Everbody's Talkin' ???????

Haley & Megan Meyer

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, it is a great song, and Harry Nilsson was a great, great artist.

But I do prefer Mika's cover of this particular one, it has more 'soul' and feeling to it in my opinion....It's just soo beautiful , I never get tired of it:wub2:

Hi all, I absolutely love Mika's version of Harry Nilsson's Everybody's Talkin'. I love the way Mika sings it, and plays the piano with it. Does anybody know if you can download a version of it or anywhere I could get it? Thank you!:wub2: :wub2:

I have it on mp3 format which I copied or downloaded from some concerts where he sang it.....

If you can't get it, I can also send it to you:thumb_yello:

I'm one of those bratty children that was raised on a steady diet of Nilsson and the like. So then I end up getting mad at people who don't know who Harry Nilsson is, and I go off into a "HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT? ARE YOU STUPID?!" tirade. At which point my mother makes me tea and goes "So X told me you were yelling at them for not knowing who _insert musician here_ is."

Oh. I guess I won't tell you I have no idea who he is then. My mom knows.

Well as long as your mother knows, I'll let you live.:biggrin2:

And it doesn't really bother me if someone doesn't know who these musicians are. It just bothers me when newer artists do covers of their popular songs, and then fans have no idea who did the original, and no respect for the person who actually wrote it.

It's like a couple years ago, that band Mest did a cover of 'Melt With You', that Modern English song. And someone had it in their MSN name and I said "Oooh, Modern English!" and they said I was "dumb" because I didn't know that it was a Mest song. wtfever.

It's great that so many people are getting into this song.....it is an amazing track.

You should check out some more of Harry Nillson's stuff when you get chance.

x

I agree. Harry's great, and he has such a beautiful voice.

Mika's rendition is lovely. It showcases his versatility and sensitivity.

I have it on MP3...I'm fairly sure I downloaded it from a link on the MFC somewhere actually!

I love Mika's version.

I've always loved the song and when he sings it I get goosebumbs! I'm not sure which I would say is "best" they are both very different and I adore them both! :)

And it doesn't really bother me if someone doesn't know who these musicians are. It just bothers me when newer artists do covers of their popular songs, and then fans have no idea who did the original, and no respect for the person who actually wrote it.

I am totally with you on that one Sarie!! That also bothers me, and I know that if people don't know, it's not their fault, but I still get irritated by it,hehe...

The good thing about 'newer' artists doing covers of older (somethimes unknown by young people) songs, is that it helps new people discover an artist of who they were not aware of before.

So in the end it's aaaaaaaaaall good!

:thumb_yello:

I have it on MP3...I'm fairly sure I downloaded it from a link on the MFC somewhere actually!

I love Mika's version.

I've always loved the song and when he sings it I get goosebumbs! I'm not sure which I would say is "best" they are both very different and I adore them both! :)

I totally agree with what you say, that is exactly how Mika's cover of this song makes me feel.

A little like this one (Without you) sung by Harry N himself:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZI6qJBvDE

Such a wonderful performance....So heartfelt!

Oh and regarding the mp3, I think that you are right, it is here somewhere, it was a concert in Berlin if I remember correctly..and also another one in Italy was uploaded here where he did that song.

Again, if I am not mistaken, the sound quality and everything in general was better in the german one....He also did a beautiful rendition (well, as usual) or Over My Shoulder.

What a fantastic song and performance. Mika gets me every time when he sings it. It's so sad, he sounds like a little animal crying (this is GOOD feedback, no funny comments please!! :sneaky2::roftl: )

It's the only way I found to describe it in a rush,lol.

I didn't see it! Explain again svp?

Well it was something along the lines of "I felt like playing around a bit, like others here who regularly change their sex on the mfc, and I also wanted to know what it felt like having a big erect arrow sticking out from my name"

Basically checking out how 'life as a boy' feels :biggrin2: .

I told you it was silly :bleh: . Just a bit of fun really!!

I am totally with you on that one Sarie!! That also bothers me, and I know that if people don't know, it's not their fault, but I still get irritated by it,hehe...

The good thing about 'newer' artists doing covers of older (somethimes unknown by young people) songs, is that it helps new people discover an artist of who they were not aware of before.

So in the end it's aaaaaaaaaall good!

:thumb_yello:

*nod*

You're a GUY now?! Your little lady thingy turned into a guy thingy above your picture!