Lily Alert!!!!!

Mercury_Child

Hey everyone!!!Has anyone heard of LilyAllen?Ok, If u havent, shes a british singer!Her voice is very very...unique!!!I'm not saying she can't sing!Shes the second best singer iv'e ever heard!Number 1 is, of course, Mika!!!!But got to youtube.com and search Lily Allen!Shes da bom!!!!:thumb_yello:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm amazed that there hasn't been loads more replies to this thread.

Lily Allen is huge here in the UK and I've seen her mentioned lots of times in different threads, so I expected dozens of people to rush in saying "I love Lily"!

(I'm not that keen,though)

Just checked her songs, they're ok, I like them. What's about her behavior?

She comes to gigs drunk, smokes on stage, cancels tour dates just because she doesn't feel like going, and just reading her MySpace page makes me want to vomit. Every other blog is some type of "I'm fat! I hate myself!" or "**** this person...blah blah..." And some of her MySpace pics are of her lying in the bed crying. :blink:

She comes to gigs drunk, smokes on stage, cancels tour dates just because she doesn't feel like going, and just reading her MySpace page makes me want to vomit. Every other blog is some type of "I'm fat! I hate myself!" or "**** this person...blah blah..." And some of her MySpace pics are of her lying in the bed crying. :blink:

ok, does not sound too appealing :blink:

She has a really cool style and a unique voice, but as a person I think she kinda sucks....

Yeah, I'm STILL bitter about her cancelling my show....

:thumbdown: i would be too... was she sick or did she just not want to do a show?

Megan, she gave lots of stupid reasons. More than anything, she just said she didn't want to do the shows and said she was homesick. It wasn't two weeks into the tour before she cancelled them.

She said the consolation was we would all get our money back - she didn't realize I was stuck with the shipping fees. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..

She has a really cool style and a unique voice, but as a person I think she kinda sucks....

Yeah, I'm STILL bitter about her cancelling my show....

Aw, sorry Mandi. Did you actually buy tickets or did she cancel that leg of the tour before they went on sale?

Amy Winehouse tickets were being scalped for $200-$300 in Toronto recently and I wouldn't even consider paying that much because you never know when she's going to be "exhausted" and cancel or so trashed that she's spitting into the audience and walking off stage.

Last time I saw Lily Allen she said she was nervous because it was the first gig where she hadn't been wasted in 4 months. She lit up a couple of cigarettes on stage even though it was illegal to smoke in the club.

She does put on a good show. First time I saw her was in a tiny dive which was kind of exciting for that reason. The second show was better because she had a horn section and the sound was much improved. Still wish I'd gone to see James Morrison instead, since he was - unbelievably - playing the same night in the club where I saw Mika.

Christine, I had actually bought the tickets. I bought her cd, loved it, and the next day bought the tickets. It was less than a week later when she cancelled. My boyfriend was furious for me...not really for himself, but more for me cos I was excited to go.

Christine, I had actually bought the tickets. I bought her cd, loved it, and the next day bought the tickets. It was less than a week later when she cancelled. My boyfriend was furious for me...not really for himself, but more for me cos I was excited to go.

:thumbdown: No wonder you're still mad!

Yup...I really dunno if I will bother trying to see her if she ever comes back here. I would definitely never consider going out of state for her.

I love her voice. She has a great video...Lily and Alfie. He's a puppet, or maybe computerized. It is funny, especially the non-censored one. I don't care for her as a person. I heard too many things that she has done. :thumbdown:

Rufus Wainwright has a new CD out. What I have already heard is fantastic. I think he's brilliant, along with Freddie and Mika...of course. :thumb_yello:

What do u mean u don't like her behavoir!?!How has she been acting?!:shocked:

She performs drunk week in and week out. She cancels parts of her tours because she can't be arsed and feels like going home. She regularly slags off other singers. She gets into punch-ups with photographers.

She performs drunk week in and week out. She cancels parts of her tours because she can't be arsed and feels like going home. She regularly slags off other singers. She gets into punch-ups with photographers.

That's not true!just rumours!