do you ever feel like you love mika?

Guest Emz-Mika-Luva

Yet another cyber twin! This is freakin' me out! hahaha

I am slightly anti-social though, but not on here. Sometimes there are just days where I don't want to say a word to anyone and vice versa. Being home alone is one of my favorite things in the world.....but it is a rare occasion, seeing as there are people living here *rolls eyes*

tell me about it! and I don't start my homework until like 10 most nights ...like now because its so freakin depressing... I'm never going to need pre cal or chem...I'm gonna be a writer for crying out loud and an actress:roftl:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tell me about it! and I don't start my homework until like 10 most nights ...like now because its so freakin depressing... I'm never going to need pre cal or chem...I'm gonna be a writer for crying out loud and an actress:roftl:

I never start it before 9 haha, thats like a rule for me, I refuse:naughty:

I told my friend I had MFC homework and she was like "Are you freakin' kidding me? You won't do your school homework yet you're going to do your MFC homework?!" haha

Oh crap, I have to do some french skit with my friends...my teacher is going to think I'm nuts (again)...hehe

I never start it before 9 haha, thats like a rule for me, I refuse:naughty:

I told my friend I had MFC homework and she was like "Are you freakin' kidding me? You won't do your school homework yet you're going to do your MFC homework?!" haha

Oh crap, I have to do some french skit with my friends...my teacher is going to think I'm nuts (again)...hehe

I HATE skits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *knocks on wood* I fear them lol

ahhh well I have to read now :thumbdown: Imagine that :P

talk to you later soul sister!

I HATE skits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *knocks on wood* I fear them lol

ahhh well I have to read now :thumbdown: Imagine that :P

talk to you later soul sister!

Tell me about it! And we have to make it seem "real" but I always say "its a french class, not a drama class!"....grrr

Ok, have fun readin' my homie!

I love Mika. But I'm not in love with Mika.

Half the people I know think I'm crazy, obsessed. I've already been told that I possess that disorder "Celebrity Worhip Syndrome" or CWS for short. It's funny because my sister-in-law e-mailed my husband (her brother) a link that described this syndrome to him and copied (cc'd) 4 other of my friends on it and they didn't include me in the e-mail chain , but were speaking about me the whole time! This is the thread I started on it:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7722

I was a normal mother, wife, career-woman, going about her day-to-day ...and look at me now! :shocked: It's 11:46pm and I'm posting this entry on the Mika Fan Club forum, 12 months after hearing "Grace Kelly" for the first time on radio. I met Christine on this forum and now we're flying to London together. My family, my friends, my colleagues at work, my buddies on the train have all given me the impression that they think I've gone bonkers!

I can't say for certain, nor can I rule out the possibility that if I was single and had no attachments (kids and husband) in my life, I might certainly chase Mika around the world and try to make him fall in love with me...why not? He's gonna have to fall in love with someone at sometime. :naughty:

But reality check - similar to what Christine and Hannah have been saying, I look back at the feelings I had for guys (in my young adulthood) and I can distinguish the real love from the infatuations. I cried weeks after my first heartbreak because my love felt real.

Does love have to be reciprocated for it to be real? I think not. And physical attraction is a very strong phenomenon that often does lead to true love afterwards. But I believe love has to develop from something deeper. You need to witness the person's bad side, bad moods, and his/her bad habits and experience interaction with everyday occurrences and how they deal with problems and with you.

I love Mika. But I'm not in love with Mika.

Half the people I know think I'm crazy, obsessed. I've already been told that I possess that disorder "Celebrity Worhip Syndrome" or CWS for short.

Oh I forgot about CWS :naughty:

but the part mika shows to us is like a real part of him right?? not like he is so relaxed as if hes cuddled up on the couch watching tv LOL but like when he is in interviews and talk shows etc etc he always has so many opinions and well i respect that he can voice them. so is that ok if i belive that is the mika i love?? but i do know thats not completly him!! there is proberly a dark side to him like everybody else....he proberly has his bad days like everyone say yer hes not perfect but some times i make him out to be but i geuss thats what us teenagers do.......

I don't believe that the Mika we see in interviews and backstage is "fake" by any stretch. I may be wrong, but I don't believe that all the things we see in the interviews - his charm, his wit, his intellect, his spontaneity - is something calculated solely to increase fame/popularity/record sales, or what have you. And what we see in these situations is amazingly freakin' adorable. That and, if I'm in the right mindset, his music can make me positively dopey. The recording of Happy Ending from Bologna is almost ethereal.

