in the radio..

My father immediately turned up the volume and me and my mom started singing and then we made silly moves with our arms haha and my father was singing too like a bass version...

My fahters best friend: " Ok, now slowly what did you drink at home before we went ?????:shocked: "

Okay sooo cool I love love it !!!! :punk: :punk: :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...

My parents are hopelessly clueless about anything Mika related, lol. My father still calls him either Minky or Milko no matter how many times I correct him. One funny conversation happened in the car the other day. Grace Kelly came on the radio and Dad said "Isn't that that Milko you are so obsessed with?" Before I could correct him, Mum said "Milko? Isn't that a lolly? How can you be obsessed with a lolly?" Lol, like I said, they have no clue!

:biggrin2: I had a discussion with my mom about the song love today. she didn't know that he said; 'Give her a dollar and she'll make you smile. Hook her, book her, nook her, walk away!' And I was singing that in the car, so she said; excuse me; what are you singing? I said; what, mika is saying that! ;D:biggrin2:

My parents are hopelessly clueless about anything Mika related, lol. My father still calls him either Minky or Milko no matter how many times I correct him. One funny conversation happened in the car the other day. Grace Kelly came on the radio and Dad said "Isn't that that Milko you are so obsessed with?" Before I could correct him, Mum said "Milko? Isn't that a lolly? How can you be obsessed with a lolly?" Lol, like I said, they have no clue!

Hi Mollydog, welcome on the mfc ! :biggrin2:

haha:roftl: I like Minky and Milko haha sounds cute :roftl:

I have one!

Mom: "How old is Mika?"

Me:"23"

Mom:"8 years difference....thats not so bad"

hhahahahaa. She was talking about the age difference between him and I. I'm glad she wouldn't mind if I were with an older man haha. She was the one who married someone 14 years older than her! She better not have a problem with it!

Milko, that's amazing. One of the funniest names I heard:roftl:

heres a good one:

i went over to my friends house yesterday and her mom was cooking chicken, every time we went into her kitchen we started laughing and her mom was giving us really weird looks. then her mom called out that the chicken was done and we laughed all the way into the dining room. the rest of dinner went like this:

dad: the chicken smells good

me (whispers): im sure it does(giggles)

mom: its steamy

me (whispers): i hope so

friend: *laughing*

mom: lets cut it off the bone

me (whispers): thats pretty rough, lets be gentel

friend:*laughs harder*

dad: it looks really moist and wet

me: THANK GOD *falls on floorlaughing*

friend:*falls on top of me laughing*

mom:what?

dad: they're teens, who knows what goes on in their mind

mom: who wants chicken

me:ME!!!*laughs hareder and almost pees pants

friend: ME TOO!! *gasps for breath*

i love what chicken does to us lol :bleh:

i wish my stepmom and dad liked him! all they do is make fun of him! joking about his sexuality, the way he dresses(i dress like him!), and his voice! they are so cruel! screw them! they dont know good talent! all they know is the grateful dead!:thumbdown::bleh:

heres a good one:

i went over to my friends house yesterday and her mom was cooking chicken, every time we went into her kitchen we started laughing and her mom was giving us really weird looks. then her mom called out that the chicken was done and we laughed all the way into the dining room. the rest of dinner went like this:

That's hilarious! :roftl:

heres a good one:

:roftl: OMG! Too funny!

Okay, so I printed off pictures form my computer of Mika, and I made 2 sort of bulletin boards with all of the pictures and I asked my dad if he could help me to put them up on the wall in my bedroom.

Dad: Who is in the pictures?

Me: Mika, the singer/songwriter that I am obsessed and in love with

Dad: Oh, we'll put them up later

Me: Okay

The next day:

Mom: Aren't you going to help Catherine put those pictures of Mika up on her wall?

Dad: Who is Mika?

Me (thinking): OHMYGAWD!!!

My mom actually likes some of his songs and she tells me over and over which one is stuck in her head at the moment! lol

heres a good one:

I don't know what chicken stands for:blush-anim-cl:

haha now I know... haha you're so naughty

I don't know what chicken stands for:blush-anim-cl:

haha now I know... haha you're so naughty

I suspect the meaning of chicken but I'm not quite sure. I have always been a bit afraid from the chicken thread and the knitting thread :naughty: