Everybody's Style?

Coliee_MIKA

Awww, thank you everybody! Btw, Hannah, I love the understated clothes-with-bright accessories thing. I want to try that next; I need to get me some hot pink and neon green shoes to pair with my black outfits.

Calico, my birthday was pretty understated in the end... but nice. Since we're talking clothes, I wore a floaty yellow babydoll dress and yellow polka dot slippers with that necklace that phunkygirl has.

And I once again agree with Sarie that anyone could pull off most looks if they are just sensible with matching things to their body. Definitely the 50s thing, with the cinching belts and full skirts and chunky stripes and polka dots and all actually works better on plus-size figures. I would be careful with doing clothing that require a lot of draping unless you're very skinny and tall (ie, like the 20s low-waisted styles), but 50s? That is made for ladies with curves to show off. The empire-waist tunics that are in style now, too, look lovely on any gal with cleavage to show off (ie not me, hahah). They're very fun. I should note though that they seem to me to work better on shorter rather than taller girls, actually. So it all depends, but mostly it's just a question of finding the right proportion for you.

--Jack

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, thank you everybody! Btw, Hannah, I love the understated clothes-with-bright accessories thing. I want to try that next; I need to get me some hot pink and neon green shoes to pair with my black outfits.

Calico, my birthday was pretty understated in the end... but nice. Since we're talking clothes, I wore a floaty yellow babydoll dress and yellow polka dot slippers with that necklace that phunkygirl has.

And I once again agree with Sarie that anyone could pull off most looks if they are just sensible with matching things to their body and trying to find the right proportions. Definitely the 50s thing, with the cinching belts and full skirts and chunky stripes and polka dots and all actually works better on plus-size figures. I would be careful with doing clothing that require a lot of draping unless you're very skinny (ie, like the 20s low-waisted styles), but 50s? That is made for ladies with curves to show off. The empire-waist tunics that are in style now, too, look lovely on any gal with cleavage to show off (ie not me, hahah). They're very fun.

--Jack

i have pink adidas that have lace on the sides and with bright neon green laces...they're so sweet....:wub2:

Everybody has such unique and awesome way of dressing!

I hate the way people are called and picked at because of the way they dress too. Like I have a lot of chavs where I live(I dont lie to label but I dunno what else to call them) so when I went in school in converse with my henley jeans and jacket. I got quite a few people saying stuff to me like why am I wearing"Mosh" trainers. They simple just don't get it. They all try to impress each other and quite frankly I am sick of it.

Oh David, Love your SHOESS!!! Ignore them lads seriously you always got

people at MFC they are gonna grow up with nobody.

Does anybody not have uniform at there school?

I hate the way people are called and picked at because of the way they dress too. Like I have a lot of chavs where I live(I dont lie to label but I dunno what else to call them) so when I went in school in converse with my henley jeans and jacket. I got quite a few people saying stuff to me like why am I wearing"Mosh" trainers. They simple just don't get it. They all try to impress each other and quite frankly I am sick of it.

I have uniformmm. It sucks.

I'm sick of people from my school laughing at me because of my dress sense.

Wtf??

What's the point? I'm not changing my image for them.

JEEBUSSSSSS.

Lol

I do wear uniform ! I kinda like them but they are unconfurtable I would rather prefer to wear my own stuff and thanks very much !!! Hey we are all Mika teen fans !!!

Oh and thanks very much about the shoes and yeah I dont care anymore what they think of me people at MFC are really nice and have recive some compliments so I dont feel as bad as myself as I did before !!! :D

I have uniformmm. It sucks.

I'm sick of people from my school laughing at me because of my dress sense.

Wtf??

What's the point? I'm not changing my image for them.

JEEBUSSSSSS.

Lol

Dont feel ashame !!! Everyone is different and unique and decide how to dress so I think its pretty cool the way you decided to dress cause its fun and

modern and unique !! oh and Do you lke paramore ?? :punk:

Dont feel ashame !!! Everyone is different and unique and decide how to dress so I think its pretty cool the way you decided to dress cause its fun and

modern and unique !! oh and Do you lke paramore ?? :punk:

Meh, I know you weren't talking to me, but I LOVE Paramore. I just saw them in concert about a month ago.:biggrin2: