The 'Get Mika Onto British TV' Campaign!

Marilyn Mastin

Okay, here's the thing. I know we can't expect Mika to drop everything and come on loads of shows over here. That is not what this is about.

But look, guys and girls, Happy Ending is number 7 in this week's charts. That is a miracle, considering Mika has had no coverage on TV. I know that the latest pop-clone, Shayne Ward, and nice-and-tuneful-but-deadly-dull Leona Lewis came off the X Factor, but seriously, did they really need all that attention.

Yes they did in fact, because it got Shayne's song to number 2, even though it's a piece of crap, and Leona will probably get to number one with her bleeding love song (no I didn't forget the commas before the word bleeding and after the word love) and also, arn't they making a fuss of Chico, because he's been clever enough to think of recording a song that praises big girls and calls them beautiful. Oh goodness me! why didn't anyone else think of that? Oh wait! Mika already did! Does Mika get the credit? Does he hell! Do you see what I mean? All we want is for the media to acknowledge Mika, not fawn over him or give him any over the top hype. Just show his videos and, perhaps occasionally, his concerts, at a time when we are all still awake, and maybe invite him onto GMTV occasionally as well. Is that too much to ask.

So I've kicked off my campaign by emailing gmtv.co.uk. This is also where I'd like to ask for help, because I'd like to post links to the TV stations or radio stations, if they are ignoring him too, but I don't know how to do that, so I'd like to find an accomplace who knows all that stuff. But the sort of things to tell the channels, in emails, would be, that Mika is not just writing clappy happy pop tunes, he's writing beautiful ballads as well, and is becomming a bit of a rock-god on the quiet. He transends genres and he's a global treasure. Also tell them how adorable he is in interviews, and how entertaining. He's compulsive viewing whether he is singing, or speaking!

Just think. If he was on an interview at a time when people are actually watching, he would have the whole country at his feet. The only reason he doesn't have them at his feet now, is because people don't really know him like we do. If they did, Happy Ending would already be number 1.

So, if you agree with me, please start by emailing gmtv.co.uk, as I have done, and tell them you want to see Mika.

Love today, from Marilyn

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I already did this kind of thing about 3 weeks ago, I mailed Paul O Grady, Loose Women, Richard and Judy and GMTV, I told them how fantastic he is to interview, how fabulous his songs are, how he could sing live for them and all sorts, I only got automated replies back, but I guess if more people mail, then maybe they will take the hint.

EDIT:Just emailed them cos I think it was Phil and Fern that I emailed the first time.

I completely agree with you Marilyn.

Obviously Mika doesn't have time to be doing loads of interviews, but it's reasonable for them to at least show coverage of his gigs and promote him more. I will be so annoyed if some wannabe from X Factor beats HE for No.1.

I also can't stand Chico's ridiculous Coke Bottle Song!

Oh thanks for the support! If you want to get in touch with GMTV then just go on the sebsite http://www.gmtv.co.uk and click on 'contact us'. Of course Mika can please himself whether he goes on shows or not, but we'd like him to at least have that choice, and after the lack of even a mention of his wonderful ballad, Happy Endings, I think it'sthe final straw.

Channel 4, however, should be thanked, because they, at least, have shown his concerts and his video (even though it was late at night) and if we thank them for supporting Mika, they may support him even more. They are http://www.channel4.co.uk

I just think we need to tell the media that Mika has some fans out there, and it will certainly do not harm to Mika, if we do that.

Love again today, from Marilyn

If there more more singles to come from LiCM I think he would have released them prior to HE. Don't know why, I just have that feeling.

I doubt many others would pull it of as a Christmas single.

Although My Interpretation is my favourite song, I don't think it would work as a finale for LiCM in the same way HE would.

I hope Mika DOES release a Christmas single. He's a Christian after all, so it would be brilliant if he wrote about the true meaning of Christmas, not the other comercial stuff. Would you like to read a poem I have written about Mika? I wrote it, originally, to encourage all the voters, but I also write for an agency so I sent it to them and they've had it published. I thought it would help people realise how special Mika actually is. His story, not just his music, although it's all part of one awesome package. Triond did not add any links, they didn't when I wrote an article about Mika, but anyone who's interested, will be intelligent enough to look him up on google and find us, and mikasounds, etc.

http://www.authspot.com/poetry/Mikas-Journey.5513

I also have an article on another site

http:// http://www.quazen/arts/music/Mika-The-Multicoloured-Maestro

I don't know if the information will link okay, but you should find it anyway

Hopefully, both these things will spark a bit more interest

Love today, from Marilyn

I agree with you. He should do more promotion, funny thing is, here in the Netherlands they often show his videos and every week or month he's in a magazine, I once bought 5 mags at a time because he was in it:naughty: So the promotion over here goes great, but HE isn't released here yet. But I hate everything that has to do with X-Factor etc. So I hope he will at least do one show to promote HE and his gigs:blink:

I hope Mika DOES release a Christmas single. He's a Christian after all, so it would be brilliant if he wrote about the true meaning of Christmas, not the other comercial stuff. Would you like to read a poem I have written about Mika? I wrote it, originally, to encourage all the voters, but I also write for an agency so I sent it to them and they've had it published. I thought it would help people realise how special Mika actually is. His story, not just his music, although it's all part of one awesome package. Triond did not add any links, they didn't when I wrote an article about Mika, but anyone who's interested, will be intelligent enough to look him up on google and find us, and mikasounds, etc.

http://www.authspot.com/poetry/Mikas-Journey.5513

I also have an article on another site

http:// http://www.quazen/arts/music/Mika-The-Multicoloured-Maestro

I don't know if the information will link okay, but you should find it anyway

Hopefully, both these things will spark a bit more interest

Love today, from Marilyn

It's me again. I've been off voting for Mika in the EMAS, but then I got onto ITV's site and found the email address for this morning. It is

thismorning@itv.com

I asked them why they are ignoring Mika, when he's the next big thing! I've reminded them that Mika came up the hard way, not through X Factor and I told them how sick I am of all the X Factor hype. I'll try and find some more addresses, and fit it in between the voting. But to anyone from abroad who is on this thread, I say this. I wish I lived in any other country, but here! Everywhere else treats Mika like a prince. Our media treat him like a prionce's poor relation and I am ashamed of my own country's media.

Oh God, please let him win those two awards!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

It's me again. I've been off voting for Mika in the EMAS, but then I got onto ITV's site and found the email address for this morning. It is

thismorning@itv.com

I asked them why they are ignoring Mika, when he's the next big thing! I've reminded them that Mika came up the hard way, not through X Factor and I told them how sick I am of all the X Factor hype. I'll try and find some more addresses, and fit it in between the voting. But to anyone from abroad who is on this thread, I say this. I wish I lived in any other country, but here! Everywhere else treats Mika like a prince. Our media treat him like a prionce's poor relation and I am ashamed of my own country's media.

Oh God, please let him win those two awards!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

I have now written to the BBC. They can be found at

http://www.bbc.co.uk then click on entertainment and contact. You can email from there.

LOve today, from Marilyn