Maybe I'm a bit dreamy, but I think we do get glimpses of the genuine Mika here and there. That smile in the Happy Ending - Making Of clip when he plays with his toy theatre - I'd prefer not to believe that's anything but completely genuine. :no:

(Clip is here in case anyone missed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfHBcXUJSbA - aforementioned smile is at 1:25).

That said, I think what happens is that we take the bits and pieces of what we do know about Mika, and we make sort of a honeycomb. Then, because none of us truly know him, we're free to fill in the empty gaps with whatever qualities we'd like him to have - we can essentially use the basis that we see in press and public appearances, and then round it out to our exacting specifications. That's the difference between "real" love and "from a distance" love - when someone is part of your day-to-day physical life, you soon learn there aren't many gaps which you can customize. You sort of have to take what's there.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being somewhat obsessed, and even thinking you love Mika - I think its even healthy for the most obsessed of younglings, as it can help to outline the traits they might seek in a future partner. The only issue is, for example, if someone became so fixated on Mika that they completely abandoned the idea of ever finding anyone suitable in real life. But for now, IMHO, no harm in being a little (or more than a little!) obsessed.

Guest Emz-Mika-Luva
I don't believe that the Mika we see in interviews and backstage is "fake" by any stretch. I may be wrong, but I don't believe that all the things we see in the interviews - his charm, his wit, his intellect, his spontaneity - is something calculated solely to increase fame/popularity/record sales, or what have you. And what we see in these situations is amazingly freakin' adorable. That and, if I'm in the right mindset, his music can make me positively dopey. The recording of Happy Ending from Bologna is almost ethereal.

Maybe I'm a bit dreamy, but I think we do get glimpses of the genuine Mika here and there. That smile in the Happy Ending - Making Of clip when he plays with his toy theatre - I'd prefer not to believe that's anything but completely genuine. :no:

(Clip is here in case anyone missed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfHBcXUJSbA - aforementioned smile is at 1:25).

That said, I think what happens is that we take the bits and pieces of what we do know about Mika, and we make sort of a honeycomb. Then, because none of us truly know him, we're free to fill in the empty gaps with whatever qualities we'd like him to have - we can essentially use the basis that we see in press and public appearances, and then round it out to our exacting specifications. That's the difference between "real" love and "from a distance" love - when someone is part of your day-to-day physical life, you soon learn there aren't many gaps which you can customize. You sort of have to take what's there.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being somewhat obsessed, and even thinking you love Mika - I think its even healthy for the most obsessed of younglings, as it can help to outline the traits they might seek in a future partner. The only issue is, for example, if someone became so fixated on Mika that they completely abandoned the idea of ever finding anyone suitable in real life. But for now, IMHO, no harm in being a little (or more than a little!) obsessed.

Thats what i mean!!! the part i made bold is sort of the way i see it!! but i dont fill the emty gaps with what i want i fill it with my interpretation of the way he acts what he laughs at and my estiment on what he would like considering what i already know about him. so does that make sense?? HOPE SO!!

Thats what i mean!!! the part i made bold is sort of the way i see it!! but i dont fill the emty gaps with what i want i fill it with my interpretation of the way he acts what he laughs at and my estiment on what he would like considering what i already know about him. so does that make sense?? HOPE SO!!

It does make sense, but you have to realize that there are things that you don't know about him so what you imagine cannot be totally accurate. This isn't just true of Mika, it's the same for everyone you'll first meet in your life.

But discovering new and unexpected things about people is one of the joys of life. Our relationships would be boring if we could tell everything about someone just by hearing them speak a few times. And I think you'll find once you start dating that a little mystery goes a long way towards creating an attraction between two people. It's all part of the fun.

It does make sense, but you have to realize that there are things that you don't know about him so what you imagine cannot be totally accurate. This isn't just true of Mika, it's the same for everyone you'll first meet in your life.

But discovering new and unexpected things about people is one of the joys of life. Our relationships would be boring if we could tell everything about someone just by hearing them speak a few times. And I think you'll find once you start dating that a little mystery goes a long way towards creating an attraction between two people. It's all part of the fun.

That's true! And when you finally do find out all those things and love them that's when you know you love someone (at least romantically), when you take them for the good, the bad, and everything in between

That was a very interesting read. Believe it or not, I have read every page of this thread and I have found the feelings and views you girls have expressed to be very true.(although we have got a little heated at times)

I quite agree with you there. We only know Mika as Mika, if that makes sense. We are not with him everyday so don't know what he is really like. Like us all, we all have good days and bad.

Ha ha and yes we can all dream. *I have done that a lot this year*

So I have said my bit.:wink2:

:giveup::mf_popeanim:

May your words be respected!

Okay... I believe that Mika is very open and honest in his interviews. Yes, he keeps part of his life private, but that is his right. I actually think he's way more honest than every other celebrity, and doesn't even like to be called a celebrity.

He's like two people in a way. The one we see on stage, the performer, then the one who we see in interviews. The child-like man... The boy next door... Affectionate, vulnerable, compassionate.

We love him (in whatever way we say we love him) because he IS all those things. He's got the whole world spinning in cartoon motion, and he is out there, promoting his message of love and tolerance. But I don't think Mika actually realises the impact he's having on people, and that's part of his charm as well. He is a very unique individual. In fact... I'll stick my neck out here and say... there's never been anyone quite like him before, and probably won't ever be again. So we are all going to have strong feelings for him and want him to do well. We wouldn't be human if we didn't love Mika!!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

IMO, the answer is simple: no. You can't be in love with a person that you hardly know. You can love his work and "love" what you know of him but what you know of him is nowhere near enough to feel that you are "in love" with him. Unless you believe in "love at first sight" (i.e. an attraction with no real, evidential or logical basis) which I don't.

Ever since I "met" Mika the world seems a brighter and a sweeter world. I guess you could say I'm in love with him, but it's actually a platonic love because I know he'll never fall in love with me. I'm just dreaming but it's a really nice feeling, especially when you have people to talk to who share the same feeling (you MFCers).

I'm really in love with this boy I've known ever since we were little. Since Mika came into my life, I compare that boy to Mika. I see the same smile, the same look, the same way of doing certain things that remind me of Mika.

Yet again, I'm only 14 so I can keep on dreaming... 10 years of difference is too much sometimes. But it's not like I idolize him (meaning I wouldn't die for him) so it's a healthy, nice obsession that makes my days a bit happier :)

Hey everybody!=) Well, I also want to say something to this topic :-) Yesterday I met MIKA in person and I have to say that I like him so much more(if this could be possible :-) than I did before. It is just like everyone of you said: When he speaks to you, he makes you feel that he is also just a human being and he also makes you feel really special. You get the impression that he really cares about what you say. I think this seperates him from other people out there because most of the people seem to be really rude and simply worried about themselves. So I would not call this feelings I have for him love..I think I just like him the way he is. I guess I love him for caring that much about his fans and for being so kind, even I if I don´t know him and I never will. So of course it's all about speculatung..but in my opinion it's allowed to dream and speculate about him etc. So to sum it all up I have to say I really miss him too because of the fact that he is so different (in a good way) from other persons. Man, I miss him badly...that's a bit embarassing but okay =) So, this is everything I wanted to say :)

Well than you wouldn't love that person, you'd love the little that you know about them. All I can say is TRUST ME, ive been in an absolutely horrible situation like this that completley broke my heart, it's not safe, don't fool yourself.

HUUUUUUH?????

I was kidding!

Of course I feel like I'm in love with him sometimes but I'm pretty certain that I won't end up with a guy/girl half as good as what we know to be the center of all our worlds.

I'm sorry about what happened to you and I will definatly remember it.

Are we all clear the? :)

EDIT: who here HAS actually been in a situation where they felt pure love?

Hey everybody!=) Well, I also want to say something to this topic :-) Yesterday I met MIKA in person and I have to say that I like him so much more(if this could be possible :-) than I did before. It is just like everyone of you said: When he speaks to you, he makes you feel that he is also just a human being and he also makes you feel really special. You get the impression that he really cares about what you say. I think this seperates him from other people out there because most of the people seem to be really rude and simply worried about themselves. So I would not call this feelings I have for him love..I think I just like him the way he is. I guess I love him for caring that much about his fans and for being so kind, even I if I don´t know him and I never will. So of course it's all about speculatung..but in my opinion it's allowed to dream and speculate about him etc. So to sum it all up I have to say I really miss him too because of the fact that he is so different (in a good way) from other persons. Man, I miss him badly...that's a bit embarassing but okay =) So, this is everything I wanted to say :)

You met Mika? I bet that was awesome.