Official Mika Christmas Project Thread

Hannah

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I tried to put in what lollipopgirl83 :wub2: suggested :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

The Netherlands

Latvia

Iceland

England

Wales

Trinidad

The United States of America

Canada

Argentinia

Norway

France

China

Spain

Austria

Sweden

Poland

Estonia

Malaysia

Germany

Switzerland

Italy :italia:

Record title:

"Song compilation by the most amount of international fans for a singer/songwriter via the internet"

We at the MFC (http://www.Mikafanclub.com) are loyal supporters of a singer/songwriter called Mika. We are not an organisation but a random group of people from all over the world.

At MFC we partake in many things, one of which is this. A member of the MFC, Hannah, came up with the idea to make him a Christmas song, along the lines of "The Twelve Days of Christmas", which would be presented to him in December. There are 101 people from at least 20 different countries and everyone of us is recording our voice part individually at home. Finally, these song fragments are sent to Hannah for compilation and editing.

We think that there has never been a project like this in the whole world involving such a huge number of people from different countries. Thus, we are confident that our song compilation for Mika deserves entering the Guiness Book of World Records.

As most of you are probably sleeping right down (while I'm working... :shocked: ), I'm just going to send this to the GWR now.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. *crosses fingers*

Oh damn it... I have to enter the city and country where the record-attempt will be made.... I decided to enter my hometown & country because I had to register at the GWR with my adress.

hometown: Mikafanclub.com

and that damn record title is too long as well... *thinks about new title*

WOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!

OOOH BIG DRUM ROLL.........

I am hyper again...darn it! I hate being a night person when I have to get up early! those naps can be sleep killers! oh well

This will be awesome if we get selected...I wonder what the next steps will

be ! imagine us in the Book! talk about World Domination!

:punk: :punk: :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

England because it will be presented in England?

or at Hannah's address?

gets difficult because internet is so global

I haven't sent it yet! I also thought about hannah' place because she's assembling........

I'll check on myspace where she lives... (oh god, i hope that's ok for hannah!)

oh suz, great that u r here!

just thought of something..

Hannah...make sure you read this!

we all should have a copy of the song so we can make suggestions, editing etc, critique re:timing, keys,,if I need to add or remove something I'll need to know. The proofread so to speak before it gets made up. thanks:):)

I guess, Petra, they will have to have a copy at some point. :) way cool!

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I could add to the text that it's hard to give a specific place because the song is assembled via the internet.

there is also the problem that they want to know when the attempt takes place... but you can enter "unknown" here... hm... but we are all already working on it. DAMN!!!

I haven't sent it yet! I also thought about hannah' place because she's assembling........

I'll check on myspace where she lives... (oh god, i hope that's ok for hannah!)

oh suz, great that u r here!

Petra! i read on myspace! you are Ringer! me too!

could you tell by my nickname? I'm Sam's Daughter.

Oh sighh...Frodo and Sam

more sigh....

There is another Ringer here on the MFC,,,ohh both my obsessions

look out World! Blasted Caffeine! why am I hyper now ! at 3:00am!

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :punk: :punk:

ok.. I'll enter "London" & UK. That's the easiest way I guess. I hope.

its best because that is where it can be presented.

HMMMM wonder if he would play the CD at the end of the concert or something,, sort of Fan Appreciation

AGGGGGGGGGG! heart thumping...

I need to win money so I can go to England! I hate living ssssssssooooo

far away..but oh well:) I can stay in England for free tho!:)

"Adjudication

Guinness World Records adjudicators often attend events worldwide, to ensure the record is being carried out according to our rules and guidelines but also to offer PR support and instant certification. Should the event be successful they are able to announce the new world record immediately and present an official certificate to verify the achievement.

It is possible to hire a representative to lend authenticity to your event. Our representatives are well trained in media interviews and can be available prior to, during and post the event to speak to radio, TV and newspaper journalists about the record.

Please note that this service incurs in an attendance fee. Costs on your behalf include also travel, all transfers to and from the event and accommodation if necessary."

WTF? Don't get that. Anyway... they also wanted to know what kind of media we were planning to invite to our attempt. Oh dear, I think the fact that we are already working on it might be a real problem...

we don't want to give it away and ruin the surprise! can we do the application after the fact? Media? oh yikes? Fees: well it shouldn't be that bad considering there are lots doing it and I am willing to help financially.

"Adjudication

Guinness World Records adjudicators often attend events worldwide, to ensure the record is being carried out according to our rules and guidelines but also to offer PR support and instant certification. Should the event be successful they are able to announce the new world record immediately and present an official certificate to verify the achievement.

It is possible to hire a representative to lend authenticity to your event. Our representatives are well trained in media interviews and can be available prior to, during and post the event to speak to radio, TV and newspaper journalists about the record.

Please note that this service incurs in an attendance fee. Costs on your behalf include also travel, all transfers to and from the event and accommodation if necessary."

WTF? Don't get that. Anyway... they also wanted to know what kind of media we were planning to invite to our attempt. Oh dear, I think the fact that we are already working on it might be a real problem...

we don't want to give it away and ruin the surprise! can we do the application after the fact? Media? oh yikes? Fees: well it shouldn't be that bad considering there are lots doing it and I am willing to help financially.

I think there are just fees if we hire one of their people... but I don't really get that text. However, shall we just submit it and see what happens? This thing is, after all, not sooooooooooooooo sure to be taken as a record (looking at it in a realistic way :sneaky2::thumbdown: ) but... we'll see.

gwr1qz5.jpg

Shall I submit this now?

(I made paragraphs in the text... :sneaky2:)

I am wondering...just how are we going to handle the media if they call us etc? Who will be the spokes person? I'd be happy to help because this is a team effort and Hannah should not be doing this on her own. Maybe you can be the "media" guru. Just some thoughts...I just don't want our "surprise" to not be a "surprise" any more!

To do the record attempt, doesn't an adjudicator have to be present when the attempt takes place, so that they can say that all the criteria has been met.

If this is the case, that would mean all the people on the song would have to attend the gig,prove their nationality,and sing it to Mika, in the presence of the adjudicator for it to be a valid attempt.

Otherwise they would have to travel around the world and watch as each part is sung, which would cost loads of money and be a pain for the people involved to take time out to fit in with the adjudicators schedule.

Unless the GWR people have another way of doing it.

we should go for it! ya never know! exciting! is there a fee for applying?

Besides giving MIKA our love...we are doing something huge and Global! it might lead to something BIIIGGGG!

wow....

as far as I've read it there is just a fee of shabby 300 pounds if we want it to be sumitted on the "fast track". otherwise this here might need up to 6 weeks until they call back...

ehm.... media spokesman??? are you kidding me? I'm not even a native speaker !!! And I usually don't understand ANYONE if he or she doesn't speak oxford-english... :sneaky2:

but we can disciss this laterm, i guess. i mean, you can submit ANYTHING and then see what happens....

To do the record attempt, doesn't an adjudicator have to be present when the attempt takes place, so that they can say that all the criteria has been met.

If this is the case, that would mean all the people on the song would have to attend the gig,prove their nationality,and sing it to Mika, in the presence of the adjudicator for it to be a valid attempt.

Otherwise they would have to travel around the world and watch as each part is sung, which would cost loads of money and be a pain for the people involved to take time out to fit in with the adjudicators schedule.

oh dear... you're so right. that's making me sad :tears:

but we should submit it anyway and see what happens. i mean, we cannot change it right now, right?

and the GWR also asked if there were any sponsors.... well, we don't have any (do we? maybe the man himself :D )........

This really seems exciting.:biggrin2: However, I was just wondering if it is clear that we have changed the lyrics of the song? And should we not know the exact number of countries participating?

RIGHT!!!!!! I'll try to change this lyrics-thing!

about the nu,ber of countries... we don't know where everyone comes from :( but that reminds me that sonjalovestoday also participates here... she's from iceland, so we are really 20 (at least). I'll add her to the list.

This is indeed a valid point. I just imagined - all of us singing together in Mika's gig! That would be... incredible. We should organize rehearsals etc... MAD :biggrin2: