why isnt mika famous in the Unites States?

Francesca

lol niiiccceeeee

haha

Amen for MIKA!!!!

AMEN SISTAH!!! :punk:

Well i can't say hiphoph/rap isn't music 'cause i don't think there's really a label to what music is. I know what you mean though. The hip hop rap stuff that's poplular here is absolutey purely for commercial purposes. There's no substance to the lyrics.I like old-school hip hop because it carries a postive message. I'm rambling. Sorry.

Anyway, i think don't like America's taste in music either. (well not right now:bleh: ). It's all about sales and money and who sells the most. I mean, i know that has to factor in, but doesn't have to be the focal point.

That's one of the reasons why i like Mika and his music, because he's not forcing me to buy it. I think Mika has tons and tons of potential in the U.S. We can't say "he won't be successful in the U.S because he won't be given a chance" because we don't know that.

I hope eveyone understands what i'm trying to say:boxed: .

I totally agree!!!

I think my biggest problem is that a lot of it (not all of it) doesn't sound really sincere, like it comes from the heart... Mika's definitely does...

Oooh, wow that was deep (well for me it is! :naughty: )

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AMEN SISTAH!!! :punk:

I totally agree!!!

I think my biggest problem is that a lot of it (not all of it) doesn't sound really sincere, like it comes from the heart... Mika's definitely does...

Oooh, wow that was deep (well for me it is! :naughty: )

We all have our wise moments.

Ok i'll give you an example

let's take Mika's arch enemy, Rihanna (i know she's really not, im just kidding:wink2: )

I really liked her in the begining because she sounded different and the music was fun and genuine.

But now she's selling umbrellas for god's sake. :naughty: (read it on perezhilton's blog)

I mean, that just makes it really hard to take her seriously.

Mika puts a lot of himself and his experiences into his music and that's why we all can relate to the album.

its totally unfair:thumbdown: . he's like popular in almost all the other countries why not here

Yes i understand your sadness :sad: .. he is so huge everywhere in Europe! but here in America he's not that famous ! I live in Quebec and a lot of my friends know him but they are not really interested by him ! So sad! He has so much talent!

Um yeah, Timbaland's new song's title - "The Way I Are". The lyrics - "Baby you could strip, I would give you a tip". I don't think I have to say much more.

Nah... you don't need to... :sneaky2:

let's take Mika's arch enemy, Rihanna (i know she's really not, im just kidding:wink2: )

I really liked her in the begining because she sounded different and the music was fun and genuine.

But now she's selling umbrellas for god's sake. :naughty: (read it on perezhilton's blog)

Mika puts a lot of himself and his experiences into his music and that's why we all can relate to the album.

She's selling umbrellas? :shocked:

That is so random... and pointless...

I actually like that song.

Anyway, I like some of those type of songs just 'cause I like upbeat music that you can dance to but then again why can we have upbeat music that I can dance to that has at least a tinsy bit of meaning or not using correct grammar to rhyme "are" with "are"?

:naughty::roftl: Well that's what i read on perezhilton.com last week.

She was in an ad and she was holding an umbrella. It looked very real.

I hope for her sake Perez got it wrong... Not likely but we can all hope...

Anyway, I like some of those type of songs just 'cause I like upbeat music that you can dance to but then again why can we have upbeat music that I can dance to that has at least a tinsy bit of meaning or not using correct grammar to rhyme "are" with "are"?

Umbrella actually grew on me... considering I was teaching a group of 11 and 12 year olds who like rap and hip hop, I listened to whatever music they had...

I like dancey music too... though I'm not really a big fan of techno crap... the usual stuff they play at nightclubs...

Actually when i first know Mika, i was like "what the f..."

i think, yes, he has a high-pitched voice, so?

why the radio play him everyday?

well, forcing me to like him doesn't work on me :mf_rosetinted:

How to change my whole attitude to him is when i watch his story and his interviews....i believe there is a fate :wub2:

if i dun take the initiative to know him, then i never know there is such a perfect guy in the world :blush-anim-cl:

but the sad thing is, none of my fd know/interest on him even i try to convert them......:thumbdown:

what i can't get is why US R&B/hiphop music can so easily break into other countries....?not only popular locally

i always see US singers top on the uk chart/world chart....

I also have a faith (:thumb_yello: ) that he will be succeed sooner or later with a big hit song, maybe a ballad, i dun know

I really want him to be the next James Blunt :bleh:

Everyone has to start somewhere, and you can't start at the top. You have to build your way up.

It will happen. Everything that happens... happens for a reason and at the right time.

U are damn right :biggrin2:

im not going to deny that when im in a dancey groovy mood i wouldnt mind listening to the rap/hip hop for being upbeat and ish but like your so right, once you come to the deeper level of it, almost like 80% of all that type of music contains the materialistic downfall of society, i mean songs like umbrella (which are completely random) or lean like a cholo or party like a rockstar or even smack that by akon are really just songs to make money,

honestly those artists dont care about how deep the meaning of their music goes, they only care about the sales and making it rich, well by the way they flaunt their money, it seems really true huh?

now that was looooong....and i still have more

i really want mika to make it in america, but i dont want him to be on MTV because that like station will corrupt him and he'll get like those momentary fans who will be like "omgosh i love mika" and totally forget about him like 15 minutes later, yenno? i want him to sorta be on like a channel/station which celebrates the true meaning of what music is and not the moral decay of music, yenno? am i even making sense or does it sound like babble-ish?

Mika's not to popular here in Canada either.

He is on the radio though so that's good:thumb_yello:

It's weird I remember when I first heard lollipop and no one had a clue who Mika was, and now not alot of people, but maybe 5/10 people have heard of him. :punk:

ive noticed most people here in australia i talk to hate his songs, find them annoying, but they are the same people who think repetitive techno is awesome. i try to get them to listen to the vocal range, the instruments etc. I gave a girl at work his album and shes started singing his songs without realising(probably because she gave his music a chance. and because its so infectious). By the time he tours here people will love him (they are just slower than us who have taste)

MIKA's HUGE in Europe and Asia and practically the rest of the world except the US, which is pretty dumb but whenever I see the billboard top songs for the US, I kind of understand why. Because like, 90% of the hit songs are hip hop/rap/rb songs that sing about sex and drugs while pop songs only dominate like 10% which is dumb.

I hope MIKA will make it one day! I really want to drive and listen to him at the same time and not some beyonce/ justin timberlake overplayed songs.

yeh i agree, i think the reason his not as popular in australia is because too many people want to listen to the same things they are popping pills to on a saturday nite. I like hip hop and r&b and i do take a street funk dance class, but my fave dance class is cabaret where the music is sung by people with real talent. I put mika in the "real talent" section

Yes i understand your sadness :sad: .. he is so huge everywhere in Europe! but here in America he's not that famous ! I live in Quebec and a lot of my friends know him but they are not really interested by him ! So sad! He has so much talent!

I wouldn't say he is HUGE here. I know he has had a top selling album and three top 10 singles and can just about sell out a 5000 person venue, but there are still a hell of a lot of people who will go 'Mika who?' if you mention him, and young people too.

I would say he is fairly well known.

I think we do live in a bubble here and assume everyone is as fanatical as us.

And if I don't think he is huge here, I must think he is just scratching the surface of America! :boxed:

Mika's not to popular here in Canada either.

He is on the radio though so that's good:thumb_yello:

It's weird I remember when I first heard lollipop and no one had a clue who Mika was, and now not alot of people, but maybe 5/10 people have heard of him. :punk:

did you ever see him before the movies?

if so Do you remember which movie it was?

The one movie I was seeing at the time was

28 weeks later. (BAD MOVIE>>>DO NOT SEEE)

We are all like Family. years ago I was part of the LORD of the Rings TORN site (for those who are LOTR fans too) and I get the same fuzzy feelings

I got then with all of you guys...although I think its more of a challenge because there are not that many of us in Canada,,and we all must keep our contact together around the world...I offer to become MFC rep of BC :)

yeh i agree, i think the reason his not as popular in australia is because too many people want to listen to the same things they are popping pills to on a saturday nite. I like hip hop and r&b and i do take a street funk dance class, but my fave dance class is cabaret where the music is sung by people with real talent. I put mika in the "real talent" section

he is real talent and a fine musician, I have studied his music closely and we must not lose the fact that he is par with some of the most famous composers. That is what I see..a diamond in the rough on his way to become dazzling!

true...:boxed:

there is so much beautiful music out there from different countries. Such gems. But somehow get lost in the USA (except perhaps NY or Sanfrancisco , regionally it might be a different story...I think NY as a different place entirely!)

Suz