i think..... (idea for concerts threads)

Sivan

ok i was thinking about it...

maybe the people that make the review or concerts threads... edit the first post with all the links to the pictures and videos from the thread?

so everything will be in one place?

good? not good?

just thought its something we could do :)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's a great idea, Sivan! It's easy to keep up with all the pictures and videos when you are online at the same time that everyone is posting stuff, but when you come back and there are so many new pages, it's so hard to find all the good stuff!

ok i was thinking about it...

maybe the people that make the review or concerts threads... edit the first post with all the links to the pictures and videos from the thread?

so everything will be in one place?

good? not good?

just thought its something we could do :)

It's a great idea, Sivan... except that if we keep doing the gig review

threads the way we have been the last week or so, the originating

poster is always gonna be ME! :naughty:

Of course, any mod can edit the first post when they see any new

pics/vids have been added... so I guess if we all agree to do that,

that would work!

It's certainly worth a try! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

it's a great idea, I would also like to see other info in the same place like, each gig have it's own questions and answers part where we could ask for spare tickets, costume ideas, meet ups, hotel ideas, travel arrangements, etc etc, it's a pain trying to remember what thread has what on it if you have seen something.

(so sub menus woould be great if they are possible with links)

I would love this but I think it's a lot of work for the person who starts the thread - which is usually one of the mods because the thread has to be opened as the pre-gig thread closes. Maybe we could have a separate thread in videos/photo sections and whoever wants to take on the task could collate them all after the fact for one particular show.

It would be great if we could do this for everything and not just concerts. What a luxury it would be to just open up the photo/video section and find exactly what you're looking for instead of sifting through hundreds of posts to find that one pic that was buried somewhere inside a thread in the news section about some quasi-related topic.

I know it's a bit of a pipedream but there are 7,000 members here, so it doesn't need to be a huge burden for one person. When someone starts a photo thread everyone should be encouraged to post their pics there (in addition to anywhere else they had posted it during another discussion), the owner of the thread could keep the first post updated with all the links.

I would love this but I think it's a lot of work for the person who starts the thread - which is usually one of the mods because the thread has to be opened as the pre-gig thread closes. Maybe we could have a separate thread in videos/photo sections and whoever wants to take on the task could collate them all after the fact for one particular show.

It would be great if we could do this for everything and not just concerts. What a luxury it would be to just open up the photo/video section and find exactly what you're looking for instead of sifting through hundreds of posts to find that one pic that was buried somewhere inside a thread in the news section about some quasi-related topic.

I know it's a bit of a pipedream but there are 7,000 members here, so it doesn't need to be a huge burden for one person. When someone starts a photo thread everyone should be encouraged to post their pics there (in addition to anywhere else they had posted it during another discussion), the owner of the thread could keep the first post updated with all the links.

I was wondering about this myself before, when we were discussing

starting a separate "Gig Review" thread for each gig -- whether photos

and videos should be posted in the review itself, or in their own threads...

It would make sense, especially after the gig is really old history -- you could

just go to the specific "Gig Pics" thread to find the pics you want, or the

"Gig Vids" thread for the video links...

What does everyone think?

dcdeb

I was wondering about this myself before, when we were discussing

starting a separate "Gig Review" thread for each gig -- whether photos

and videos should be posted in the review itself, or in their own threads...

It would make sense, especially after the gig is really old history -- you could

just go to the specific "Gig Pics" thread to find the pics you want, or the

"Gig Vids" thread for the video links...

What does everyone think?

dcdeb

I think people with photos/videos should post in both threads. Within the gig thread where the discussion is going on, and in the photo/video thread for the purposes of archiving. Try to keep the actual photo thread posts mostly to photos/videos only instead of 100 pages of "OMG he's so cute".

I've noticed people are doing this already. Reposting the best photos from the gigs into the Mikagasmic thread. This would be a way to keep it organized a bit more.

I think people with photos/videos should post in both threads. Within the gig thread where the discussion is going on, and in the photo/video thread for the purposes of archiving. Try to keep the actual photo thread posts mostly to photos/videos only instead of 100 pages of "OMG he's so cute".

I've noticed people are doing this already. Reposting the best photos from the gigs into the Mikagasmic thread. This would be a way to keep it organized a bit more.

Well, after just trying to post links for the Bologna pics in the gig review

thread, I must say, I'm all for that! Seriously, it was really time-consuming

to go through the entire thread and find all the pics and then copy the

links... I didn't even finish yet, because my wrists started to hurt! Oweee!

So... I'll wait to see what others think, but I'm voting for letting the

owners of the pics/vids post their own stuff under the Members Only

forum! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

Oh i didnt see this til after i read the gig review and thought it was a brill idea and loved being able to find the pics so easy, but yes i understand it must b alot of work so im happy do wotever:bleh:

but the gig reviews are MUCH easier now thx DC deb!!!!

Well, after just trying to post links for the Bologna pics in the gig review

thread, I must say, I'm all for that! Seriously, it was really time-consuming

to go through the entire thread and find all the pics and then copy the

links... I didn't even finish yet, because my wrists started to hurt! Oweee!

So... I'll wait to see what others think, but I'm voting for letting the

owners of the pics/vids post their own stuff under the Members Only

forum! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

hmmm maybe just make the REVIEW threads a REVIEWS only thread? and than people wont post in it?

THO its nice to see people comments on the reviews...lol hmm

OR!!! ask in the review thread that EVERYONE that give a review or post a link to pictures to PM me or Dcdeb or one of the mods... to update the thread? and they need to send the link to the post they made to...:blink: