Happy Endinnn

xxprincesschezzaxx

I think it reminds me of a coffee commercial when he starts smiling towards the end.

It's like... "wake up in the morning... WITH MAXWELL HOUSEEEEEE!"

*wide eyed Mika*

"You know, when I'm busy doing the popstar thing, I get exhausted, too. I know I don't have a 9 to 5 job, but floating with amputee hands through the air can really take a toll on my body. So I rejuvenate with Maxwell House 'Happy Ending' in my cup. Yummmmmm"

LMAO! "Maxwell House always gives me a Happy Ending at the end of every day!"

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it reminds me of a coffee commercial when he starts smiling towards the end.

It's like... "wake up in the morning... WITH MAXWELL HOUSEEEEEE!"

*wide eyed Mika*

"You know, when I'm busy doing the popstar thing, I get exhausted, too. I know I don't have a 9 to 5 job, but floating with amputee hands through the air can really take a toll on my body. So I rejuvenate with Maxwell House 'Happy Ending' in my cup. Yummmmmm"

:roftl: Yes the whole thing is really cliché.

:roftl: Yes the whole thing is really cliché.

Yup.

Maybe we can do like we did for the 'Big Girl' video. Then they'll change it all around to our liking.

Except nobody agrees with me. So it'll be me, alone, in a thread, putting all my ideas in caps and yelling at his production company.

new mika bulletin:

The video for MIKA's new single 'Happy Ending' will be premiered on Thursday 20th September on Channel Four at 12pm.

Love MIKA Sounds

or you can watch it on youtube LOL..

SCORE!

If I hurry up and write to Mika Made a Mistake With This Video INC., maybe they can change it in... three days!

My impressions:

1) Well, I like it better than the last two videos! GK is still tops though.

2) To think I made a comment on Mika's myspace photos saying "You need a lot more creepyness in your videos. Creepyness and balloons. I see you've got the balloons, but I would encourage you to incorporate your toy collection come to life in order to up the creepyness." Ha! Thank you for being so obliging, Mika. (I swear, either all my thoughts are really obvious and cliche too, or Mika almost always does what I say he "should" do next.) Of course since I made that comment after the video was already shot, I just sound dumb.

3) Mika's really taking this whole 80s-inspiration thing seriously, isn't he? I expect to see New Wave fashions in the next vid. Also, Mika doing Bowie's touching-the-ground-dance move. (Yes, yes, Mika or his director have obviously watched Labyrinth.)

4) The lining on that jacket is awesome.

5) Mika's been working out even more?

6) My one gripe is--what's with all the smiling at the end? This song is not happy. It's quite delightfully uncompromisingly bleak while retaining a sense of bizarre optimism, but not happy. This video makes it... happy.

--Jack

My impressions:

1) Well, I like it better than the last two videos! GK is still tops though.

2) To think I made a comment on Mika's myspace photos saying "You need a lot more creepyness in your videos. Creepyness and balloons. I see you've got the balloons, but I would encourage you to incorporate your toy collection come to life in order to up the creepyness." Ha! Thank you for being so obliging, Mika. (I swear, either all my thoughts are really obvious and cliche too, or Mika almost always does what I say he "should" do next.) Of course since I made that comment after the video was already shot, I just sound dumb.

3) Mika's really taking this whole 80s-inspiration thing seriously, isn't he? I expect to see New Wave fashions in the next vid. Also, Mika doing Bowie's touching-the-ground-dance move. (Yes, yes, Mika or his director have obviously watched Labyrinth.)

4) The lining on that jacket is awesome.

5) Mika's been working out even more?

6) My one gripe is--what's with all the smiling at the end? This song is not happy. It's quite delightfully uncompromisingly bleak while retaining a sense of bizarre optimism, but not happy. This video makes it... happy.

--Jack

jack I LOVE YOU!

i think we need a bit more of heartfelt cheesiness on our screens anyway. TOO MUCH HOLLYWOOD GOIN ON!

i think the smiling...well everyone starts joining in don't they. i have such a fab feeling when everyone starts singing together, i feel such a warmth. It's kinda like support, even though everyone singing such sad lyrics "this is the way you left me, im not pretending. no hope, no love, no glory, no happy ending". it kinda makes you feel as if you're not alone.

thats my impression, anyway. others may interpret it differently.

--Jack

You´re right, specially in the last part of the video...Too much happiness. The rest is almost perfect

I dont think i can watch it anymore , its sends chills down me and my hairs on my arms stand on end lol! its amazing !! :punk:

the bit with the hands talking near the end reminds me of labyrinth :biggrin2:

i know right???????:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: i think i will see those hands in my dreams tonight!:shocked:

I dont think i can watch it anymore , its sends chills down me and my hairs on my arms stand on end lol! its amazing !! :punk:

the bit with the hands talking near the end reminds me of labyrinth :biggrin2:

so many people have said that lol xDDD

i havent watched labyrinth in years so i cant really remember it, apart from the girl being in the maze and some goblin thing, and at the end where the man *whose name escapes me* has the girls little sister!

(i AM thinking of the right film, arent i?)

well i don't think it's dumb, but all that "makes me cry" and "his best video ever" is something i'm not able to relate to. i really like the beginning, and a few other parts, but the rest is, well, just "nice" for me.

:wink2:

Honestly, *I've seen yet stuff like that, it could be more original* was my very first thoughts. I think they would have the available means to make a modern video, not going back to the past clichè like using a prepackaged one.

I like the previous videos instead, but I also think that this time the song was a bit difficoult to traspose in a commercial video...coz on one side Mika is labelled like optimist and go on, in the other Happy Ending is a deeply sad piece

It's just my interpretation and It's hard to explain:bleh: ,so

peace out:thumb_yello:

Well thank you, dear, but I think the comment I left a few days ago didn't really influence Mika's music video decisions. :wink2: Though I'll gladly take the credit! :naughty:

--Jack

it might have lmfao, they might been halfway thru editing it, saw ur comment and thought "SCRAP THAT BIT - THIS IDEAS PERFECT!!"

and stuck it right in!

the bunny cries though :( and the toys on his pillow blink as well lol!

You´re right, specially in the last part of the video...Too much happiness. The rest is almost perfect

Yeah, to be honest I thought that when the balloon string slipped off from his hand, the rest of the video was going to be him falling to the ground, since the fairy-tale like promise of a "happy ending" (the pink balloon) was gone. He would have woken up before he hit the ground, of course, or maybe even the "little bit of love" chorus and hands could have buoyed him up, but I really think there should have been a protracted fall to convey the disorientated, lost feeling that a lot of the song has.

--Jack

Yeah, to be honest I thought that when the balloon string slipped off from his hand, the rest of the video was going to be him falling to the ground, since the fairy-tale like promise of a "happy ending" (the pink balloon) was gone. He would have woken up before he hit the ground, of course, or maybe even the "little bit of love" chorus and hands could have buoyed him up, but I really think there should have been a protracted fall to convey the disorientated, lost feeling that a lot of the song has.

--Jack

well it KINDA did...he sorta did start to fall but then the hands helped him balance :)

i saw it as...like, when he was in bed...obviously when you're heartbroken you don't really wanna do anything...and then the balloon starts to lift him up, symbolising that he needs to get on his feet again. when the balloon releases it's because it thinks Mika doesn't need support anymore, and to get stronger he needs to make the rest of his journey by himself. He kind of stumbles at first but the hands help him balance and then guide him in the right direction.

thats how i saw it.