2 Days of Nothing but MIKA Conversations

charlottechristy

:thumb_yello:

I'm best friends with MJ's Ex-choreographer...anyways, have a pretty funny story for y'all....the story leads up to all conversations that end in MIKA!!

Last night, after a Josh Groban concert, I hung around outside to visit with some Grobanites. (It's what Josh's fans call themselves.) Anyways, we started talking about other artists and MIKA'S name was mentioned. I couldn't believe it...finally, it wasn't all about JOSH and some people knew who he was. YAY!! So, we start talking about his songs and videos!! What fun!

Then, I get a call from an 80's Rock Star, Jimi Jamison, who used to be the lead singer for Survivor. I've been friends with him for over 20 years. (Hey, I grew up near him...I'm young) Well, he too mentions MIKA'S name to me because he saw that he was on myspace. So, I start telling him all about him...well, anyways, the parts I know. He stated that he's going to go get his CD.

So, here I am at a Josh Groban Concert, talking to an 80's rockstar about MIKA!! Kinda funny. Kinda surreal!

So, I'm getting everybody in a MIKA mood. YAY.

Then, this morning, Michael Jackson's Ex-choreographer, Poppin Taco (known him for 8 years) calls me and tells me he's putting together a class and wants to know if I know who MIKA is? Too funny!!

So, all roads have been leading back to MIKA! Anyways, kinda funny...he has a lot of 80's stars that love what he does! It's great!

Can't wait to see him perform.

Charlotte

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb_yello:

I'm best friends with MJ's Ex-choreographer...anyways, have a pretty funny story for y'all....the story leads up to all conversations that end in MIKA!!

Last night, after a Josh Groban concert, I hung around outside to visit with some Grobanites. (It's what Josh's fans call themselves.) Anyways, we started talking about other artists and MIKA'S name was mentioned. I couldn't believe it...finally, it wasn't all about JOSH and some people knew who he was. YAY!! So, we start talking about his songs and videos!! What fun!

Then, I get a call from an 80's Rock Star, Jimi Jamison, who used to be the lead singer for Survivor. I've been friends with him for over 20 years. (Hey, I grew up near him...I'm young) Well, he too mentions MIKA'S name to me because he saw that he was on myspace. So, I start telling him all about him...well, anyways, the parts I know. He stated that he's going to go get his CD.

So, here I am at a Josh Groban Concert, talking to an 80's rockstar about MIKA!! Kinda funny. Kinda surreal!

So, I'm getting everybody in a MIKA mood. YAY.

Then, this morning, Michael Jackson's Ex-choreographer, Poppin Taco (known him for 8 years) calls me and tells me he's putting together a class and wants to know if I know who MIKA is? Too funny!!

So, all roads have been leading back to MIKA! Anyways, kinda funny...he has a lot of 80's stars that love what he does! It's great!

Can't wait to see him perform.

Charlotte

Poppin Taco????? :naughty: nice story , it's nice how you know so many people! I wish I did .......

LMAO!! Yeah, his real name is Bruno Falcon..but, we call him Taco. Actually, Jimi was my favorite singer in the 80's..again, I'm not that old. LOL! Well, I really wanted to meet him and well, I ended up becoming great friends with him. It's one of those...be careful what you wish for. LMAO! He usually calls when he needs to be put in his place!! I'm good about putting Celebs in their place when they get their heads too far up in the clouds. Remember, they are only human. Jimi was to me in the 80's what MIKA is to me now. LOL! Time sure does fly. It's just cool that Jimi thinks MIKA is cool.

Poppin Taco????? :naughty: nice story , it's nice how you know so many people! I wish I did .......

thats so awesome!

i was just at a groban concert. that kid can sing. and hes pretty funny which i wasnt expecting so much.

Yeah, I love Josh..one of my other Favorite singers. But, I'm just crazy about MIKA! And, JOSH is really funny..I've gotten to go to many of his tapings since I live here in LA and he entertains the audience in between takes...VERY FUNNY STUFF!!

Wow, you are a well connected lady, aren't you. Thats to awesome that MIka is getting so much attention in the industry. Everyone has Mika on their lips. All that touring peole were telling him to take a break from paid off.

"Wow, you are a well connected lady, aren't you. Thats to awesome that MIka is getting so much attention in the industry. Everyone has Mika on their lips."

:punk:

Nice!!!!

My Mr.Mika!!GO GO GO:bleh:

NO WAY!! You missed out? I'm so sorry....I know he added a dozen shows there. What a bummer. Have you tried the secondary market or gone to joshgroban.com to see if anybody has tickets there? You really can't miss him...he's too good! It's a great show. I've been 3 times this year and they have all been wonderful! You just have to try to go! Next time I'm on the fanclub page, I'll see if anybody is selling tickets.

OMG I LOOOOOOOOVE Josh!!! I tried to get tix for his concerts in Oz and I missed out. *sobs*

LMAO!! No, I'm just well connected for 80's bands.....darnit! I love those 80's bands though! Now, if only I had the nerve to ask for other contacts from them. But, my friendship with them is way more important than asking them.."So, who do you know who may know Mika's people." LMAO!! They would totally do it for me...but, love them way tooo much. The only way to stay friends with someone for over 20 years, is to keep their frienship on a friendly level. Gee, does that make sense? But, the 13 year old girl in me wants to ASK and say, "Pretty please!" :bleh:

"Wow, you are a well connected lady, aren't you. Thats to awesome that MIka is getting so much attention in the industry. Everyone has Mika on their lips."

:punk:

Nice!!!!

My Mr.Mika!!GO GO GO:bleh:

No, they are lucky to know me. :biggrin2: Just kidding! No, really they are. :naughty: No, I'm not a Choreographer..My job actually is VERY GROWN UP and It's NOT ME! I'm a Program Manager for the Federal Gov't!! I used to go to gigs when I was a kid and study on the tour bus for my college exams. They stars would think it was so funny. Here, people were dying to meet them and I'm holed up in one of the bunks with a flashlight and book. I swear, I'm such a loser :shocked: I'm so glad I have a life outside of that....MIKA'S a GREAT ESCAPE!! LMAO! :punk:

Wooww you're so lucky you know so much famous people. I mean, you're friends with them!! Who else do you know? :bleh: That's cool! So, your a coregrapher? That's amazing! :biggrin2:

PS: I LOVE JOSH EITHER!

I'm getting calls from some other friends of mine now who are watching/listening to MIKA on myspace. There are even some METAL HEADS who are digging him. :punk: Love it. Okay, I'm going to take him down...I'm selfish..when I finally do see him in concert, I don't want a million people there to where I can't see him. :roftl:

Love your story.... Mika is haunting you... he is everywhere!!:naughty: Glad that he's gaining more fans, but yeah..you're right it'll be even more difficult to fight to the front row at gigs now :biggrin2:

Mika's Huanting me? LMAO!! Bring it on!! Now, there's a haunting I wouldn't mind. :biggrin2: I'm still upset that I didn't know about him when he played in L.A. a few months ago..I'm so bummed. Now, I'm just trying to figure out how I'll get to see him perform.

Love your story.... Mika is haunting you... he is everywhere!!:naughty: Glad that he's gaining more fans, but yeah..you're right it'll be even more difficult to fight to the front row at gigs now :biggrin2: